2021 Big East Media Day @ MSG | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Big East Media Day @ MSG

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
No reason Sanogo can’t be BE POY. He’s that good.

Reaction Score
I tend to be in the camp of hoping Tyrese dribbled and shot a tennis ball all summer to improve his touch and plays a lot of minutes. He's a beast. Tyrese is our enforcer, our reliable rebounder, a multidimensional defender and he already carries us in games from time to time. I'm hoping for a leap up from Tyrese rather than hoping others take his minutes.
Agreed. Lots of people doubting Tyrese, but Dude is a warrior. Definitely gets a bit lost in certain games but played his best ball when Bouk was out and needed to step up. Sort of a jack of all trades type of player, the type of player you need to be a winning team. Def needs to improve finishing at the rim, FT shooting, and handle/reducing turnovers. He has his sights set on the next level and I've heard he has put in a serious amount of time since last season to improve his skill set. Add in his age, experience and maturity and there is no doubt he will be a much better player this season than last. If he can get anywhere close to 14ppg/8rpg/3apg we have a chance to be REALLY good.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Lots of people doubting Tyrese, but Dude is a warrior. Definitely gets a bit lost in certain games but played his best ball when Bouk was out and needed to step up. Sort of a jack of all trades type of player, the type of player you need to be a winning team. Def needs to improve finishing at the rim, FT shooting, and handle/reducing turnovers. He has his sights set on the next level and I've heard he has put in a serious amount of time since last season to improve his skill set. Add in his age, experience and maturity and there is no doubt he will be a much better player this season than last. If he can get anywhere close to 14ppg/8rpg/3apg we have a chance to be REALLY good.
That's a lot of "Def needs to improve" stuff. Him and Whaley finishing better at the rim (including getting fouled) is worth an additional 3-5 points a game. Improving his handle is the same hope I have for Polley, both do that would make the team pretty unguardable.

Reaction Score
If Cole AND TMart make 2nd team and Sanogo breaks out like we all think this team wins the conference.

Eh I don't see us beating 'Nova no matter what happens, unless we get a fluke championship game where they don't shoot well and we have a hot night from the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Eh I don't see us beating 'Nova no matter what happens, unless we get a fluke championship game where they don't shoot well and we have a hot night from the perimeter.
Eh. Nova was pretty beatable last year, and they lost their clear cut second best player in Earl so we will definitely have an advantage inside. If we can keep Collin in check it should be a very competitive game. Obviously easier said than done, especially with Wright on the other sideline, but I don't think this is an unbeatable Nova team by any means.

Reaction Score
I'm not even saying this has a 50-50 chance of happening, but what if Floyd, Jr becomes a defensive stopper/bodies up Gillespie who loves to post up other gaurds and we defend our way to the BE crown? Of course, we'd have to have enough offense to do it.

Reaction Score
Eh. Nova was pretty beatable last year, and they lost their clear cut second best player in Earl so we will definitely have an advantage inside. If we can keep Collin in check it should be a very competitive game. Obviously easier said than done, especially with Wright on the other sideline, but I don't think this is an unbeatable Nova team by any means.

Fair point--I was thinking JR Earl was still around. I think they're a clear cut above us... in a 7 game series, I don't think we win. But when the championship is one game, we stand a chance. Our biggest advantage is Sanogo and our offensive reboudning.

I'm going to need to see a more adaptable in-game coaching style from Hurley to believe that we can beat Jay Wright. He's going to pinch every possession out of a mismatch, change his defense to keep you confused, prioritize shooters, etc... he's a guy that adapts to your adaptations mid-game. I'm not sure Hurley has that in his tanks yet.

Reaction Score
Fair point--I was thinking JR Earl was still around. I think they're a clear cut above us... in a 7 game series, I don't think we win. But when the championship is one game, we stand a chance. Our biggest advantage is Sanogo and our offensive reboudning.

I'm going to need to see a more adaptable in-game coaching style from Hurley to believe that we can beat Jay Wright. He's going to pinch every possession out of a mismatch, change his defense to keep you confused, prioritize shooters, etc... he's a guy that adapts to your adaptations mid-game. I'm not sure Hurley has that in his tanks yet.
I agree Jay Wright is the biggest advantage they have. Bouk was scoring at will the first of that game last year, and once Nova started doubling we had no answers. One of the biggest mysteries of last year was how they never figured out how to get easy buckets when teams would literally double and triple team Bouk.

Reaction Score
Does McDermott own a suit? Someone didn’t get the memo.
He lives in Nebraska. We're lucky he didn't come dressed like this.

overalls GIF

Reaction Score
The Connecticut Post has RJ Cole and Tyrese Martin on the All big east second team and Adama Sanogo on the all big east honorable mention. What do y'all think of that?

Reaction Score
The Connecticut Post has RJ Cole and Tyrese Martin on the All big east second team and Adama Sanogo on the all big east honorable mention. What do y'all think of that?
The Big East coaches voted on that. Not the Connecticut Post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom