2021 UConn Football Commit - Robert Burns (Miami FL Transfer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 UConn Football Commit - Robert Burns (Miami FL Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Looks like straight ahead power is his game.

train ge GIF by General Electric

Reaction Score
I see one of the posted tweets says injuries have delayed Rob's extended success so far. Does anyone know his injury history? Is he coming in on new knees? Bad shoulders?..............
I have seen his history described as “injury plagued” and a reference coming out of high school as to missing time due to nagging shoulder issues. He doesn’t have a lot of playing miles on him per se so if he has his dings behind him - it’s a low risk add.

Reaction Score
From what I have read about Burns:
  • well respected teammate
  • very good on special teams
  • short yardage potential
That’s a good add as we have struggled in short yardage. He was 5th on Miami’s running back depth chart but he will be a valuable role player here I think. Wedge breaker on specials, and short yardage back. I would not expect him to be a threat as an every down back.

Reaction Score
It was an immediate need— someone who won’t go down after initial contact and will covert in short yardage situations.
Not directed at you specifically, but we have to stop with won’t go down on initial contact nonsense. We’ve got a guy in Mensah who has spent his career facing entire defensive teams in the box and will end his career, at worst, second in career rushing yards.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I love all UConn players- Mensah has been a warrior. He does great things but reading his keys and hitting the right holes is something he needed to work on.

Reaction Score
Not directed at you specifically, but we have to stop with won’t go down on initial contact nonsense. We’ve got a guy in Mensah who has spent his career facing entire defensive teams in the box and will end his career, at worst, second in career rushing yards.
Fair enough. I love Mensah. Just happy we have an even bigger back who could push the pile.

Reaction Score
I see one of the posted tweets says injuries have delayed Rob's extended success so far. Does anyone know his injury history? Is he coming in on new knees? Bad shoulders?..............
I feel like it's been everything for him. He's just never been consistently healthy. These days you never get all the details, just the "upper extremity, lower extremity" descriptions. He's just always been hurt and missing time.

Reaction Score
Seems a long time back, but Burns was out the spring and the opener of 2017 with a shoulder injury...he played 12 games in 2019...had a knee injury and time off early 2020..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway

Top Bottom