2022 Recruiting Class | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Class

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Baylor also offered Janiah Barker & Ashlon Jackson.
Well, this thread ONLY applies to 2022 recruits. There's lots of room for conversation on other years like 2021 in the other thread.
I'll add them. Thanks
I find it hard to believe that Baylor is the only school to offer Barker.

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe that Baylor is the only school to offer Barker.

I do too, but Ms. Barker is being tight lipped about offers. My inclusion is based upon a Baylor poster asserting that Baylor had offered. Her list of offers is probably as big as Ayanna Patterson's but she does not appear to be divulging the info to public sources.

I get the feeling that Geno recruits by telling all but "can't miss" prospects something honest like "this is not an offer of a scholarship right now but we are strongly considering giving you such an offer when we have determined our exact needs and I get to know you better."

Very little out there about UConn offers - unlike say UCLA and Louisville who are "offering" everybody.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The listings on the first post are for players. On that page a bold print name means that they have been ranked in the Top 44 by all four polls that are used in calculating their average rank. Thus, Ayanna Patterson's name is bold on that post.

The second big post is a listing of top programs and the prospects they have purportedly offered. On that post, bold prient has a different meaning. It means that a prospect has announced that school as a finalist. Ayanna Patterson has not announced any finalists among her 50+ offers. Therefore, her name is not emboldened in the Notre Dame list (or any others).

Also, I don't list "give and take." I only list purported offers. What is a purported offer? First, keep in mind that coaches/schools are not allowed to discuss a recruit. Thus, we never know officially if a school has offered. Second, I use recruiting related websites that report offers based upon what the prospects have told the website. One such site is wbbblog. They list 50 plus offer to Ayanna Patterson who appears to feed them. They really report nothing for Janiah Barker of Timea Gardiner. This indicates that those two very high profile prospects are not revealing their offers to the public.

I distrust so-called insiders on homerboards because I have seen them proven wrong many times. I'm not going to school homerboards to search for info on offers. Nevertheless, I will add offers in the two texts above if posters on this board are confidant that their coaches are working a prospect hard and believe that an offer has been made.

I would imagine that every coach in the country has had "offer conversations" with Barker and Gardiner - as they have with Ayanna Patterson.

Thanks again. Here's a link to Amauri Williams home twitter site, where she announced her 10 finalists in early August. Since she announced it, would that mean her name would be bolded after schools in your second post? (Sorry for being dense...I've even been outside in nice 70-degree weather today!)

Reaction Score
Thanks again. Here's a link to Amauri Williams home twitter site, where she announced her 10 finalists in early August. Since she announced it, would that mean her name would be bolded after schools in your second post? (Sorry for being dense...I've even been outside in nice 70-degree weather today!)

Yes. My bad. I have corrected

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Stanford: Lauren Betts, Kiki Rice, Timea Gardiner, Grace Van Slooten, Shay Bolin, Maya Nnaji,
A well known Syracuse poster challenges the rest of this list proposed by another Stanford poster based on message board rumor: Londynn Jones, Carleigh Wenzel, Caroline Lau, Natalie Johnson, Jennah Isai, Yseabella Fontleroy, Indya Nivar, Christeen Iwuala, Ashlon Jackson, Zyanna Walker, Ndjekalenge Mwenentanda

This list originated from NEW, June 16 Women's Basketball Recruiting. If you look there, you'll see only the first six are purported to have offers. The list as a whole is just of players that Stanford is believed to have recruiting interest in.

Stanford generally never has offers out to more players than they have scholarships available for. There are five slots for 2022, so six is too many ... but of course these are only purported offers. One or more may not be real, or someone could even have already declined.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This list originated from NEW, June 16 Women's Basketball Recruiting. If you look there, you'll see only the first six are purported to have offers. The list as a whole is just of players that Stanford is believed to have recruiting interest in.

Stanford generally never has offers out to more players than they have scholarships available for. There are five slots for 2022, so six is too many ... but of course these are only purported offers. One or more may not be real, or someone could even have already declined.

Thank you so much for the clarification!

Reaction Score
Sorry folks I got behind at work.

1602077532274.png

Attachments

• 1602077364110.png
    1602077364110.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 131
Reaction Score
Thank You Stoli!

This ranking of 150 202 recruits is a new service to me. I have not subscribed, but there sneak peek 5 is interesting in that they are the only service not ranking Betts as no. 1

Huskies will like that they rank Brady Number One.
Ayanna Patterson 2
Janiah Barker 3
Betts 4
Timea Gardiner 5.

2022 Elite 150

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Seems as if everyone is consistent who the top 5 are but they are varied in ranking. Anyone know the last time so many post players at the top?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is a challenging name for announcers: Ndjekalenge Mwenentanda. Girl needs a nickname! ;)

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Surprised that perennial bottom feeder Wisconsin has a top 50 recruit.
I'm more surprised Wisconsin convinced a Florida kid to move that far north...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is a challenging name for announcers: Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda. Girl needs a nickname! ;)

According to a video of her saying her name the "Nd" is silent. It actually has a good flow to it. But says "some of them call her 'Jak'" [pronounced like Jahk]

Reaction Score
According to a video of her saying her name the "Nd" is silent. It actually has a good flow to it. But says "some of them call her 'Jak'" [pronounced like Jahk]

This kid gets it and has got it. Ambidextrous and loose, going to be really good.

Reaction Score
Due ti a HoopGurlz bump, Kyla Oldacre has moved into the group of three top 44 rankings. Now in at 26 in my pg 1 rankings.

Anybody know if she has any offers?

Reaction Score
Due to a HoopGurlz bump, Kyla Oldacre has moved into the group of three top 44 rankings. Now in at 26 in my pg 1 rankings.

Anybody know if she has any offers?
She's been very secretive about her offers. Good news for South Carolina fans, she did have a visit with Dawn and her team in March. She complimented them about the visit.

Reaction Score
She's been very secretive about her offers. Good news for South Carolina fans, she did have a visit with Dawn and her team in March. She complimented them about the visit.

Yes, she did visit and it appears to have been a good one. There is a quetions as to whether she has an offer because she has not announced one. The recruiting blogs and even our loose-mouthed "insiders" are silent. Furthermore, SCar already HAS offered three top-15ish BIGS in Betts, Maya Nnaji and Ashlyn Watkins. That offer list shows that Dawn is actively pursuing a big or two to take Boston's slot in the future.

So, does she, a big, have an offer? The answer is, as always: only she and the coaching staff know. Any other source is just speculation.

Reaction Score
Seems as if everyone is consistent who the top 5 are but they are varied in ranking. Anyone know the last time so many post players at the top?
The 2009 class when BG and Kelsey Bone were 1 and 2 had 10 post/forward in the top 20.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom