2022 Fall Training Camp | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2022 Fall Training Camp

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No worries Chin. Your just having flashbacks to 2021. It will pass LoL

I still think it's a rorschbach video and it can be viewed as a tipped ball by DB and TD for WR.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Matt mentioned alot position group info in the recap above and one big add to the 1's, from the IL today:

And interesting that Lundt took reps at RT when Guidone moved to C. No Fortin at RT with the 1's. Could be they were just giving Fortin some rest.

Mora has mentioned Lundt recovering from injury several times as a work in progress but it does seem to me Mora likes what a healthy Lundt can do.

Reaction Score
And interesting that Lundt took reps at RT when Guidone moved to C. No Fortin at RT with the 1's. Could be they were just giving Fortin some rest.

Mora has mentioned Lundt recovering from injury several times as a work in progress but it does seem to me Mora likes what a healthy Lundt can do.
True, MATT from TIUC gives a good break down of this and OL depth, etc. Plus speaks to depth at all position groups on his 30 min+ audio below, so it's a great listen, for those who haven't.

Summary is they brought Gudione back yesterday at G (and later C) while keeping Fortin at C, later G, but Mora wants to have a few OL being able to play multiple inside positions with the 1's. Also mentioned Lundt pretty much went all the way with 1's yesterday at RT and touched on his injury status and discussed a seem change in easing him back. He also touched on some problems on snaps yesterday that effected the QB's, Matt didn't mention which C it was with. ( but with Guidone just back after being out....? )

AUDIO Link-
https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1dRKZldddXmJB

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
True, MATT from TIUC gives a good break down of this and OL depth, etc. Plus speaks to depth at all position groups on his 30 min+ audio below, so it's a great listen, for those who haven't.

Summary is they brought Gudione back yesterday at G (and later C) while keeping Fortin at C, later G, but Mora wants to have a few OL being able to play multiple inside positions with the 1's. Also mentioned Lundt pretty much went all the way with 1's yesterday at RT and touched on his injury status and discussed a seem change in easing him back. He also touched on some problems on snaps yesterday that effected the QB's, Matt didn't mention which C it was with. ( but with Guidone just back after being out....? )

AUDIO Link-

Yeah, I was trying to correctly summarize what I heard on the podcast. I like the idea of being able to move the G's and C around as interior linemen.

From what I read, if either starting G gets injured it's likely Guidone moves to G, Fortin moves to C and Lundt comes in at RT.

Not sure if I like three moves due to one injury but I trust this staff's judgement until they show its fair game to challenge their judgement.

And yes, my heart sunk and BP slightly raised along with a decisive sigh when I heard the part about the bad snap. It's such a fundamental part of getting a play right and there's such a low probability of having a good play off a bad snap. <Sighs again while typing this>

Reaction Score
And yes, my heart sunk and BP slightly raised along with a decisive sigh when I heard the part about the bad snap. It's such a fundamental part of getting a play right and there's such a low probability of having a good play off a bad snap. <Sighs again while typing this>
True, that's why I'm glad they're getting Guidone as many reps as possible at C before the start of the season. From all I've read he was FCS-AA at LG for Dartmouth, and even played some TE, but C is a completely new position for him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I don't remember hearing this quote from all of the media yesterday, but am I reading this as a warning to the two G's who have been working with the 1's so far (Haynes and Ofori-Nyadu)?

“You’d like to have two centers that you can really depend on,” Mora said. “You’d always like to have your two best players in there and Jake is a good guard. Right now, we’re trying to figure out the formula inside.”

I'm always one to read as much as possible in to coachspeak during camps. Specifically saying Jake is a good guard, unless Mora plans on starting three guards, it sounds like a possible message being sent. Combined with Mora explicitly mentioning Lundt a few times could mean a line with Senn at LT, Guidone at one of the guards, Fortin at center and a healthy Lundt at RT.

Can't wait for actual games and game film to move beyond the coach speak.

Reaction Score

AUDIO Link-
I could be mistaken but I believe he said there were some missed snaps and then Guidone came into center. Not 100% I heard that, but pretty sure.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Lundt started the year off getting blown away and the coaching staff did very little to help him out. By about the 6th game, he was holding his own and by the time he got hurt, he was playing pretty well as the game seemed to slow down for him. He has lots of potential and am glad to see the staff recognize that as well.

As for Guidone at LG and Fortin at C, that works for me. Haynes is a good RG. Fortin had a big learning curve at C last year as well and hopefully Sammis and film work has helped his efficiency. To me, he is a throwback to some of the linemen we had years ago - his tape reminds me mostly of Moe Petrus.

Most coaches like linemen who can play multiple positions. Versatility is huge for playing time but also allows your best players to stay on the field.

Reaction Score
Lundt started the year off getting blown away and the coaching staff did very little to help him out. By about the 6th game, he was holding his own and by the time he got hurt, he was playing pretty well as the game seemed to slow down for him. He has lots of potential and am glad to see the staff recognize that as well.

As for Guidone at LG and Fortin at C, that works for me. Haynes is a good RG. Fortin had a big learning curve at C last year as well and hopefully Sammis and film work has helped his efficiency. To me, he is a throwback to some of the linemen we had years ago - his tape reminds me mostly of Moe Petrus.

Most coaches like linemen who can play multiple positions. Versatility is huge for playing time but also allows your best players to stay on the field.
This is the most important group (my opinion) this year... We get this right, there's a good shot at 6 wins this season.. my two cents....

Reaction Score
I don't remember hearing this quote from all of the media yesterday, but am I reading this as a warning to the two G's who have been working with the 1's so far (Haynes and Ofori-Nyadu)?

“You’d like to have two centers that you can really depend on,” Mora said. “You’d always like to have your two best players in there and Jake is a good guard. Right now, we’re trying to figure out the formula inside.”

I'm always one to read as much as possible in to coachspeak during camps. Specifically saying Jake is a good guard, unless Mora plans on starting three guards, it sounds like a possible message being sent. Combined with Mora explicitly mentioning Lundt a few times could mean a line with Senn at LT, Guidone at one of the guards, Fortin at center and a healthy Lundt at RT.

Can't wait for actual games and game film to move beyond the coach speak.
I think he was talking about the second team line up, because Guidone is still returning from injury and ran with the 2s at guard till the bad snap and went in at center with the 1s and you have Walker at center still getting reps with the 2s, Walker was getting reps with the 1s with Jake hurt and then Fortin moved over to center with the 1s and Lundt back at tackle. I wonder if he’s referring the two centers as fortin and Guidone and if a G or anyone gets hurt, you can be flexible to plug in Jake in at guard and fortin at center or if a tackle get hurts you get Fortin in at tackle. Reports have been saying the guards and LT has been consistent, with Nyadu, Haynes and Senn getting all the 1s rep.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom