2021 - Javonte Brown-Ferguson - 6'11", 220 lbs. Ctr | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 - Javonte Brown-Ferguson - 6'11", 220 lbs. Ctr

Reaction Score
Could this be the next Okafor? Comes out of nowhere with the potential to be a big time recruit. Does he blow Cliff out of the picture?

Reaction Score
The dude is in Baltimore for a reason. That’s where the connections took him. You recruit from those connections not some frigid place in Canada he left. Don’t have time to clean up your act - you're on your own. Good luck.
Yup, I'll clean up my act, while you go cavort with some 22 year old dude from the streets of Baltimore.

Bet Bunky can't wait to see his stalker again

Reaction Score
What a statement

It was two questions and a statement actually.
And tell us, when Okafor signed, where did you have him going in the draft after his junior year? How about Jeremy Lamb, "the other Lamb"?
Nobody on this site can predict how any player will develop but when you see a kid coming on strong as he matures in high school maybe it's fun to think about the possibility we might catch lightning in a bottle for the second or even third time.

Reaction Score
Omoruyi was much better in UAA games this spring and summer.

Cliff: 9.5 PTS, 5 REB, 69% FG, 31% FT, 1.8 BLK
Brown: 19 MIN, 5.7 PTS, 3.3 REB, 53% FG, 35% FT, 0.8 BLK

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It was two questions and a statement actually.
And tell us, when Okafor signed, where did you have him going in the draft after his junior year? How about Jeremy Lamb, "the other Lamb"?
Nobody on this site can predict how any player will develop but when you see a kid coming on strong as he matures in high school maybe it's fun to think about the possibility we might catch lightning in a bottle for the second or even third time.

Just because something is technically within the realm of possibility doesn’t make it likely.

Reaction Score

The free throw percentages in aau games seem to always be insanely bad across the board. Is this because guys just rush at the line to hurry back into the hectic pace of game play?

Reaction Score
The free throw percentages in aau games seem to always be insanely bad across the board. Is this because guys just rush at the line to hurry back into the hectic pace of game play?

5+ games a weekend will do that. Kids are exhausted during the summer. As well as game outcomes that a lot of top prospects don't really care about.

Also, hs players are just bad ft shootwrs across the board in general.

Reaction Score
5+ games a weekend will do that. Kids are exhausted during the summer. As well as game outcomes that a lot of top prospects don't really care about.

Also, hs players are just bad ft shootwrs across the board in general.

Yeah, I used to coach AAU and even in smaller tournaments with no stats being kept, the free throw shooting was bad by even good shooters. I attributed some of it to the fact that the clock would run during free throws so players would rush the shots. But I know in these sneaker sponsored national tournaments the clock stops but the amount of games and busy, hectic gym atmosphere are similar.

Reaction Score
Because he never scored 111 points in a game!

i just noticed your denham brown reference, my bad.

UConn: “They offered after the academy. They always had a coach watching my practices or games in Houston. They really want me to go in the 2020 class as well. I haven’t established a relationship with head coach Dan Hurley yet, but I have with the assistants. Of course, they play in the Big East which is good. It’s one of the only schools that’s recruiting me who is close to back home in Canada and it’s close to Maryland.They have good basketball history at UConn and have produced good NBA players like Andre Drummond and Charlie Villanueva[???]

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Yes, we are recruiting many Bigs this year - Chief is all smiles.
And a friendly competition shoutout to my friend, Coach DK at MU!

Reaction Score
i just noticed your denham brown reference, my bad.

UConn: “They offered after the academy. They always had a coach watching my practices or games in Houston. They really want me to go in the 2020 class as well. I haven’t established a relationship with head coach Dan Hurley yet, but I have with the assistants. Of course, they play in the Big East which is good. It’s one of the only schools that’s recruiting me who is close to back home in Canada and it’s close to Maryland.They have good basketball history at UConn and have produced good NBA players like Andre Drummond and Charlie Villanueva[???]

It’s interesting that they want him to reclassify to 2020. Obviously not an option if we get Cliff. We should stay on him. If we get Cliff or Cardwell, we can bring him in for 2021. If we miss on those two, I’d imagine he becomes a priority for 2020.

C

Chief00

Both have < Dre like % on FT’s.

pj

Reaction Score

Cliff played 23 mpg, so on a per-minute basis, had 38% more points, 25% more rebounds, 30% better shooting percentage, 86% more blocks.

Brown-Ferguson is a full year younger than Cliff, however.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cliff played 23 mpg, so on a per-minute basis, had 38% more points, 25% more rebounds, 30% better shooting percentage, 86% more blocks.

Brown-Ferguson is a full year younger than Cliff, however.
Completely changes my thinking about this recruitment. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom