2021 UConn Football Media Day - Thursday July 29th. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 UConn Football Media Day - Thursday July 29th.

Reaction Score
None of this means anything at all. Every year it is the same thing. We are so much better physically. So much more leadership. So much better understanding of the system. Yadda yadda yadda.

Tell us a week from from this coming Sunday who is on the QB short list, and tell us as soon as the final selection for starter is made. That is all we really want to hear aside from the two deep before the first game on the coast.

And no, we have not forgotten about the public practice. That should be fun. It has been a looooong two years.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

It almost sounds like the staff wants Zergiotis to win. they talk about him first when discussing QB's and talk about he has transformed his body.

And then they throw in the consistency thing. And we all know RE won't play a QB who makes turnovers; especially one who makes turnovers trying to extend plays beyond the play called by the staff.

Which leads me to believe Krajewski will end up as the starter.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Now that these guys are physically ready, it is easy to see the momentum. If there is a modicum of good QB play, and these guys get a taste of winning, you can just see this taking off.

Agree.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It almost sounds like the staff wants Zergiotis to win. they talk about him first when discussing QB's and talk about he has transformed his body.

And then they throw in the consistency thing. And we all know RE won't play a QB who makes turnovers; especially one who makes turnovers trying to extend plays beyond the play called by the staff.

Which leads me to believe Krajewski will end up as the starter.
I think so too. In @gwhuskyfan's podcast Edsall talks about needing guys who "can make plays and do it consistently... and sometimes it's not who you think it will be." For some reason that made me think that Zergiotis is not leading for the QB slot right now. Just a feeling.

Reaction Score

This worries me a bit but it's understandable we know there are holes and guys need to step in. Next year and the year after depth chart at OL looks much deeper, but this year the offense will go as far as the new starters can take them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think so too. In @gwhuskyfan's podcast Edsall talks about needing guys who "can make plays and do it consistently... and sometimes it's not who you think it will be." For some reason that made me think that Zergiotis is not leading for the QB slot right now. Just a feeling.
Zergiotis seems like the classic good enough, aggressive enough to keep both teams in the game at all times. He'd be the Jameis Winston 30/30 club type QB. Which Edsall hates.

Edsall likes the QB who makes the throws the play calls for and if the QB makes a bad pass, he blames it on "execution".

Go off script and try to make a play outside the staff calls for and you mess it up? Edsall hates that even more.

Reaction Score
I mean lets be honest here. Edsall has a pretty terrible track record with recruiting QB's. Outside of Dan O, his QB's have been game managers at best.

I don’t think you meant recruiting, as he has brought in guys who looked good as QB recruits. He just hasn’t developed them. It’s like he wants everyone to cap out at his level as a player at SU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think you meant recruiting, as he has brought in guys who looked good as we recruits. He just hasn’t developed them. It’s like he wants everyone to cap out at his level as a player at SU.
TL was a very good QB, as was Cody Endres, Zach Frazer developed into a competent QB, Shirreffs (one foot out the door) was rescued by Edsall after Diaco shunned him for a poor throwing Freshman. Pindell had a good year for Edsall but the defense was so bad nobody remembers now.

Are we not giving Edsall any credit for developing Orlovsky? I bet Orlovsky would beg to differ.

Reaction Score
None of this means anything at all. Every year it is the same thing. We are so much better physically. So much more leadership. So much better understanding of the system. Yadda yadda yadda.

Tell us a week from from this coming Sunday who is on the QB short list, and tell us as soon as the final selection for starter is made. That is all we really want to hear aside from the two deep before the first game on the coast.

And no, we have not forgotten about the public practice. That should be fun. It has been a looooong two years.
Let’s hope Edsall returns to a standard two deep instead of that “participation list” or whatever that crap was called in 2019

Reaction Score
Let’s hope Edsall returns to a standard two deep instead of that “participation list” or whatever that crap was called in 2019

Fully agree. It would be a show of respect to the fans to make that very standard information available.

Reaction Score
Actually I wonder if we see the true frosh. Nobody thinks he is the guy this year. Yet there were several Spring videos of him making very nice plays. Probably not. I actually think it is Krejewski.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
UConn Media Day is today. Be prepared for tomorrow's Hartford Courant sports page to have 6 articles on UConn men's & women's hoops, 2 or 3 on UConn alumni in the Olympics, & only a tagline of the gridiron team.
Same lack of interest shown to baseball team.

Reaction Score
Given the fact that Edsall previously praised QB Micah Leone—it’s not surprising to hear RE say the ultimate starting QB “might not be who you think”. Most of us think it will be either Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski. Mmm. On the other hand, it’s been interesting how Edsall didn’t say much about ML when he discussed the QB competition. My sense is that Micah is either still injured or perhaps one of the 7 unvaccinated. If it’s the latter it won’t matter how good a player he is. He won’t be permitted to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

(The missing sentence from the Outline feed is:
When Huskies fans see him carry the ball the first time, he hopes that they have one takeaway. “Damn, that’s an explosive, big, powerful guy,” he said.)

Based on that article, I love this man. He is going to be very successful in life.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Given the fact that Edsall previously praised QB Micah Leone—it’s not surprising to hear RE say the ultimate starting QB “might not be who you think”. Most of us think it will be either Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski. Mmm. On the other hand, it’s been interesting how Edsall didn’t say much about ML when he discussed the QB competition. My sense is that Micah is either still injured or perhaps one of the 7 unvaccinated. If it’s the latter it won’t matter how good a player he is. He won’t be permitted to play.

RE alluded to Leon still being injured or being injury prone in one of his interviews this week. And from what I remembered that was about all he had to say about Leon.

Reaction Score
It’ll be between Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski Leon is injury prone. Randy clearly feels that way about him. Randy also said he wants someone with experience. Leon hasn’t taken a meaningful snap since high school

Reaction Score
I’ll admit it… I wanna see Tyler Phommachanh overcome adversity and get some snaps. Should be contending for the third string slot as a true freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom