2022-2023 how many is Geno putting on rooster.? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022-2023 how many is Geno putting on rooster.?

Reaction Score
The UConn Roosters starting lineup from the left: Shooting Guard Azzi Fudd; Point Guard Nika Muhl; Wing (LOL) Caroline Ducharme; and switching options in the Post are Aaliyah Edwards and Dorka Juhasz.

roosters.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was a contestant years ago. I won a hand painted chest/truck valued at 1500.00 (we still have it) and a years supply of sue bee honey (we don’t still have this lol). I spun the wheel and got 90 cent. Next person 95. Drats!!! I was fun and exciting.
It was interesting to see what went on behind the scenes before the cameras began to roll. Since we where familiar with the show, it was fun to be there and have the show’s directors and Drew come out and talk to us before the show started. You can see the stage crew moving props and featured prizes being moved during commercial breaks that you never see on TV. A fun 4 hours spent in Hollywood.

Reaction Score
We have heard for decades that UConn practices are harder than games. A walk on isn't going to give you what you want in practice, though better than nothing. Thankful for practice players.
Walk-on's and walk-on's. I agree if "just any body walks-on, they most likely could not keep up". Once in a blue (notice the color) moon, a top type of player may show up. Mind, you, no top 1000 player, just someone who played and knows the game.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I think Geno will have to go the walk-on route. Of the thousands of girls on campus, I'm sure a few of them have played High School ball and are pretty good, just not scholarship good. I mentioned a while back that we don't need them to score, just be there to fill in if we get in bad foul trouble. My main concern of a walk-on is that they can handle the ball well enough to get it up the court. If we can't get anyone else, we need this option because 10 players are not enough. Even if there are not any major injuries, minor ones occur, and people get sick. It's getting late, so try-outs for the walk-ons will have to start as school begins, heck, we may need 2. I really don't want to go this route, but as I have already said, it's getting late.

Reaction Score
Walk-on's and walk-on's. I agree if "just any body walks-on, they most likely could not keep up". Once in a blue (notice the color) moon, a top type of player may show up. Mind, you, no top 1000 player, just someone who played and knows the game.
I’ll tell you what.
Tons of respect for anyone that has “ enough” of what it takes to walk on, push themselves to their limits and earn the respect of players on a team comprised , pretty much, of the crem’ de la crem’ of woman’s collegiate basketball.
I have watched Briana Polido’s 4th quarter, last minute, 3 pointer (IN THE FINALS) dozens and dozens and dozens of times.
I ALWAYS feel a measure of excitement, joy and respect for her. Never gets old and always electric (to me).
And her teammates were ESTATIC.
Tells me all I need to know about that young lady.
Geno - if another one like her walks into your office , sign ‘er up. ( but you know that already)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Really, it was a rhetorical question. Everyone knows you can only fit one husky on a rooster.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Geno will have to go the walk-on route. Of the thousands of girls on campus, I'm sure a few of them have played High School ball and are pretty good, just not scholarship good. I mentioned a while back that we don't need them to score, just be there to fill in if we get in bad foul trouble. My main concern of a walk-on is that they can handle the ball well enough to get it up the court. If we can't get anyone else, we need this option because 10 players are not enough. Even if there are not any major injuries, minor ones occur, and people get sick. It's getting late, so try-outs for the walk-ons will have to start as school begins, heck, we may need 2. I really don't want to go this route, but as I have already said, it's getting late.
That was some walk. ;)

Reaction Score
I have confidence in Chris Dailey, Morgan Valley and Jemelle Elliot to find another post player to add to this years team. We need to develop more post players to compete with South Carolina.....

Reaction Score
I have confidence in Chris Dailey, Morgan Valley and Jemelle Elliot to find another post player to add to this years team. We need to develop more post players to compete with South Carolina.....
Correct. And there are a few decent ones still out there.

Reaction Score
I’ll tell you what.
Tons of respect for anyone that has “ enough” of what it takes to walk on, push themselves to their limits and earn the respect of players on a team comprised , pretty much, of the crem’ de la crem’ of woman’s collegiate basketball.
I have watched Briana Polido’s 4th quarter, last minute, 3 pointer (IN THE FINALS) dozens and dozens and dozens of times.
I ALWAYS feel a measure of excitement, joy and respect for her. Never gets old and always electric (to me).
And her teammates were ESTATIC.
Tells me all I need to know about that young lady.
Geno - if another one like her walks into your office , sign ‘er up. ( but you know that already)
It was a 2 pointer.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The last two teams to beat SC did not have a comparable front line. It can be done. However, another big post player would certainly, I believe, help.

Reaction Score
We have heard for decades that UConn practices are harder than games. A walk on isn't going to give you what you want in practice, though better than nothing. Thankful for practice players.
Really thankful. Remember the time Stewie put out they needed walk on and the result was, probably, the greatest single moment in UConn WBB history. And one of the two players with the most wins in their career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom