2022 Blue-Gray Softball Game | The Boneyard

2022 Blue-Gray Softball Game

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Looks like fun!

(Though as I’m watching them jumping around celebrating, I’m also cringing as I recall Kendrys Morales breaking his leg celebrating a walk-off grand slam years ago)

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Shoulda challenged the women’s softball team.

I used to love watching Jennie Finch strike out the major leaguers. To be honest I loved watching her do anything…

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Players are having fun is the most important thing. Great for bonding.

Young made them pay for getting picked last.

Reaction Score
Guess you haven’t hit a softball lately.
Actually, I played today. I am in an old man's league and still play. I am more glove than bat but can still hit the ball 220 feet. That isn't much. The question is did you ever play softball or baseball? Mine was a tongue in cheek comment about lack of power. They are playing slow pitch in a fast pitch stadium with dimensions of 200 to 220 feet. Normal slow pitch softball fields are at least 275 but some are 300 feet. Hitting a ball 220 feet is just a lazy fly in a normal field but a homer at the Woman's field in Storrs.

The basketball player's lack of hitting skills has no correlation to their basketball skills so it doesn't really matter. This was a bonding exercise. But back in my day, athletes played at least 2 sports. Baseball and basketball were very common. Randy Lavigne grew up in my neighborhood and was good at both. He made it to AAA for the Cubs. I'm sure he would laugh at the 220 feet. Scott Burrell as well.

Reaction Score
Guess you haven’t hit a softball lately.
Any guy who plays baseball from high school and older can easily hit a HR over a 220' fence with a softball. The reason I know that is my son was playing a pick up game of softball on the softball field at his college this past spring with a bunch of guys just goofing around. He said he and a couple other guys who all played baseball in high school were hitting them pretty easily. But I'm sure none of the basketball players at UConn played baseball in high school so it would definitely be harder for them.

Reaction Score
Any guy who plays baseball from high school and older can easily hit a HR over a 220' fence with a softball. The reason I know that is my son was playing a pick up game of softball on the softball field at his college this past spring with a bunch of guys just goofing around. He said he and a couple other guys who all played baseball in high school were hitting them pretty easily. But I'm sure none of the basketball players at UConn played baseball in high school so it would definitely be harder for them.
Imagine a 7’2” pitcher on the mound?

Attachments

• 6766CFBC-92EA-4191-AD0B-C055F081BFAE.jpeg
    6766CFBC-92EA-4191-AD0B-C055F081BFAE.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 153
Reaction Score
Actually, I played today. I am in an old man's league and still play. I am more glove than bat but can still hit the ball 220 feet. That isn't much. The question is did you ever play softball or baseball? Mine was a tongue in cheek comment about lack of power. They are playing slow pitch in a fast pitch stadium with dimensions of 200 to 220 feet. Normal slow pitch softball fields are at least 275 but some are 300 feet. Hitting a ball 220 feet is just a lazy fly in a normal field but a homer at the Woman's field in Storrs.

The basketball player's lack of hitting skills has no correlation to their basketball skills so it doesn't really matter. This was a bonding exercise. But back in my day, athletes played at least 2 sports. Baseball and basketball were very common. Randy Lavigne grew up in my neighborhood and was good at both. He made it to AAA for the Cubs. I'm sure he would laugh at the 220 feet. Scott Burrell as well.
Does anyone Remember the Sikorsky National industrial league Champs in the late 60’s early 70’s .
I saw them in a Big Softball Tournament at Ryan Field in Derby with teams from all over New England. A big Sikorsky right hand Hitter hit an opposite field HR on to or maybe even over the Field House . I played with some big hitters and had decent power myself but that had to be 300 + to the opposite side with a softball. I didn’t have that opposite field power with a baseball
I’m still in awe.
I think they hit 3
or 4 HRS in that inning.
That team was in another universe

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Should have been a lot more HRs on a field that is 220 to Center.
I know right? If you can’t hit a homer out of a softball park, how can you possibly hit a deep three?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom