2022 guard KK Bransford announces top-12 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 guard KK Bransford announces top-12

Reaction Score
You have to give McGuff credit for going to the championship game this past season in the Big 10. But he should do a better job with getting kids from Ohio. But it's not always easy. Maryland do not get a lot of kids from Maryland. They missed out on good players like Bella Alarie, Jackie Brown-Turner and Saylor Poffenberger. And i didn't even mention poor Virginia. Virginia rarely gets the top players in their state.
As long as they miss out on that 1 upcoming generational player ill be fine .

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Unless "the player to be named later" has moved, she from Virginia. Arlington I believe.
I've seen Azzi listed from both Arlington and Falls Church. The Falls Church zip codes spill over considerably into Arlington County and Fairfax County, so it's possible her home is in Arlington. She's definitely in Virginia and not Maryland. Her school is in D.C., but not far from the Maryland border.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You have to give McGuff credit for going to the championship game this past season in the Big 10. But he should do a better job with getting kids from Ohio. But it's not always easy. Maryland do not get a lot of kids from Maryland. They missed out on good players like Bella Alarie, Jackie Brown-Turner and Saylor Poffenberger. And i didn't even mention poor Virginia. Virginia rarely gets the top players in their state.
You overlooked Mir McLean....;)

Reaction Score
You overlooked Mir McLean....;)
Sort of not fair. Maryland has signed only one player from Connecticut. I know of three off the top of my head that UConn has signed from Maryland. Boykins, McLean and Poffenbarger. Head bang

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sort of not fair. Maryland has signed only one player from Connecticut. I know of three off the top of my head that UConn has signed from Maryland. Boykins, McLean and Poffenbarger. Head bang
It’s hard to count Boykins since she never actually suited up for UConn.....:(

Reaction Score
I've seen Azzi listed from both Arlington and Falls Church. The Falls Church zip codes spill over considerably into Arlington County and Fairfax County, so it's possible her home is in Arlington. She's definitely in Virginia and not Maryland. Her school is in D.C., but not far from the Maryland border.
Come on Milford with the nine times you have seen her thought you would know exactly know where she lived:D:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Come on Milford with the nine times you have seen her thought you would know exactly know where she lived:D:rolleyes:
She’s a teenage girl. I don’t want to stalk her, though I know the gym where she works out.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You have to give McGuff credit for going to the championship game this past season in the Big 10. But he should do a better job with getting kids from Ohio. But it's not always easy. Maryland do not get a lot of kids from Maryland. They missed out on good players like Bella Alarie, Jakia Brown-Turner and Saylor Poffenberger. And i didn't even mention poor Virginia. Virginia rarely gets the top players in their state.

The team definitely overachieved in the Big Ten tournament, which was surprising. But when he's the highest paid Big Ten coach (almost 300,000 more than his predecessor Foster's base salary) and one of the identified reasons Foster was let go was because of his failures in in-state recruiting [and lack of post season success] and he hasn't proven to be better at either.

Foster missed out on some top Ohio high school players, who had varying levels of success in college (Top 20 players in high school Shay Selby, Amber Gray, Cierra Bravard [all-ACC], Natasha Howard [finished 6th in the NCAA for field goal %], Malina Howard, Samarie Walker) So far McGuff has had less success with in-State recruiting (some Top 100 players and bolded top 20 such as Zia Cooke, Jordan Horston, Kathryn and Maddie Westbeld, Valencia Myers, Taylor Mikesell, Naz Hillman, Abby Prohaska, Bree Hall, Leila Phelia, Sakima Walker, Shyanne Sellers) and now isn't on KK's top 12 and have zero top 100 recruits in 2021. I know every person has their own reasons for not going to Ohio State (Cooke wanted to play for Dawn, Leila and Naz may be from UM Families, Academics are more important) Also, somewhere in there someone missed out on Columbus Northland's Alexis Peterson in 2013. But I'd say not making the top 12 for a top in-state player is worse than making the top 3 and losing out. Especially if you can't keep your top recruits for more than two seasons (Crooms, Bell, McCoy, Lewis | Pugh, Caretti, Ekhelar, Satterfield, Wone weren't big losses but when you're short on players). McGuff just isn't trending the correct direction with recruits, which doesn't help with his "coaching".

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Year after year, Ohio churns out some really good talent. Girl's high school basketball must be really high level up there because our coaches can't get enough of the Midwest... we recruit Ohio, Indiana and Illinois like it's our backyard... not as hard as we recruit Georgia, Florida or North Carolina, but I would argue the Midwest is right below those states for us.

I remember the day Jensen Caretti chose Ohio State over SC and being so disappointed because I thought she really had potential to be an elite player in college. But I know of the injury and her home life as well. It's sad, a player like her didn't reach her potential at all.. she was very talented. I continued rooting for her even after she made her decision to go to tOSU.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That might be true if triad was not a Duke fan. He brings bad luck to them and any chance they have to get more than one elite recruit per class.:p

Not sure if you were aware... but I do happen to have a old UCONN cap in storage... I'll be more than willing to break it out for the upcoming women's bb season;):cool::p:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hell. You've feasted on that stuff since your new coach was announced.

33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
Haven't had a cupcake in several months.... chicken wings are a different story though :oops:

Reaction Score
Not sure if you were aware... but I do happen to have a old UCONN cap in storage... I'll be more than willing to break it out for the upcoming women's bb season;):cool::p:eek::eek::eek::eek:
View attachment 58772 View attachment 58772 View attachment 58772 View attachment 58772 View attachment 58772 Haven't had a cupcake in several months.... chicken wings are a different story though :oops:
Me too.

1600308592446.png

When my son was a little kid I took him to a UConn game at the Civic (XL) Center. He wore a hat he had just gotten signed by Travis Knight at a Bob's Clothing Store signing event. We were having lunch in a Civic Center restaurant which overlooked the street, across from the J.P. Morgan Hotel where the team would stay overnight before a Hartford home game (remember the $300 orange juice scandal?).

We looked out and saw the team get on the bus and drive across the street, and start to get off right in front of us. So he took his hat and a pen, and went out and stood at the bus door and got every single team member's autograph, including Geno's. 1997-98 team, with Shea, Svetlana, Schuey, Nykesha, Rita Williams, Paige Sauer, etc, etc.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, I'm a little late to this thread.
Will add a link to a short Instagram interview that focuses on where other hoops friends of her are going and/or would she be interested in playing with. Lots of folks mentioned, from ND verbals Citron and Miles to Kiki Rice and Lauren Betts. Kudos to k_ter for supplying this interview over at the Bench.

This was brought up on the thread, but I think a number of teams are waiting to hear the decision of "she who does not need to be named" before going great guns on '22. In ND's case, they have commitments from Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron and have a number of other guards. However, if that's it for 2021, I have a gut they'll push hard on KK, who they know very well, from recruiting other Ohio players (Abby Prohaska, Maddy Westbeld).

I like her aggressiveness in the lane and she' s very athletic. Would match up well with Miles and Citron. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Will add a link to a short Instagram interview that focuses on where other hoops friends of her are going and/or would she be interested in playing with. Lots of folks mentioned, from ND verbals Citron and Miles to Kiki Rice and Lauren Betts. Kudos to k_ter for supplying this interview over at the Bench.

This was brought up on the thread, but I think a number of teams are waiting to hear the decision of "she who does not need to be named" before going great guns on '22. In ND's case, they have commitments from Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron and have a number of other guards. However, if that's it for 2021, I have a gut they'll push hard on KK, who they know very well, from recruiting other Ohio players (Abby Prohaska, Maddy Westbeld).

I like her aggressiveness in the lane and she' s very athletic. Would match up well with Miles and Citron. Stay tuned.

Good to see you back from your summer vacation.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame still has a women's basketball team?:D

Reaction Score
My Browser Guard block the website due to a malware reputation. Just be careful while there.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Notre Dame still has a women's basketball team?:D

Nah...six of them are in the WNBA Playoffs ;) :rolleyes: (although Sky and Bri got knocked out last night by the Lynx, with Crystal and Napheesa.)

Here's the five frosh, who are posing by the pool in front of the library before a football game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom