2021-22 Player Highlights: Samson Johnson | The Boneyard

2021-22 Player Highlights: Samson Johnson

Reaction Score
Thanks for reminding me about his open court play and fluidity. I had been retaining in my head the times he got backed down for lack of strength, and just mixed up on defensive assignments. Being reminded of the positives is pleasant. I'll also say at Patricks with Sanogo, he was the designated 3 point shooter a la Polley, and took several in the games I saw him in person. His success rate was probably in the 33% to 35% range like most players. He played more down low his senior year. I have viewed him like a freshman Donyell who shot about the same, lacked strength, but had off the ball shot blocking. Samson might be overall faster and more fluid, but we'll see if he can accomplish as much with his opportunity. Donyell was best blocking shots off the ball with a true center playing the post. I think Samson would thrive best that way too. (Clips also showed Diggins and Springs well)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No offense to Samson, but the volume's a little low. This is what immediately came to mind:

In seriousness, the steal & dunk @ 0:40 and the reverse layup towards the end were very nice.

Reaction Score
Thanks @tcf15!

Some things in that video that got me excited:
  • I forgot how quickly Samson can move
  • His movement without the basketball was pretty good
Watching this highlight real makes him remind me a bit of Seton Hall's Tray Jackson:
  • Similar body types
    • Jackson is 6'10 210 (but two years older)
    • Johnson is 6'10 200
  • Very athletic
  • Both have the ability to stretch the floor (however, I don't expect Johnson to reach Jackson's efficiency (39.5 3p% last season). Johnson is a much better rim protector, though (Jackson w/ just 11 career blocks).

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah this has me excited for how Johnson can be after a year in the weight room. Need some more above the rim guys like him. If he can shoot it we can be very very dangerous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom