2021 UConn Rates as the worst SP+ team in the history of college football | The Boneyard

2021 UConn Rates as the worst SP+ team in the history of college football

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
meh.
'The UAB football program was terminated after the 2014 season but was reinstated shortly thereafter. The team went on hiatus for two seasons before returning in 2017. UAB won both its first conference championship and bowl game in program history in 2018.'
here's to the future. they look happy.
(yesterday)

why we fight on.

Reaction Score

So you can probably put to bed any “Let’s keep Spanos!” talk

The architect of the current D so it was never happening anyway. But retention is the major issue and my guess is that is a problem that will be with UConn for a long long while no matter who is coach.

Reaction Score
At some point in time I may Google SP+ to find out what these means and why I should care about. I'm not there yet.

Let me help…

-> What is SP+? In a single sentence, it's a tempo- and opponent-adjusted measure of college football efficiency. I created the system at Football Outsiders in 2008, and as my experience with both college football and its stats has grown, I have made quite a few tweaks to the system.

It is, as always, important to note that SP+ is intended to be predictive and forward-facing. It is not a résumé ranking that gives credit for big wins or particularly brave scheduling -- no good predictive system is. It is simply a measure of the most sustainable and predictable aspects of football. <-

Reaction Score
Never say that.

To be fair, while our SP+ could in theory go down, it is actually impossible to be worse than the all-time worst. We have literally hit rock bottom. We are at the Earth's Core. It is no longer possible for us to be ranked lower.

Reaction Score
We are #1!!! At least we haven't (yet!) got beat 222-0. I wonder what the Cumberland fan site would be like if they had the internet back then. Let's keep this in mind: 'No matter what, we can't give up 222 points...' :)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
here's another from, like 5 minutes ago. they lost, big whoop. everrbody seemed to have a good time regardless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom