Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. There should be a 'throw day' two days after a start. Pushing Peterson's back a day (to Monday) won't really change things and substituting a bullpen session with live action used to be somewhat standard.

For the record we did worse (if you want to label something like this as malpractice) against OSU a few years ago in the tournament.
Penders caught a lot of flack for that and also for doing something similar with Kay back in the ‘16 AAC tourney. The game has evolved in even just the last handful of years and he knows that. He’s not throwing Peterson/Gallagher on Monday.

Reaction Score
They will announce TV when the early games are over. I bet we’ll be on one of ESPN’s. Not ESPN +
Cards and Cubs @ 7:00 on ESPN, ESPN2 dedicated to the woman's WS. Sadly locally even Sliders which sponsors UConn on ESPN radio fails to carry ESPN+.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what college pitchers do in between starts but I know for major leaguers Monday would be the bullpen session for the guy who started friday. That is why it’s common to see a guy pitch a few bullpen innings during a game in the playoffs.

Of course those starters would then pitch Wednesday and college is a set day of the week.
No absolutely not. Those guys won’t be touching a ball until Tuesday.

Reaction Score
No absolutely not. Those guys won’t be touching a ball until Tuesday.
Oh I’m not saying they should do it. I just understand the logic for Peterson if he would normally throw 30 or so pitches on mondays. This is why I said I’d like to hold back both Cooke and chudoba for Monday if possible so we have plenty of innings covered along with willis.

Reaction Score
Wake had a 2 out rally going but a line out to RF ends it. I hope they put up a fight in the 9th just to put as much stress on the Maryland pen as possible.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Springers home runs had he played in this park. I swear he could check swing one out of this place. Ridiculous

Reaction Score
On that ”squeeze play” show, one of them said if Maryland moves on, it’s a “very winnable“ game against UConn. What have they been watching?
It’s also interesting as to whether they see two games winnable as even if they win today they’d have have their fourth game in three days while UConn will only be on game #3

Reaction Score
I don’t know what college pitchers do in between starts but I know for major leaguers Monday would be the bullpen session for the guy who started friday. That is why it’s common to see a guy pitch a few bullpen innings during a game in the playoffs.

Of course those starters would then pitch Wednesday and college is a set day of the week.
There are all sorts of studies that more mature men can throw more without damaging their arms long term than young men. What Major Leaguers would do in the situation is not the right comparison. You can only compare it to what other college programs do.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Maryland's only reliable reliever threw 48 pitches in this game. They are also out of reliable starters.

Help Enzo today (who I am a little apprehensive about) by scoring like madmen.

Reaction Score
Maryland's only reliable reliever threw 48 pitches in this game. They are also out of reliable starters.

Help Enzo today (who I am a little apprehensive about) by scoring like madmen.

I don’t think you can look at Enzo as if he’s facing Creighton or Nova tonight. I think the goal is you get him through the lineup twice. Frankly, if you get three decent innings from him and then turn the ball over to Chudoba or Coe, I’m fine.

Reaction Score
I love Enzo but I think it might be a fireworks display with this team and this ballpark
That’s the reason I was leaning towards preferring Maryland over Wake. Nothing against Maryland but after watching Wake the last two days, they are different. They just smash balls.

Reaction Score
I don’t think you can look at Enzo as if he’s facing Creighton or Nova tonight. I think the goal is you get him through the lineup twice. Frankly, if you get three decent innings from him and then turn the ball over to Chudoba or Coe, I’m fine.
I’ll be happy if we get 2 innings from him, TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom