OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 27 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
The 76ers are brutal to watch, it's just Simmons and Tobias choking all over the place with Embiid baskets and some little Curry brother jumpers mixed in.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand how Philly can keep Ben Simmons beyond this year. Or why any other contender would take him

Reaction Score
The 76ers are brutal to watch, it's just Simmons and Tobias choking all over the place with Embiid baskets and some little Curry brother jumpers mixed in.

Passing on that layup is brutal. Torn between not wanting Philly to win...and being a sentimental 'old guy' Howard fan....

Reaction Score
76ers lost to this guy...

Attachments

• 2343.png
    2343.png
    509.4 KB · Views: 125
Reaction Score
Simmons was guarded by Gallinari who is a trash defender and didn't even try to score. What a joke.

Reaction Score
Simmons averaged 6 ppg the last 3 games and shot 33% from the ft line for the series.

Reaction Score
The game is either in your blood or not. Embiid & Simmons are by all accounts good kids, willing learners, etc...but they're freak humans first and basketball players second. It was obvious as far back as the Boston series three years ago.

Reaction Score
The game is either in your blood or not. Embiid & Simmons are by all accounts good kids, willing learners, etc...but they're freak humans first and basketball players second. It was obvious as far back as the Boston series three years ago.

Simmons a willing learner lol. He hasn’t willingly learned a single thing since he got to the league. Absolute zero in the half court. Can’t/ won’t shoot. Zero low post game. Embiid is waaaay better than simmons and he adapted his game by going further from the hoop and taking 3s/ jumpers to accommodate Simmons who refuses to change his game or learn a single new skill.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Great game that showed why depth is so important. Trae Young was 5 for 23 and Bogdanovic only had 4 points, yet the Hawks beat the #1 seed on the road. Huerter could not miss in the second half, and Gallinari was great too. Hawks played really good defense tonight.

Simmons is a lost cause, and the sixers have 4 years left at $35MM/year, making the contract untradeable. He is so wildly overpaid that this contract could kill the franchise. Given his injury history, the window to win with Embiid is pretty small, and they can't afford to burn 4 years with Simmons eating up a huge chuck of cap room.

Reaction Score
Simmons averaged 6 ppg the last 3 games and shot 33% from the ft line for the series.

he averaged fewer than 5 shots a game the last 3 games. Took 14 total shots. He had an open layup with a few min left and he passed up by giving it to a 44% ft shooter who immediately got hacked (and then went 1-2 for the line). Simmons is beyond not being able to shoot. He’s afraid to shoot. It’s crazy

Reaction Score
he averaged fewer than 5 shots a game the last 3 games. Took 14 total shots. He had an open layup with a few min left and he passed up by giving it to a 44% ft shooter who immediately got hacked (and then went 1-2 for the line). Simmons is beyond not being able to shoot. He’s afraid to shoot. It’s crazy
He didn't shoot a single shot in 5 of the 7 4th quarters of the series, he shot 3 shots total in 4th quarters. Dude is a total headcase, hopefully nobody will ever call him a star again until he gets a shot and fixes his head.

Reaction Score
Simmons a willing learner lol. He hasn’t willingly learned a single thing since he got to the league. Absolute zero in the half court. Can’t/ won’t shoot. Zero low post game. Embiid is waaaay better than simmons and he adapted his game by going further from the hoop and taking 3s/ jumpers to accommodate Simmons who refuses to change his game or learn a single new skill.

I'm trying to be nice. Obviously Embiid is the far superior player, but he's plagued by a lot of the same demons. I also don't consider 7 footers settling for jump shots "adapting." Simmons is a category five train-wreck, but they lost that series because their best player let them lose it.

Reaction Score
This is just brutal for Simmons. Doc doesn't have his back in the post game presser. Reporters are basically asking him why he sucked so much, why he's scared, and if he played his last game in Philly and Shaq just said if I was his teammate and he gave that answer I would knock his arse out in the locker room.

Reaction Score
76ers lost to this guy...

ha! I know this kid’s family a little bit. He’s a good kid. I’m pretty surprised he’s turned out to be this good at the nba level.

not to sound like my dad but Simmons can either keep the cool guy routine going this summer and have a good time in LA and come back the same player he’s always been or he can lock himself in the gym and not come out until he has at least a below average NBA jump shot. The fact that he’s still this guy is a pretty harsh commentary on what’s important to him.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to be nice. Obviously Embiid is the far superior player, but he's plagued by a lot of the same demons. I also don't consider 7 footers settling for jump shots "adapting." Simmons is a category five train-wreck, but they lost that series because their best player let them lose it.

7 footers that can add 3 point shooting at 32% >>>> guards that shoot 3's at 14%
I'm not an Embid fan, but imo, he's upped his shooting game to where it doesn't seem like settling...and Simmons has not changed/improved at all...
Why can't he work on that elbow jumper that CP3 has been making a living off of? With a good handle and about 8" on CP3, not sure why he can't get that done...unless he just doesn't want to. Can you imagine that guy if he had any shot at all? I get why he has no stones...'cause he has not shot...but he could definitely work on it.

Reaction Score
I've been a Simmons cheerleader since he was drafted, but this Playoff run is inexcusable. Max contract, 6'10" PG, who can be on the court in clutch-time. Everyone with arms can shoot a ball. They may not shoot well, but they can shoot. How is a max player not willing to even try?

I thought Embid's immaturity would stop this organization's progress, but no....the Simmons issue is much worse. I can't remember a player of his talent level who seems petrified of shooting. If he doesn't spend his summer in a gym putting up 1,200 shots a day, they need to send him back to Australia.

Reaction Score
ha! I know this kid’s family a little bit. He’s a good kid. I’m pretty surprised he’s turned out to be this good at the nba level.

not to sound like my dad but Simmons can either keep the cool guy routine going this summer and have a good time in LA and come back the same player he’s always been or he can lock himself in the gym and not come out until he has at least a below average NBA jump shot. The fact that he’s still this guy is a pretty harsh commentary on what’s important to him.
Huerter is definitely a good young player who is going to get even better and the nickname is great, haha. Dude probably gets turned away by security at some road buildings.

You're from Albany or Rochester area right? I knew Huerter is from NY state but not sure where.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stephen A (who I am not a fan of).... "Simmons is a jump shot away from being LeBron"...
Maybe not LeBron, but as someone mentioned here earlier...a below average J would ,make that guy great...

Reaction Score
Imagine someone telling you a year ago that the Suns and Hawks would be in their respective Conference Finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom