2022 Recruiting: Jayden Lemond | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Jayden Lemond

Reaction Score
Jayden Lemond is a 6'4 point guard from Englewood, NJ who plays at Dwight-Englewood HS and Team Rio. He was offered by UConn this past June with Kimani seemingly the point man in his recruitment. 247 just posted an article that includes the possibility of him reclassifying to 2023, the five schools recruiting him the hardest, and what he likes about UConn. Last call from UConn was Sept 23.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 10.31.15 AM.png

Reaction Score
Interesting. Expensive private school that isn’t really known for sports. They play a Bergen County schedule and barely beat some really weak teams last year (Including my kids’ high school). I’m assuming he gets all of his coaching and competition through AAU. If it wasn’t for COVID I’d probably be able to see him play often.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Averaged 13/7/5 2.4 steals. Didn't take or make many 3s. Took and made a bunch of FTs per game though.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Another thoughtful answer/statement on UConn in the above article, similar to the one that Yann Farrell (who may be our strongest lean) had in the 247 article posted in his thread.

maybe it’s just because I don’t have the $ subscription to 247, but I usually don’t see recruits give such thoughtful answers. Speaks to the connections our staff is building.. Kudos again to DH/Staff...

Reaction Score
Update:

“They said they like me a lot. They said I can shoot the ball well and they know I’m a guy that wants to work hard. They say I’m the type of guy they are looking for and I’m somebody that can fit well with guards that they already have as well as with some guys that are already committed there.”

Basketball Recruiting - 2022 PG Jayden Lemond talks Connecticut, Auburn, others

Reaction Score
2022's Jayden Lemond rising as national recruit

You recently talked with UConn’s full staff, thoughts?

Lemond: “On Wednesday, I had a zoom call with UConn. It went well, it was the full coaching staff from Coach Hurley to Coach Freeman. It went very well, they like me a lot and I felt a good connection with all the coaches. They showed me videos and it made me feel excited. They also said that the 2022 class is a big class for them and that I would be an instant impact. Overall it went really well.”

Reaction Score
Hurley and his staff have their eyes on a bunch of guards. I really like Yann Farrell and Clingan as big men. Of the targets for guard, Hurley is after a bunch of good ones. Seems like top 3 guards would be him, Gayle jr, Floyd jr, and then Avery brown and Rodney rice on the outside looking in.

Reaction Score
Worth noting with all the 2022 guys we're after this question/answer. Tweet referenced 2023 reclass so I think it's just a typo based on the answer

Now, what about this possible reclassifying to the 2021 option?

Lemond: “Yeah, I mean being one of the youngest players in the class my family and I felt that it’s a good option for me to reclass. I mean just to get stronger, mature more, and grow into more of a leader. I think giving me one extra year allows me to see the mistakes I made on and off the court that I made in the past. It definitely will change my perspective more on things but I feel like it’s for the better to help my future.”

Reaction Score
A lot of info in this article as well, Big East resonating with another recruit

ON WHAT HE HOPES TO SEE ON A POSSIBLE POST-COVID VISIT TO UCONN

“I want to see how the coaches are with the players. I want to see their coaching style. I want to watch and see what kind of drills they do and what kind of sets they run. I want to see all the things that go into their gameplay.”

ON HOW HE FITS THE UCONN SYSTEM

“They talked to me about how they let the guards do what they want as long as they guard. That’s a style I think can benefit me a lot. I like to play defense, but on offense I’m a playmaker and can do all the things they need me to do.”

ON HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE UCONN STAFF

“That was the first big call with the staff for me. I’ve talked to Coach Kimani before, but that was it. This was the first big conversation with all of them. They gave me the full rundown and showed me a lot of the videos they have. The one they had with them going back to the big east was pretty dope,”

Reaction Score
If he reclasses to 2023 that’d be huge. Instant impact freshman year and we can pursue, Corey Floyd, Yann Ferrell, and Clingan(those are my favorites). There’s a lot of options and targets, in the end Hurley has a plan and he’ll execute it

Reaction Score
Hurley and his staff have their eyes on a bunch of guards. I really like Yann Farrell and Clingan as big men. Of the targets for guard, Hurley is after a bunch of good ones. Seems like top 3 guards would be him, Gayle jr, Floyd jr, and then Avery brown and Rodney rice on the outside looking in.
Why aren’t they going after DJ Wagner a #1 recruit from Jersey??

Reaction Score
I thought someone said NJ guards are up to par

Let me clarify. He is a NJ guard--he isn't going to be playing college ball. People are going to realize how trash NJ guards are and stop recruiting in the state. He might be ready for a lower level D3 program if he grows some and can play the wing.

/s

Reaction Score
Let me clarify. He is a NJ guard--he isn't going to be playing college ball. People are going to realize how trash NJ guards are and stop recruiting in the state. He might be ready for a lower level D3 program if he grows some and can play the wing.

/s
He’s rank # 1 in his class above Mikey Williams plus 6’3 IQ is off the charts dad a former NBA player. It’s either you don’t know basketball or a Wagner hater because he’s going to play college ball if not go skip and go overseas

Reaction Score
He’s rank # 1 in his class above Mikey Williams plus 6’3 IQ is off the charts dad a former NBA player. It’s either you don’t know basketball or a Wagner hater because he’s going to play college ball if not go skip and go overseas

You should re-read your post. Stop after the foolish rambling and just start at “Skip & go overseas” if you add or go to the GLeague, then that is exactly what husky429 was saying.

Reaction Score

I assume you don't know what /s means. And probably weren't around when huskymagic went on a tirade about NJ guards being trash for weeks.

I'm kidding. The kid is nasty. Saw him play live last year.

In all seriousness though--he aint playing college ball. He's an NBA starter day 1.

Reaction Score
Ohh ok I’m the lost one lol. His dad was a problem until he had health issues

Reaction Score
I assume you don't know what /s means. And probably weren't around when huskymagic went on a tirade about NJ guards being trash for weeks.

I'm kidding. The kid is nasty. Saw him play live last year.

In all seriousness though--he aint playing college ball. He's an NBA starter day 1.
I actually dont know what /s means. Is it an old school emoji? serious question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom