2021 UConn NY Times Nat'l Champ - Official Mercendise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 UConn NY Times Nat'l Champ - Official Mercendise

Reaction Score
Congrats, Vandy is the slightly better school but 'the institution that shall not be named' is in a better city unless you are really into country. Our middle child had that decision 30 years ago and chose Vandy. She never regretted it but never enjoyed the outside of school opportunities that her same aged cousin had at you know where.

As a former Boston resident and frequent Nashville visitor, I’d agree—-30 years ago. Today, Nashville is a much more vibrant city than it was then and a heck of a lot more friendly. I’d choose Nashville for the happy people, growth, low taxes and entrepreneurial spirit. The culture is far more appealing. Even the music scene has expanded to far more than country. Boston is a bit uptight.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As a former Boston resident and frequent Nashville visitor, I’d agree—-30 years ago. Today, Nashville is a much more vibrant city than it was then and a heck of a lot more friendly. I’d choose Nashville for the happy people, growth, low taxes and entrepreneurial spirit. The culture is far more appealing. Even the music scene has expanded to far more than country. Boston is a bit uptight.
Nashville is a great city. The city is surprisingly clean, maybe outside of Broadway from 3pm to 3am.

Reaction Score
Fully agree that Nashville has come a long way in the last couple of decades. Living in BHM with grandkids in Franklin we are there often. I was looking at it from the point of view of the opportunities the cities would offer an undergrad. I believe that the Boston area with Harvard, MIT, Tufts, BC, BU, NU, etc. would still be a better town than Nashville for a student. While Vandy was, and is great, Belmont, Fisk, and Lipscomb don't add as much as the Boston institutions.

Reaction Score
Fully agree that Nashville has come a long way in the last couple of decades. Living in BHM with grandkids in Franklin we are there often. I was looking at it from the point of view of the opportunities the cities would offer an undergrad. I believe that the Boston area with Harvard, MIT, Tufts, BC, BU, NU, etc. would still be a better town than Nashville for a student. While Vandy was, and is great, Belmont, Fisk, and Lipscomb don't add as much as the Boston institutions.

Can’t disagree from that perspective. The other side of the coin is Vandy and Belmont students are highly sought after for internships etc. in Nashville. Vanderbilt is to Nashville what Harvard is to Boston.

Reaction Score
Can’t disagree from that perspective. The other side of the coin is Vandy and Belmont students are highly sought after for internships etc. in Nashville. Vanderbilt is to Nashville what Harvard is to Boston.

Not just to Nashville but pretty much the whole Mid-South.

There is a joke among Bama fans that while beating them Bama players have to be very nice to Vandy players since they know that in a few years they will be their bosses.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Last day to get these boys! Campaign ends at midnight EST.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom