2022 Men’s Hockey East Championship Game: UConn v. #11/12 UMass > Saturday 3/19/22 @ 7p @TD Garden-Boston on NESN | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2022 Men’s Hockey East Championship Game: UConn v. #11/12 UMass > Saturday 3/19/22 @ 7p @TD Garden-Boston on NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A gracious UMass fan? Not to paint everyone with the same brush but my experience with a UMass fan was far from gracious... Funny story if anyone is interested in Karma.

Let's hear it.

Reaction Score
Let's hear it.
Well, I was sitting in my seat, minding my own business, looking around taking everything in when a UMass fan is shuffling to her seat in front of me, she gets in front of me, pauses and stands in front of me blocking my view. I assume she sees my UConn hoodie. I look up at her, she has the McKayla Maroney expression and and starts shaking her head. Then her boyfriend says to her : "Don't be an A**hole." At least he apologized. So the Karma part, during the second intermission, she was double fisting two beers and shuffling again, this time two rows in front of me, i believe not to bother the people at the end of the isle. So, she goes to step over a seat to get to her row and she looses her footing and clam shells down on her butt as the beer goes flying, all over herself. I admit, I laughed inside. She was ok.
Then a few minutes later, again, I did not engage or react at all to her, she yells over "UConn sucks... I know you can hear me"
I get every fandom has their share of jerks and I have done my share of hooting and hollering but I have never cheered an injury. That's just rude and poor sportsmanship and it was, from my perspective basically all of the UMass fans.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, I was sitting in my seat, minding my own business, looking around taking everything in when a UMass fan is shuffling to her seat in front of me, she gets in front of me, pauses and stands in front of me blocking my view. I assume she sees my UConn hoodie. I look up at her, she has the McKayla Maroney expression and and starts shaking her head. Then her boyfriend says to her : "Don't be an A**hole." At least he apologized. So the Karma part, during the second intermission, she was double fisting two beers and shuffling again, this time two rows in front of me, i believe not to bother the people at the end of the isle. So, she goes to step over a seat to get to her row and she looses her footing and clam shells down on her butt as the beer goes flying, all over herself. I admit, I laughed inside. She was ok.
Then a few minutes later, again, I did not engage or react at all to her, she yells over "UConn sucks... I know you can hear me"
I get every fandom has their share of jerks and I have done my share of hooting and hollering but I have never cheered an injury. That's just rude and poor sportsmanship and it was, from my perspective basically all of the UMass fans.

Is this her? What a waste of 2 $20.00 beers. Lol.

elephant falling GIF

Reaction Score
24 hours later and still so many mixed feelings about the final wonderful run our boys made in the HE Tournament.
No doubt that Umass was a bit better than we were Saturday. But no doubt they were a bit luckier than we were too. If Kinal’s shot with 5 minutes left had been a puck’s width to the left we would have been protecting a 1goal lead in the home stretch. The deflection off Kondelik on the game winner was also a bit of bad luck. Give Umass credit though,that squirt Trevigno made a great pass to set up the shot. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. I hope they do well in the NCAAs…
I think Hanson was the goalie of the tournament and should have made the all tourney team. Murray didn’t have to do much down the stretch, while Darion kept us in the game big time.
Thanks to Cav and the team, especially the seniors, for taking us on a great ride.
Can’t wait to start over next year, with this experience under our belt, a new arena on the horizon and a lot of good talent to work with UConn Hockey is on its way!!!
Reading this board has taken up a lot of my time. Maybe now I’ll get the deck power washed and the house painted…….

Yep folks may not want to look at a replay of that Kinal shot and how close it was to giving us the lead and in all likelihood the HE championship. Still having nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom