2021 UConn Football Media Day - Thursday July 29th. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 UConn Football Media Day - Thursday July 29th.

Reaction Score
93.20% vaxxed....not bad.
Agreed, and not much wriggle room in UConn's current SARS-2 vaccine policy. Vaccination, or fuhgetabout living in dorms or attending classes for on-campus students let alone student-athletes participating in practices or games.

"All students who will be in person on UConn's campuses during the fall 2021 semester are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19" UConn Vaccinations Policy | COVID

Reaction Score
Listen…

It’s wild how every season there is a question mark around who’s leading the offense.

How we don’t have a single QB that stands out is beyond me but I assume it’s Zerg (1) Krajewski (2) and would love to see Tyler Phommachanh emerge as (3)

Reaction Score
In terms of positivity and commitment from the coach to win games, it was a great day. I’d say Randy has some moxie going. Based on that, I’d also say he knows who his QB is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-> For the coach of a college football team that didn’t play at all in 2020, and won a total of only six games in the three seasons before, to start guaranteeing victories would be silly. And UConn coach Randy Edsall certainly wasn’t doing that Thursday.

But on the eve of his team’s first practice of the 2021 season, Edsall certainly sounded like he expects wins — yes, plural — to be in the cards for the Huskies this season.

“We’ve put ourselves in a position to win,” Edsall said during a meeting with reporters in the Shenkman Center on the school’s campus.

The Huskies open the season on the West Coast, facing Fresno State Aug. 28.

“It’s a whole different feel, a whole different vibe. It’s been that way since basically January,” Edsall said of his team’s attitude. <-

Reaction Score

-> “We’ve put ourselves now in a position to win,” Edsall told media Thursday at Shenkman Training Center.

“Before, I don’t think we had that ability in a lot of situations. But I really feel like hey, we’re in a position now where we can go out and win.”

Reaction Score

-> “We’ve put ourselves now in a position to win,” Edsall told media Thursday at Shenkman Training Center.

“Before, I don’t think we had that ability in a lot of situations. But I really feel like hey, we’re in a position now where we can go out and win.”

When I read this. It’s literally in RE’s voice.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

When I read this. It’s literally in RE’s voice.
When we played Syracuse and their RB overpowered our DE and plowed into the end zone, I realized we were too light and weak to compete. It proved out game by game. Even with some of the improvements we made in 2019, we still weren't able to put out 11 players who were up to speed and strength.

Now that these guys are physically ready, it is easy to see the momentum. If there is a modicum of good QB play, and these guys get a taste of winning, you can just see this taking off.

Reaction Score
It’s wild how every season there is a question mark around who’s leading the offense.

How we don’t have a single QB that stands out is beyond me but I assume it’s Zerg (1) Krajewski (2) and would love to see Tyler Phommachanh emerge as (3)
I mean lets be honest here. Edsall has a pretty terrible track record with recruiting QB's. Outside of Dan O, his QB's have been game managers at best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom