2021 Starting QB? | The Boneyard

2021 Starting QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
So I’m bored and thinking about next season- who do you want to start at QB? Options include:

Jack Zergiotis
Steve K
Micah Leon
Tyler P

I lean towards Tyler P but honestly it just sounds like another excuse to keep Randy around 2 more years “freshman QB” Lol

I also think there is a decent chance (me speculating) Taisun P leaves Clemson after this year and we could be a destination for him. If that is the case he would almost certainly be the starter.

Reaction Score
I'm on the Steven Krajewski bandwagon after seeing how effective and tough he was when he finally was given a chance. He was a little shaky at first but settled down and played great even with the injury.

Reaction Score
It seems crazy, but they will all be 2 years older than the last time we saw them play. Whomever it is will be a lot better. I don't see Tyler being the starter year 1. I think we will see the best QB play we have seen for quite a while. Next year seems so far away.

Reaction Score
Let the best man win whoever it is. Hopefully one of the QB's takes a big 2 year leap forward and leaves no doubt as to who it should be.

If I were to wager on this I'd go with Z. Both Z and Steven Krajewski will still have 3 years of eligibility remaining, which is nice.

We should have a terrific passing game next year with the talented Ross, Jeffreys, Drayton trio 2 years older and Rose and Medlock at TE.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I’m bored and thinking about next season- who do you want to start at QB? Options include:

Jack Zergiotis
Steve K
Micah Leon
Tyler P

I lean towards Tyler P but honestly it just sounds like another excuse to keep Randy around 2 more years “freshman QB” Lol

I also think there is a decent chance (me speculating) Taisun P leaves Clemson after this year and we could be a destination for him. If that is the case he would almost certainly be the starter.
do you think he would like to come here and beat out his little brother for the QB? He is not coming here.

Reaction Score
I see Steven Krajewski and Zerg battling but wouldn’t be surprised if Randy gives the nod to the local kid Tyler Phommachanh

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No idea who gets the Fresno start. I think Randy ran more of a development type camp this fall because at any given time too many key players would be out for quarantine (sometimes whole position groups). I also think he just didn’t want anyone to feel run off or buried on the depth chart by the end of fall. Better to keep them all even for now. I expect a three way battle this spring with Jack Zergiotis, Steven Krajewski and ML, but if COVid keeps us at less than near full strength maybe Randy holds off on the true QB competition until summer.

I like Tyler Phommachanh entering the mix in 2022 after watching the 2021 season. I don’t think Taisun comes here unless Tyler is cool with it needless to say.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski seems the best bet to me. Z will need to have rebuilt his throwing motion for me to get on board. I’m a huge believer in mechanics when it comes to throwing a football or shooting a basketball. You’ve got to have it right to be exceptional. At best, you’ll be streaky without good mechanics.

Reaction Score
Yep. My bet too..
micah leon? he has no game experience was a walk on at Nc state no major offers why would you want him to have the keys to the car? oh yeah hes also injury prone. the qb for the team is Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski. Jack Zergiotis has the most in game exp. Steven Krajewski played injured and did not do to bad in his only game. he also comes with the most accolades of any quarterback we have recruited in how long? the competition will be between Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski no one else. also Steven Krajewski played pretty much a whole game with a broken collar bone and improved while the game progressed. Jack Zergiotis started to come in to his own towards the end of the year. it'll be a close competition but if Steven Krajewski can preform like his potential is hell take the nod. or possibly start season off with Jack Zergiotis. give Jack Zergiotis a game then Steven Krajewski a game who ever does the best go from there. theyll both have offensive weapons so if one can preform and one cant run with who ever does best in the game they are given to play

C

Chief00

Let the best man win whoever it is. Hopefully one of the QB's takes a big 2 year leap forward and leaves no doubt as to who it should be.

If I were to wager on this I'd go with Z. Both Z and Steven Krajewski will still have 3 years of eligibility remaining, which is nice.

We should have a terrific passing game next year with the talented Ross, Jeffreys, Drayton trio 2 years older and Rose and Medlock at TE.
Need OL and running game to set the table.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Oline should be much better with a year in the weight room. That's my hope along with one quarterback standing out and taking the reigns and putting UConn back where it was just 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
I think Tyler P is not is a redshirt. No need to play him. I like Z’s upside Steven Krajewski might have the most talent but I worry that he lacks the attitude. When you look at who he failed to beat out it is a little worrisome. Maybe2 years of work changed the chemistry

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I like when new threads show up on this board, and I desperately want to talk about who is the starting QB versus talking about covid issues.

But...I don't know how anyone can feel strongly about this topic considering that we don't have a dominant incumbent QB, and it will be almost two years since we saw the team play.

I will say that I really hope that Randy has a spring game this year to give the fans actual football to talk about. And a spring game will create some excitement and interest for the season next year.

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest, I really enjoyed the year off. Didn't have 11 weekly doses of frustration and embarrassment to add to the toxic mix of Presidential Politics. I'm thinking maybe we just take 2021 off as well and come back strong for 2022 at this point.

Reaction Score

Jack Zergiotis
Steve K
Micah Leon
Tyler P

tyler Ps brother should be leaving Clemson. He is playing behind a true freshman. Why not come to UCONN ?

Reaction Score
tyler Ps brother should be leaving Clemson. He is playing behind a true freshman. Why not come to UCONN ?
Did you see his offer list? I can give you 23 reasons as to why he wouldn’t. I get why you’d want him to come here. Out his offer list FSU needs a qb the U going to need one. He will stay in the P5

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Uconndan97 undefeated since Lincoln was prez

Reaction Score
micah leon? he has no game experience was a walk on at Nc state no major offers why would you want him to have the keys to the car? oh yeah hes also injury prone. the qb for the team is Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski. Jack Zergiotis has the most in game exp. Steven Krajewski played injured and did not do to bad in his only game. he also comes with the most accolades of any quarterback we have recruited in how long? the competition will be between Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski no one else. also Steven Krajewski played pretty much a whole game with a broken collar bone and improved while the game progressed. Jack Zergiotis started to come in to his own towards the end of the year. it'll be a close competition but if Steven Krajewski can preform like his potential is hell take the nod. or possibly start season off with Jack Zergiotis. give Jack Zergiotis a game then Steven Krajewski a game who ever does the best go from there. theyll both have offensive weapons so if one can preform and one cant run with who ever does best in the game they are given to play

I think the competition will be between Leon and krajewski. Just not sure Z can pull it off unless he made great strides this off-season

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
I like Steve K. at QB. But no matter who is there, success depends on a strong supporting cast at wide-outs and a good running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom