2022 Men’s Hockey East Championship Game: UConn v. #11/12 UMass > Saturday 3/19/22 @ 7p @TD Garden-Boston on NESN | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Men’s Hockey East Championship Game: UConn v. #11/12 UMass > Saturday 3/19/22 @ 7p @TD Garden-Boston on NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope this is the start of a true rise for this program. UMass started its current run with an ot loss in the semis. Maybe this starts the run.
A very gracious Umass fan said the same thing to us at the end of the game. He said 2 years ago we were in the same position as UConn is now. Said we will get there. Thought it was nice of him to say.

Reaction Score
The underclass men got to experience the big stage this weekend. They now know what it takes. Let’s hope this is the true launching off point. Last night was the most fun I ever had at a loss. Was a great experience regardless of the outcome

Reaction Score

-> Even though UConn didn’t return to Storrs with a trophy, it still made plenty of history this year. With a final record of 20-16-0 (and 14-10-0 in conference play), the Huskies secured their first winning season since 2013-14, recorded their third 20-win season ever and their most wins in Hockey East.

UConn also accomplished a series of firsts — first playoff win, first trip to TD Garden, first win at Boston College and first time beating every team in the league at least once. Along with all of those, the Huskies placed fourth in the Hockey East standings — tying their highest finish — and were ranked in the USCHO Poll twice after cracking the top 20 just just once previously. <-

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We’ve got a great group here at the hockey board. Always adds a lot of info and fun to the season. Thanks everyone…See you all over at the baseball board! As always, thanks to @huskymedic for his hard work and leadership.

Reaction Score
Got home and of course watched the replay of the game.
Five minutes left in the third, a 3 on 2 ends with Kinal shooting just wide of the net. The UMass goalie never got his pad down on the ice. If that shot was six inches closer to the net UConn takes the lead with five left.
Ouch.

Reaction Score
Better team pulled it out but hell of an experience to take in a HE playoff game up there. Cant wait to be back.
And very impressive UMass fan turnout I’d say 2 to 1 or even 3 to 1 advantage. Although don’t forget this sport for them is like our UConn hoops.
We will get there. The icebus was loud when we were able to be

Reaction Score
We’ve got a great group here at the hockey board. Always adds a lot of info and fun to the season. Thanks everyone…See you all over at the baseball board! As always, thanks to @huskymedic for his hard work and leadership.
Yes thanks to Huskymedic too! Will we ever meet you??? We expect you at Vaughn's next year.

Reaction Score
And I’m tired of painful OT losses in deciding games. Whalers two times against the canadiens in game 7 overtimes and now last night.
Hockey gods are cruel to us CT folk.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
And I’m tired of painful OT losses in deciding games. Whalers two times against the canadiens in game 7 overtimes and now last night.
Hockey gods are cruel to us CT folk.
First thing I thought of last night.

Reaction Score
A very gracious Umass fan said the same thing to us at the end of the game. He said 2 years ago we were in the same position as UConn is now. Said we will get there. Thought it was nice of him to say.
Speaking of gracious................................representing your university on the sidelines.........Hurley or Cavanaugh?

Reaction Score
24 hours later and still so many mixed feelings about the final wonderful run our boys made in the HE Tournament.
No doubt that Umass was a bit better than we were Saturday. But no doubt they were a bit luckier than we were too. If Kinal’s shot with 5 minutes left had been a puck’s width to the left we would have been protecting a 1goal lead in the home stretch. The deflection off Kondelik on the game winner was also a bit of bad luck. Give Umass credit though,that squirt Trevigno made a great pass to set up the shot. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. I hope they do well in the NCAAs…
I think Hanson was the goalie of the tournament and should have made the all tourney team. Murray didn’t have to do much down the stretch, while Darion kept us in the game big time.
Thanks to Cav and the team, especially the seniors, for taking us on a great ride.
Can’t wait to start over next year, with this experience under our belt, a new arena on the horizon and a lot of good talent to work with UConn Hockey is on its way!!!
Reading this board has taken up a lot of my time. Maybe now I’ll get the deck power washed and the house painted…….

Reaction Score

Seemed way higher than that. Way more than double compared to Friday. Arena did fill in later in the game and really the 4 upper corner sections were really the only ones somewhat empty.

Don’t want to de-rail and it’s gonna, but I’m pissed new arena is gonna be 2,600 w/ 3000 SRO total

Should have built 3,600 w/ 4000 SRO total

Huge miss on potential revenue.
Each seat is gonna have a seat donation, and why cut your nose to spite your face and only get 2,600 seat donations?

Reaction Score
A gracious UMass fan? Not to paint everyone with the same brush but my experience with a UMass fan was far from gracious... Funny story if anyone is interested in Karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom