2022 NBA Mock Draft | The Boneyard

2022 NBA Mock Draft

Reaction Score
there’s a player who‘s very similar to AJ

FA61AD79-7EDD-4BA1-AAAA-E13C8463EF3B.jpeg

Reaction Score
Jackson and Hawkins are nba prospects. I would love for Sanogo to make the nba. So much is going against him but he’s improved on his defensive quickness so much just in the past several months. Maybe the 3 pointer is next.

Reaction Score
The Athletic just had their mock 3.0 and AJ and Adama don’t make the cut.
Hawkins would be in the Top 60 but there’s no indication he’s leaving.
Top 5 are Banchero, Holmgren, Smith, Duren, and Ivey

Reaction Score
there’s a player who‘s very similar to AJ

View attachment 71430

Eh, Thybulle is the best perimeter defender of a prospect to come out in god knows how long. Kid walked into the NBA as one of the top defenders in the sport and made All-Defense in only his second year. That's absurd for a perimeter player.

Reaction Score
Athletes of Jackson's caliber are hard to come by in the NBA.
But what i’m saying is that doesn’t really do much for him. The only player that I can recall thinking made the NBA based primarily on his athleticism is Derrick Jones Jr. And he went undrafted. Regardless, I don’t think Thybulle and Jackson are very similar in the first place, and that’s where this all began.

Reaction Score
But what i’m saying is that doesn’t really do much for him. The only player that I can recall thinking made the NBA based primarily on his athleticism is Derrick Jones Jr. And he went undrafted. Regardless, I don’t think Thybulle and Jackson are very similar in the first place, and that’s where this all began.
Keon Johnson, Isaiah Jackson, and Kai Jones just last year.

I agree with you, I don't think Thybulle and Jackson are all that similar.

Reaction Score
Andre needs to average 10 ppg next year to get drafted. He has everything else. With his improved shooting and floater package this year, there’s no reason to think he won’t be capable of 10+ ppg next year with additional improvement.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Andre needs to average 10 ppg next year to get drafted. He has everything else. With his improved shooting and floater package this year, there’s no reason to think he won’t be capable of 10+ ppg next year with additional improvement.
He’s still shooting that slow set shot. I wouldn’t call it improved.

Reaction Score
It still doesn’t look pretty, and isn’t reliable, but last year more shots were hitting off the side of the backboard than going in the hoop. Slow progress is better than no progress.

Reaction Score

I don't care if it's slow, or if it's set. Tons of great shooters shoot a set shot, and his %s are gonna be much higher if he's slow. The issue is clearly that he has terrible lower body mechanics and grips the ball from the front with his off hand. He just has no rhythm between his feet and his hands.

It does look BETTER than last year--I think his set point is a little smoother. Right now he's at 30% from 3 on 1.2 attempts per game. If he can finish the season in the 28-32% range on a couple attempts per game, I think we can be pretty excited about his shooting development. That would be a HUGE improvement.

Reaction Score
I don't care if it's slow, or if it's set. Tons of great shooters shoot a set shot, and his %s are gonna be much higher if he's slow. The issue is clearly that he has terrible lower body mechanics and grips the ball from the front with his off hand. He just has no rhythm between his feet and his hands.

It does look BETTER than last year--I think his set point is a little smoother. Right now he's at 30% from 3 on 1.2 attempts per game. If he can finish the season in the 28-32% range on a couple attempts per game, I think we can be pretty excited about his shooting development. That would be a HUGE improvement.
He just needs to keep shooting them when open. The shots have been right on, they're just bouncing around the rim. If he takes the right open shots they will start falling.

Reaction Score
Keon Johnson, Isaiah Jackson, and Kai Jones just last year.

I agree with you, I don't think Thybulle and Jackson are all that similar.
I guess Keon Johnson is fair, wasn’t he a 5 star though? And he played pretty well his freshman season. Kai Jones showed flashes of being a high potential stretch 4 though, I think he will be a good player. IJ is a rim runner post defender, I think it’s tough to compare. I guess I should amend my statement though. Being athletic as a wing or a guard is not a premium, you need to be able to do more than that. Players like IJ stick around the league because they can defend the paint and get put backs, Nerlens Noel, Mitchell Robinson for example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom