Holy Cross fcs
Purdue ( 2-4)
Army (9-3)
Vanderbilt (0-9)
UMass (0-4)
Yale FCS
Middle Tennessee (3-6)

There are possible wins there.
I left out 2-4 Wyoming. My point is that there ought to be say 3 games where we are favorites (UMass HC Yale), 3 where we are huge dogs (guess) and at least right now 3 I’d call stretches Army Purdue, Fresno) and 3 that are winnable. Depending on how things go we might or might not be favored. (MTSU, Vanderbilt, Wyoming). If we could go 3-0 in the wins, 1-2 in the stretch games and 2-1 in the toss ups we would be pretty happy I think. On the other hand if we went 1-11 but beat Clemson I would take it.

Reaction Score
I'm really curious how the QB play will look for us. If some of our QBs were able to work on things over this long break (playbook, fundamentals, etc.), then we might really be pleasantly surprised.

This will be the most difficult undefeated prediction I've ever made... mostly because I can't figure out how many games we'll actually play. 10-0? 13-0? This is tough. But nobody beat us in 2020, so I haven't been wrong about my prediction in years...
QB play (consistent play) is definitely key brother... We won't win much without it...

Reaction Score
QB play (consistent play) is definitely key brother... We won't win much without it...
Usually UCONN has only 1 that is a serviceable QB. I remember when Sheriffs went down snd there was was a big drop off. Hopefully UCONN will get good QB play from multiple players and not have to rely on Rose to be QB.

Reaction Score
Sks has the winning mentality and drive. Comes from a winning high school. His last drive in Hs was a 80 game winning drive in state championship. He showed the leadership of playing UCF injured with a broken clavical stayed in the game even though it was a blow out to try and make the score respectable I mean hey he covered the spread right. All jokes aside that’s the mentality you need under center. Not bow out and give up when the game gets tough, you need that if you get hit in the mouth you are going to keep rollin along.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross, Yale, UMass, and MTSU are must wins. If we have less than 4 wins, Edsall should go.
Agreed all winnable games should be wins with hopefully a couple upsets or Atleast respectable loses. If not the walking papers should be drawn up. It’s been long enough and it’s all his recruits now

Reaction Score
I’m looking for an upset or 2 along the way. I think football teams tend not to make gradual improvements They tend to jump. Edsalls first run was an example but there are a bunch of others. Edsall 1.0 went a few years with 2-3 wins then went 6-6, 9-3. Rutgers in Schianos first run bumped along for 3-4 years then won 7. If you do these rebuilding jobs you face a tough choice. Quick fix or rebuild.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It will be good to get to live sporting events this summer. I expect good food, drink, and in-person conversation, hopefully without masks, with some great friends.

Reaction Score
No one here knows what the team is going to look like. Would have been 2 years since their last game. The team isn't going to resemble anything like the last team that took the field in November 2019. You are telling me Yale game will be close? Based on what? Usually, you can tell if a FBS team is going to struggle vs. and FCS. But, i gotta believe with 2 years of development they can do a little better than a close game.

Reaction Score
No one here knows what the team is going to look like. Would have been 2 years since their last game. The team isn't going to resemble anything like the last team that took the field in November 2019. You are telling me Yale game will be close? Based on what? Usually, you can tell if a FBS team is going to struggle vs. and FCS. But, i gotta believe with 2 years of development they can do a little better than a close game.
I agree with this. I think Holy across and Yale are both comfortable wins. I also expect s will win a few others. It’s a guess but I expect us to beat a couple of the teams we aren’t at this point favored against. Vanderbilt is on my list. Army maybe. They had an odd season last year to say the least. I’m excited for the first time in a while.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. I think Holy across and Yale are both comfortable wins. I also expect s will win a few others. It’s a guess but I expect us to beat a couple of the teams we aren’t at this point favored against. Vanderbilt is on my list. Army maybe. They had an odd season last year to say the least. I’m excited for the first time in a while.
If UConn can't be yale handily, then the team massively underperformed expectations IMO. They should have better talent than Yale.

I know that there are people who want uconn football to struggle against yale, but I just don't see it unless the recruiting is terrible.

Reaction Score
If UConn can't be yale handily, then the team massively underperformed expectations IMO. They should have better talent than Yale.

I know that there are people who want uconn football to struggle against yale, but I just don't see it unless the recruiting is terrible.
I strongly believe that the 2019 Yale team was better than the 2019 UConn team. I saw both in person. Yes, many of the 2021 UConn team will be back, 2 years more physically/mentally mature. Because of that I'm hoping/expecting 2021 UConn will be better than 2021 Yale. However, assuming Yale is one of the best Ivy teams again this year, I expect it will be competitive.

Reaction Score
In 1966 I saw my first UConn - Yale game. Can't remember who won. But back then Yale was the big dog and UConn was the predictable underdog. Fast forward 51 years, and despite all the energy and money expended by UConn's administration and sports department, not to mention the cost of Rentschler, the discussion remains, can UConn beat Yale?

Reaction Score
In 1966 I saw my first UConn - Yale game. Can't remember who won. But back then Yale was the big dog and UConn was the predictable underdog. Fast forward 51 years, and despite all the energy and money expended by UConn's administration and sports department, not to mention the cost of Rentschler, the discussion remains, can UConn beat Yale?
The way I see it, if UConn wins it will lead to a sigh of relief from Randy Edsall and Dave Benedict. If Yale wins, Yale's campus/alumni will celebrate.

Reaction Score
The way I see it, if UConn wins it will lead to a sigh of relief from Randy Edsall and Dave Benedict. If Yale wins, Yale's campus/alumni will celebrate.
Which is always the problem with these games...UConn wins big and they are bullies, close and they are bad and if the lose heaven help us.

Reaction Score
Maybe. Maybe not. It isn’t the opener. I remain hopeful that we have a couple of wins by then.
Agree very much about the openers. It was more with regarding our struggles against the FCS teams on our schedules since Towson.(though they did have a lot of FBS transfers)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
None. Just waiting to see what happens. I hope we come out of the gate looking strong. Losing by 40 to Fresno would be a program killer.

Reaction Score
Agree very much about the openers. It was more with regarding our struggles against the FCS teams on our schedules since Towson.(though they did have a lot of FBS transfers)
We have struggled mightily but managed to pull the games out. I do hope to return to the days when we win those games easily. As far as Yale goes I think people are overrating them a bit. Typically even good FCS teams lack depth and by Late October that begins to show up.

Reaction Score
Which is always the problem with these games...UConn wins big and they are bullies, close and they are bad and if the lose heaven help us.
Agreed, and what a change from years past! In 1965 legendary Yale coach Carm Cozza lost his very first game, 13-6 to UConn, the Eli's first loss to the Huskies in a series that began in 1948. The Yale alumni went nuts, and Cozza questioned whether he should continue coaching. Fortunately for Yale, the players (and athletic director) rallied behind him, he stayed on to embark on a Hall of Fame career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom