2021-2022 UConn Men’s Hockey | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2021-2022 UConn Men’s Hockey

Reaction Score
Levi was unreal last weekend, that’s for sure. Need to get 2 this week, which is doable, then make some noise in the Tourney. Get to the Garden.

Reaction Score
BU's loss to BC Sunday elevated our probability of a top four finish (assuming sweep of VT) from 55% to 65%.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just want this team to finally make the playoffs after teasing it in the past. The sweep hurt. If they sweep UVM, what do they need to do in the HE Tourney to get in?

Reaction Score
I just want this team to finally make the playoffs after teasing it in the past. The sweep hurt. If they sweep UVM, what do they need to do in the HE Tourney to get in?
They need to make it to the TD Bank Garden to have a chance at the NCAA tournament. Only 16 get in so It is a very difficult tournament to make.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Fact of the matter is that while Cav has some big wins at UConn, he has NEVER won a big game at UConn when it mattered. Hockey East playoff record backs that up. Will probably have to win out and get to HE final to get to #15 in Pairwise (#16 doesn't matter because Atlantic Hockey steals a bid), and hope there are no other upsets in conference tournements. The Ice Bus wont ever be validated as a real hockey school without an NCAA appearance.

Reaction Score
They need to make it to the TD Bank Garden to have a chance at the NCAA tournament. Only 16 get in so It is a very difficult tournament to make.

There are only 59 schools that are playing men's ice hockey in Division 1 this season, which is why only 16 teams get into the NCAA Tournament.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Almost certainly need to win it. Outside shot otherwise but would need a lot of help. Last spot is probably going to a HE team and unfortunately other NE has a lock on being ahead of us in the Pairwise. Top 14 will make it after auto bids.

1646175726562.png

Reaction Score
Fact of the matter is that while Cav has some big wins at UConn, he has NEVER won a big game at UConn when it mattered. Hockey East playoff record backs that up. Will probably have to win out and get to HE final to get to #15 in Pairwise (#16 doesn't matter because Atlantic Hockey steals a bid), and hope there are no other upsets in conference tournements. The Ice Bus wont ever be validated as a real hockey school without an NCAA appearance.
I believe they have already proved they are a real hockey school. They’ve had a terrific season. Coach Cav has done a very good job with this group. The kids play hard and with effort every game. I have no complaints. The games are entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

Reaction Score
How the hell do you figure that.
Not only a positive that northeastern lost but Cav can say to them don’t assume you’ll beat VT.

Reaction Score
UVM is gonna be tough this wknd.
No guarantees of a sweep or even a win.

Huge win for UVM and this year we’ve played like crap @ home compared to on the road.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Almost certainly need to win it. Outside shot otherwise but would need a lot of help. Last spot is probably going to a HE team and unfortunately other NE has a lock on being ahead of us in the Pairwise. Top 14 will make it after auto bids.

View attachment 73905

Is the Pairwise impacted by games played? PC seems to have played 5 more than us. I'll be bummed if this team once again knocks on the door without closing out the games to finally get in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom