2022 NBA Mock Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 NBA Mock Draft

Reaction Score
I guess Keon Johnson is fair, wasn’t he a 5 star though? And he played pretty well his freshman season. Kai Jones showed flashes of being a high potential stretch 4 though, I think he will be a good player. IJ is a rim runner post defender, I think it’s tough to compare. I guess I should amend my statement though. Being athletic as a wing or a guard is not a premium, you need to be able to do more than that. Players like IJ stick around the league because they can defend the paint and get put backs, Nerlens Noel, Mitchell Robinson for example.
all of those guys were way more productive/impactful in college than AJ has been thus far

right now AJs biggest strengths are rebounding and blocking shots but those aren't things you target in a wing, unless you're an elite defender like thybulle, but AJ isn't even a good 1 v 1 defender

i'm glad he didn't go to cuse obviously but i think playing in a 2-3 would have really hid his weaknesses and exaggerated his strengths i.e. help d, rebounding, and weak side shot blocking

Reaction Score
He just needs to keep shooting them when open. The shots have been right on, they're just bouncing around the rim. If he takes the right open shots they will start falling.

Truth. Reps, reps, reps. You aren't gonna learn balance and work out the kinks without reps. Slow down and focus on form in practice, and stop thinking about it games... just let it fly.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Thybulle stayed 4 years. And needed to.

The defensive bulb could turn on for jackson then too.

Derrick Jones also got the big mle in fa.

But I agree he’s not a first round pick yet.

There’s a few pieces that can go that will depend just how high he can go.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jackson needs another year, in which he has to absolutely dominate, then he can be a first round pick.

But I think second round/undrafted is more realistic given his offensive liabilities.

Reaction Score
Jackson needs another year, in which he has to absolutely dominate, then he can be a first round pick.

But I think second round/undrafted is more realistic given his offensive liabilities.
He doesn't need to absolutely dominate, he just needs to show he has an adequate shot and can create his own shot some. His athleticism is better than 99% of players and when you couple that with his vision and open court abilities something would have to go really wrong for him to not be a first round pick after next season.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He doesn't need to absolutely dominate, he just needs to show he has an adequate shot and can create his own shot some. His athleticism is better than 99% of players and when you couple that with his vision and open court abilities something would have to go really wrong for him to not be a first round pick after next season.

Him still making the aforementioned Derrick Jones look like Steph curry would do it

Reaction Score
Andre needs to average 10 ppg next year to get drafted. He has everything else. With his improved shooting and floater package this year, there’s no reason to think he won’t be capable of 10+ ppg next year with additional improvement.
Who's to say that 10ppg this year is not reachable? There is a long season ahead and his shot has improved from last year though still awkward. AJ can possibly go if he averages 6 - 8 ppg this year. You can see in games when he makes a mistake he owns it even before he looks at the bench. Kid wants to be very good.... Or great.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He also has a very good set of basketball skills. He has good handle, great court awareness and great passing skills, on top of absolutely unreal athleticism with really good size and strength. His biggest weakness is glaring and an important one but he is a better athlete and a much better basketball player from an instinct/all around skill (obviously not including shooting) perspective than the other “athlete first” players discussed. If he can just reliably knock down open threes he can be a very very good nba role player. If he can develop any type of offensive package that obviously adds to it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm sure scouts know AJ, but they're probably waiting for him to show what he brings to the table offensively. He's not a halftime circus attraction, he's gotta fit into a role with stars on the court somehow.

Reaction Score
ESPN just did a top 100 nba prospects. No one from the good guys on there.

Before everyone loses their mind, even Kofi was like 97

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Extra
Stupid
People
Nauseating

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors