2021 McDonald's All American Team Announced | The Boneyard

2021 McDonald's All American Team Announced

Reaction Score
The 2021 girls' McDonald's All American team:

• Destiny Adams (No. 20, North Carolina)
  • Clarice Akunwafo (No. 21, USC)
  • Sonia Citron (No. 16, Notre Dame)
  • Maryam Dauda (No. 13, Baylor)
  • Amari DeBerry (No. 15, UConn)
  • Brooke Demetre (No. 11, Stanford)
  • Caroline Ducharme (No. 5, UConn)
  • Sania Feagin (No. 4, South Carolina)
  • Azzi Fudd (No. 1, UConn)
  • Aubryanna Hall (No. 14, South Carolina)
  • Rori Harmon (No. 10, Texas)
  • Jillian Hollingshead (No. 37, Georgia)
  • Kyndall Hunter (No. 24, Texas)
  • Okikiola Iriafen (No. 19, Stanford)
  • Raven Johnson (No. 2, South Carolina)
  • Greta Kampschroeder (No. 32, Oregon State)
  • Teonni Key (No. 9, North Carolina)
  • Rayah Marshall (No. 27, USC)
  • Kayla McPherson (No. 17, North Carolina)
  • Aaliyah Moore (No. 6, Texas)
  • Reigan Richardson (No. 34, Georgia)
  • Saniya Rivers (No. 3, South Carolina)
  • Payton Verhulst (No. 12, Louisville)
  • Jersey Wolfenbarger (No. 7, Arkansas)

1614124930474.png

Reaction Score
Hollingshead isn’t a surprise, but I’m surprised to see Richardson made the list, even though I think she had a good summer if I’m not mistaken, still good for UGA to have 2 burger girls headed there way, I would say that program is headed back in the right direction.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In addition to impressive statistics, DeBerry has shown the passing skills and basketball IQ that make her an elite player. She routinely makes the correct basketball play, knowing when to pass out of a double or triple team and when to attack the basket. When given too much space, DeBerry makes teams pay with her 3-point shooting.

DeBerry also has improved her skills by playing for the Philadelphia Belles AAU program and taking part in a number of USA Basketball development opportunities.

"It's a wonderful accomplishment for Amari and we're so proud of her," Williamsville South coach Kristin Dolan said.

Reaction Score

View attachment 64929

If everyone stays, SC will have 10 McDonald's All Americans on their roster next year plus Saxton and Amihere.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Extended breakdown of the rosters and hypothetical game by Premiere Basketball Report:

Headliners:

No.1 Azzi Fudd (St. John’s College HS | Washington DC) is headed to UConn. Although Fudd had a limited official HS regular season (2 games), her resume still stacks up against most: 2019 Gatorade National Girls' Basketball Player of the Year and a two-time USA Basketball gold medalist for the U16 and U17 teams. Her skill set, poise, and experience really set her apart.

No. 5 Caroline Ducharme (Noble and Greenough School | Dedham, MA) is headed to UConn. The 2020 Massachusetts Gatorade Player of the Year unfortunately did not have an official HS season this year. However, as a junior she averaged 25 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 assists per game. Caroline is a long range knock down shooter who is comfortable facilitating and getting on the boards.

Saylor Poffenbarger (Middleton HS, MD | UConn) has appeared in 6 games for UConn with spot minutes. She won a gold medal with USA Basketball at the 2019 FIBA Americas U16 Championship.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ducharme, who is the first McDonald’s All-American in Nobles history, is one of 24 players on the girls’ roster and the only one from New England. Nobles coach Alex Gallagher is extremely proud of how well she’s represented the program.

He said it’s been one of the great privileges of his coaching career to witness the incredible amount of work, passion, and commitment Ducharme has devoted to the game of basketball, Nobles, her family, and her teammates.

“She’s a phenomenal player, but she’s a much more phenomenal person,” Gallagher said. “She went out and earned everything she’s achieved, and I’m deeply grateful to the McDonald’s All-American selection committee for recognizing her greatness both on and off the court.”

Ducharme, a 5-foot-10-inch guard with a sweet stroke, is averaging 29.2 points per game for the 9-0 Bulldogs in games that have technically counted as scrimmages. She unofficially eclipsed 2,000 career points in a win over Lawrence Academy on Saturday.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Ending up with six threads per subject is a Boneyard staple. :)

I know, I’m not as... seasoned... as some of you, I’ve been around a little while.

But when it happens, OP obviously has an interest in the subject and has usually just missed the first thread. Just trying to help. ?‍♀️

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ducharme, a 5-foot-10-inch guard with a sweet stroke, is averaging 29.2 points per game for the 9-0 Bulldogs in games that have technically counted as scrimmages. She unofficially eclipsed 2,000 career points in a win over Lawrence Academy on Saturday.
Shoot, looks like Ducharme lost 4 inches. :( Must be the Covid.

Reaction Score
Wow! Courtney Banghart, the former Princeton coach, seems to be really hitting her recruiting stride at North Carolina! Three McDonald AA's. Seems as though UNC has really moved on from the previous era.

Reaction Score
Also said she was looking forward to playing with her teammates one more year.

Not quite sure why the game isn't happening. If most Division ! schools are now playing, and conference tournaments are happening, what's the difficulty with the McDonald's game? Is the corporation just skittish about a high school kid contracting the virus? PR?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Not quite sure why the game isn't happening. If most Division ! schools are now playing, and conference tournaments are happening, what's the difficulty with the McDonald's game? Is the corporation just skittish about a high school kid contracting the virus? PR?

I think the logistics of everyone and their families having to fly in from different places is the biggest issue, since there would be no way to quarantine or bubble everyone in a reasonable timeframe to make the event happen.

Reaction Score
Still high concentration of great players on a few teams. I count 18 of the 24 McDonald's AA's going to just 7 schools:

4 to South Carolina
3 each to Connecticut and North Carolina
2 each to Georgia, USC, Stanford and Texas.

So much for the "parity" thing!

Reaction Score

The BOTTOM LINE is that, although this is deemed an Exhibition Game, it is done is conjunction with the High School Season (because the game is being played during the High School Athletic Year). And with the Pandemic, many, if not all High Schools are PROHIBITING travel outside of their respective State for ANY competition. (Thus, it is a LIABILITY ISSUE)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Still high concentration of great players on a few teams. I count 18 of the 24 McDonald's AA's going to just 7 schools:

4 to South Carolina

UConn, South Carolina and Stanford have been loaded in recent years. All those others though have not been anywhere close to elite programs.

Reaction Score

4 to South Carolina

I wish SCar and UConn could hold a "JV Game" right before next season starts. Add two or three non-starters from this year's rosters to the 4 incoming frosh

Reaction Score

4 to South Carolina

I count three for Texas.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

View attachment 64929

?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Proud and happy that future Irish Sonia Citron made the team. ND probably would've had two represnttatives but Oliva Miles decided to "join the Bend" early and has suited up the last three games. Irish fans are very happy about that, too. ? ?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom