2022 Big East NBA Draft Prospects | The Boneyard

2022 Big East NBA Draft Prospects

Reaction Score
League has a chance at multiple 1st Rd picks and UConn with a handful of eventual pros on the roster.

Reaction Score
IMO Sanogo isn't going to go first round barring a huge increase in his athleticism.

Andre if he can shoot is an obvious candidate. Basically same with Akok.

IMO The prime candidate for our next draft prospect is Hawkins. Prototypical height, athleticism, with a valuable skillset. with his effeciency, he won't need to score 20 a game to get drafted. Just shoot 40% from deep on 12ppg or something. That's a huge task... but not nearly what the others will have to do.

Reaction Score
Adama Sanogo (UConn – So. — 2021 All-Big East Rookie Team)
Sanogo was the last player added to UConn’s 2020-2021 roster though Dan Hurley certainly made sure to integrate the 6’8” big man in as a key offensive weapon for the Huskies. Evaluators like Gribanov see Sanogo as “a big body rebounder” though it’s his offensive efficiency that makes him a prime candidate to climb draft boards. When Sanogo is on the court, he can dominate the glass on both ends of the floor, evinced by finishing in the Big East’s top 10 both offensive (7th) and defensive (1st) rebounding percentage. At 6’9” 240, Sanogo occupies a ton of space on the interior and defends the basket with the league’s best, swatting 6.8% of every shot opportunity, per KenPom, which was third-best in the league. A scan across mock drafts shows the Mali native coming in at the end of the first round, per NBADraft.net.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
IMO Sanogo isn't going to go first round barring a huge increase in his athleticism.

IMO The prime candidate for our next draft prospect is Hawkins. Prototypical height, athleticism, with a valuable skillset. with his effeciency, he won't need to score 20 a game to get drafted. Just shoot 40% from deep on 12ppg or something. That's a huge task... but not nearly what the others will have to do.
If Sengun has a good season for Houston it could open up late first/second round opportunities for him, if he plays lights out. But agreed his skillset is generally not long for the NBA.

Reaction Score

Disagree. I think Sanogo makes Perfect sense, NBA going heavy spacing favoring smaller/quicker guys opened up space for guys like Sabonis, Randle, Zion to be big factors in the NBA, I think AS is similar, remember those guys didn’t really have too much of an outside game in college either

Reaction Score
Disagree. I think Sanogo makes Perfect sense, NBA going heavy spacing favoring smaller/quicker guys opened up space for guys like Sabonis, Randle, Zion to be big factors in the NBA, I think AS is similar, remember those guys didn’t really have too much of an outside game in college either

I just don't see how Sanogo defends anyone in the league. This next season will probably determine his chances. Hopefully he's putting in the work.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson (UConn – So.)

Jackson is a trendy breakout candidate for 2022 considering the Albany native was the second-highest rated freshman in the league last season, trailing behind Marquette’s Dawson Garcia per 247 Sports. Jackson’s athleticism is undeniable and the UConn staff raves about his leadership and work ethic, but Jackson’s shooting stroke in where the issue lies and overcoming a 12% 3-PT (2-17) would be a testament to his work this summer. In fairness to Jackson, a season marked by a wrist injury and multiple COVID interruptions is an incomplete—and unfair—lens to evaluate one of the nation’s most tantalizing raw talents.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Come on man. The people you named are elite athletes or elite shooters. AS isn't close to either right now.

Reaction Score
Come on man. The people you named are elite athletes or elite shooters. AS isn't close to either right now.
Same player type, look at Sabonis or Randle’s freshmen years, efficiency numbers similar to sanogos, Sanogo has better D efficiency numbers too, not saying sanogo will be THAT good, but he’s a player in that same sort of mold and represents best-case player comparisons

Reaction Score
Same player type, look at Sabonis or Randle’s freshmen years, efficiency numbers similar to sanogos, Sanogo has better D efficiency numbers too, not saying sanogo will be THAT good, but he’s a player in that same sort of mold and represents best-case player comparisons
what are you talking about?? sanogo is not on the same planet as zion athletically and sabonis is the second best passing center in the league after jokic.

randle in college isnt a terrible comp but don’t forget he led UK to the chip game. he's also more athletic and has become a much better shooter and passer.

sanogo is very 2 dimensional right now ie score on the block and rebound. i think the best comp is a smaller enes kanter or kofi cockburn who didn’t get drafted after his sophomore year

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I hope your not indicating Hawkins #'s and NBA draft potential is for this year? He is very talented offensively, his handle could be better and we have not seen his defensive ability at the college level yet. Do I think he has NBA talent, yes but not this year. Akok if healthy could be NBA worthy this year. But we are getting a pipeline of players that have that kind of potential in the near future.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is a fringe NBA player. Doesn’t have the quick enough feet to play defense and doesn’t have length. Whaley I can see making it as a backup center. Akok, Jackson have potential to be very good but it’s only potential right now.

Reaction Score
Julius Randle was the #2 recruit in the country, took his team to the national championship game as a freshman, and was the #7 pick after his freshman year.

Reaction Score
what are you talking about?? sanogo is not on the same planet as zion athletically and sabonis is the second best passing center in the league after jokic.

randle in college isnt a terrible comp but don’t forget he led UK to the chip game. he's also more athletic and has become a much better shooter and passer.

sanogo is very 2 dimensional right now ie score on the block and rebound. i think the best comp is a smaller enes kanter or kofi cockburn who didn’t get drafted after his sophomore year
Dude (sanogo) started playing basketball at 15 if I'm not mistaken. Also when you look at stats sanogo is a better shot blocker than he is given credit for, now I don't think He will be anywhere as good as any of those 3 but IF HE IS TO SUCCEED IN THE NBA it will be carving out a role like those guys, albeit with a lower ceiling, I really think he has more mobility than Kanter or Kofi Cockburn but we'll see.

Reaction Score
Nobody here expected for Sanogo to be as good as he was as a frosh and no one had him being so offensively talented so for these same folks to project what he is going to do this season means nothing. I have absolutely no idea how good hes going to be or not be. We shall see.

Reaction Score
I hope your not indicating Hawkins #'s and NBA draft potential is for this year? He is very talented offensively, his handle could be better and we have not seen his defensive ability at the college level yet. Do I think he has NBA talent, yes but not this year. Akok if healthy could be NBA worthy this year. But we are getting a pipeline of players that have that kind of potential in the near future.

Younger is better for the league. Yes those #s are for this year. He will need to elevate those #s the older he gets.

It's a big IF whether he can show good enough defense, shooting or skill to be drafted. But the margin for error is way smaller the older you get, the less you can shoot , and the farther a player is from a prototype of an NBA position... Hawkins doesn't have those flaws like our other guys.

Reaction Score
Bui
Younger is better for the league. Yes those #s are for this year. He will need to elevate those #s the older he gets.

It's a big IF whether he can show good enough defense, shooting or skill to be drafted. But the margin for error is way smaller the older you get, the less you can shoot , and the farther a player is from a prototype of an NBA position... Hawkins doesn't have those flaws like our other guys.
I just think those #s are a bit high but not unrealistic. Hopefully he adjusts to the college game before the Big East schedule begins. Ceiling is high for him though.

Reaction Score
Bui

I just think those #s are a bit high but not unrealistic. Hopefully he adjusts to the college game before the Big East schedule begins. Ceiling is high for him though.

Oh I don't think he will hit those numbers. I'm just saying he's closer than anyone else to hitting the #s needed to be drafted in the lottery bc of his NBA-made skillset

Reaction Score
Oh I don't think he will hit those numbers. I'm just saying he's closer than anyone else to hitting the #s needed to be drafted in the lottery bc of his NBA-made skillset
Ah! Ok got it. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom