2022 Commit Isuneh "Ice" Brady About Why | The Boneyard

2022 Commit Isuneh "Ice" Brady About Why

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nothing we have not heard before on why commit to UConn, but she did it so early.

"All along, UConn had been on her radar when her dad first showed her a UConn game. The Huskies were then led by four-time national champions Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, and Moriah Jefferson, and watching those three was enough to pique her curiosity and kickstart a dream that would eventually turn into a reality. "

"While she made her college decision early by most standards, Brady felt confident in her choice following her November visit to Storrs. She wanted to see the campus, what an average practice was like and what Auriemma was all about to see whether that all aligned with what she envisions for herself."

“Watching the way coach interacts with the players and how hard the players are going, it’s consistently nonstop,” Brady said. "Just intense, intense practice, start to finish, no letup, just consistency.”

Reaction Score
As excited and enamored with Paige as anyone. Yet the hoopla sometimes makes this old-school geezer a tad nervous. Freely admit that the odds are I’ll be proven wrong. Especially recalling one of the great Geno quotes: “We don’t recruit dopes.” And this article about Ice Brady seems to confirm the above. Methinks we be gettin’ a gem.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This is the quote that got my attention: "Unlike virtually every other high schooler or recruit, Brady is entirely off of social media. Her club coach was actually the one who first tweeted out Brady’s commitment to UConn in December". Clearly unlike some, she doesn't indulge in, nor does she need, the minute by minute approbation of her peers to validate her existence. Clearly she understands, as Geno has said, "People on social media don't care what you say. They only care about what you think about what they say." This is my kind of kid!

The second thing she said that was so interesting was: “Watching how he challenges the players and makes them think differently and just really pushes them [is what stood out],” she said. Or as Charlie Collier said when she visited Storrs, "They just do things different there"

Reaction Score
This is the quote that got my attention: "Unlike virtually every other high schooler or recruit, Brady is entirely off of social media. Her club coach was actually the one who first tweeted out Brady’s commitment to UConn in December". Clearly unlike some, she doesn't indulge in, nor does she need, the minute by minute approbation of her peers to validate her existence. Clearly she understands, as Geno has said, "People on social media don't care what you say. They only care about what you think about what they say." This is my kind of kid!

The second thing she said that was so interesting was: “Watching how he challenges the players and makes them think differently and just really pushes them [is what stood out],” she said. Or as Charlie Collier said when she visited Storrs, "They just do things different there"

Reaction Score

rule #23 - Don't use Charlie Collier or Aliyah Boston quotes when discussing why UConn is so enticing............. :rolleyes: .

Reaction Score

Perhaps as much or more than Paige, this will be a players others want as their teammate.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Funny story. So Breeya Cunningham (a 6'5" freshman powerhouse from La Jolla County Day) is a real rival for Ice, as Breeya's school is in the same conference.

Breeya is on social media and when her team would play Ice's team, any time Breeya's family got a picture of her blocking Ice, Breeya would post it on social media complete with smack talk. Ice had no clue about it until sometimes days later when her teammates would tell her.

By the way I got that story from Ice's grandmother. Also I mentioned it in the commitment thread - Ice was all UCONN right from day 1. She idolized Tuck, Stewart and Charles, and UCONN was her dream school. Not sure if there was even a specific team in "2nd place" among her choices.

Random side note - Maya Nnaji (on Paige Buecker's high school team) is another standout center. I'd love for UCONN to recruit both Nnaji and Cunningham. Both of them will be superstars in college. IMHO Cunningham is a slightly better prospect than Nnaji...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Catching up with Isuneh Brady, a couple snippets:

What are your strengths as a player?

As a player, I think my strengths are my versatility and footwork. I'm able to be effective inside and outside the paint. My ability to shoot the 3, attack the basket, post up, or pull up for the mid-range jumper make me hard to defend.

Who has had the most influence on you as player up until now?

My dad and Coach Knight have definitely had the biggest influence on me growing up. They have helped guide me into the player and person I am today. Beside them teaching me everything, I model my game after players like Alyssa Thomas, Breanna Stewart, and Morgan Tuck. The way they play has had a big influence on who I am as a player.

Reaction Score
Glad that Ice is still has access to a basketball hoop at her home and is able to work on her game during the quarantine. Thank you for posting this article @ Sluconn Husky.

How have you been handling the quarantine/ what have you been doing to keep up your skills?

I've been making sure I’m still getting my work in. Shooting, ball handling, and conditioning are all things I've been continuing to improve on while still staying at home.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hey guys, missed a few of the best quotes. :D

What is your favorite subject in school and why?

My favorite subject in school is math because numbers come easy to me for the most part.

and if that does not prove how smart she is, this does :D

If you could play one one against anyone past or present who would it be and why?

If I could play anyone 1v1, I would choose Breanna Stewart because I've always admired her game. I would love to see what it's like guarding and trying to score on one of the best female players ever.

Reaction Score
If I could play anyone 1v1, I would choose Breanna Stewart because I've always admired her game. I would love to see what it's like guarding and trying to score on one of the best female players ever.

Fixed it for her...;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom