2022/23 UConn Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022/23 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
local recruit already really good but is going to blow up next season...............I hope UConn is watching her...........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was just looking at the ESPN 2022 ranks and saw Maya Nnagi at No 8. She is a team mate of Bueckers and started for Hopkins as a freshman last season. Her brother Zeke was the leading scorer on the boys team and has signed with Arizona. I'm not going to describe her game. 6'4" and lanky. Those who are interested can watch Hopkins full games that are available on youtube. She plays for North Tartan AAU. I wouldn't be surprised to see her on UConn's list. Geno has already had a year to look and will certainly see her next season. Hopkins will be a dynamite team next year with her, Bueckers and a freshman who came off the bench as an 8th grader and was the 3rd or 4th best player on the team. It's a shame that Minn rules prohibit HS teams from playing out of state.

maya-nnaji

a highlight video and stats page from Maxipreps:

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ma...?videoid=9355ae8f-c960-42c3-bc4d-4d316ac63ebf

Any HS video of Bueckers or Hopkins will show Nnagi.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Interview with Milaysia Fulwiley where she mentions UConn interest. Audio's very low.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That's a ridiculous amount of talent for her age.

Still reminds me of a more athletic KML with better handles. Doubt she shoots THAT well, but her mechanics look like KML's to me.

Reaction Score
Still reminds me of a more athletic KML with better handles. Doubt she shoots THAT well, but her mechanics look like KML's to me.
Definitely. And no fear of missing. Pretty ballsy when the biggest kid on the floor takes it 1 on 3 with no hesitation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Definitely. And no fear of missing. Pretty ballsy when the biggest kid on the floor takes it 1 on 3 with no hesitation.

She has an "it" factor. Her and Fulwiley are primo '23's.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Zoe Brooks asked about the schools she's most interested in mentions UConn but says her "main" is Tennessee. Do these girls not know that ship sailed over a decade ago?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Zoe Brooks asked about the schools she's most interested in mentions UConn but says her "main" is Tennessee. Do these girls not know that ship sailed over a decade ago?

Most of these young gals don't know about ships. They're floating on their own ocean and they're certain most any boat will get them to the port they want. I'm just glad UConn got a real Saylor. Hooyah!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Judea got an athletic scholarship to Windward, so I’m assuming that’s where she will be next year. Obviously Windward has produced some really great talent.

Correct. Windward and Mater Dei are 2 of the top girl’s basketball programs in the metropolitan Los Angeles area. It’s not uncommon for the best players from Windward go directly from there to UCLA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
taking a couple of kids down to Neptune in a couple of weeks for the Elite camp..probably see Melious there...it appears she's grown about four inches since I saw her last which is great......
A posting above gives a height of 5’7”. On clip she appears considerably taller maybe 5’10” or 11”. Is this your assessment re height? Love this player.

Reaction Score
A posting above gives a height of 5’7”. On clip she appears considerably taller maybe 5’10” or 11”. Is this your assessment re height? Love this player.
Oops. Sorry thought you were referencing Fulwiley

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some Nicole Melious news at the link as well.

Breya Cunningham, SD Waves 2023

Cunningham has been putting on a show her first two days of Jr. NBA Global Championship and is gobbling up quite a bit of attention. The 6-3 Center has looked terrific this summer for San Diego Waves on the club circuit. With athleticism, shot blocking ability, and ideal tools to become one of the top 10 players in her class. Breya looks as if she will reach that ceiling as a prospect.

Jada Williams, Missouri Phenom 2023

Jada AKA “Little Bullet” is one of the best one on one creators in the nation. The ability to change pace, penetrate and find the rim makes her tough to contain. Her scoring ability, court vision, and flare makes her an exciting player to watch.

JuJu Watkins, Vegas United 2023

Watkins is the biggest name on the AAU scene and rightfully so. JuJu is a bucket-getting Power 5 prospect that has ability to get the rim with ease or hit the 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom