2020 UConn O-Line | The Boneyard

2020 UConn O-Line

Reaction Score
Really think this year we can see a big jump in production on the field... We seem to finally have some playmakers coming into their own (Mensah, Ross, Drayton, Rose...etc).

However, my biggest concern is that these new weapons will be voided if the OLine doesn't get sorted out. A lot of transfers from this group... Anyone have an educated guess who will be our starting 5?

LT:
LG:
C:
RG:
RT:

???

Reaction Score
Really think this year we can see a big jump in production on the field... We seem to finally have some playmakers coming into their own (Mensah, Ross, Drayton, Rose...etc).

However, my biggest concern is that these new weapons will be voided if the OLine doesn't get sorted out. A lot of transfers from this group... Anyone have an educated guess who will be our starting 5?

I’ll take a swing at it...,

LT: Van Demark
LG: Haynes
C: Walker Or Rooney.
RG: neidrowski
RT: Wyant or lundt. There might be some competition between them

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ll take a swing at it...,

LT: Van Demark
LG: Haines
C: Walker Or Rooney.
RG: neidrowski
RT: Wyant or lundt. There might be some competition between them
Absent of any info about how specific players are looking so far in spring practice, this sounds about right.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Van Demark LT
Niederowski LG
Rooney or Walker at C
Haynes RG
Wyant or Lundt RT

This is subject to change but this is the group as of February 2020. Van Demark, Niderowski and Haynes all played a lot last year and should have the best shot at starting. Rooney and Lundt RS and Walker and Wyant are JUCOs. There is talent behind them just have to be physically ready.

Initially I was upset when we had the guys leave but then I thought about all the 3 and 1's we couldn't convert and I felt better about the guys coming in.

Reaction Score
Going to be a huge issue - aside from Van Denmark there is nothing but questions. Hope a few can step up.

Reaction Score
Van Demark LT
Niederowski LG
Rooney or Walker at C
Haynes RG
Wyant or Lundt RT

This is subject to change but this is the group as of February 2020. Van Demark, Niderowski and Haynes all played a lot last year and should have the best shot at starting. Rooney and Lundt RS and Walker and Wyant are JUCOs. There is talent behind them just have to be physically ready.

Initially I was upset when we had the guys leave but then I thought about all the 3 and 1's we couldn't convert and I felt better about the guys coming in.
When I think about all the 3 and 1's we couldn't convert I would have feel better if there were a whole bunch of new coaches coming in to fix it.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
When I think about all the 3 and 1's we couldn't convert I would have feel better if there were a whole bunch of new coaches coming in to fix it.
Coaches don't fire off the ball. They scheme, the teach technique but they can't instill pride and nastiness. We missed on all kinds of 3rd and 1. QB sneaks, deep handoffs, etc. The line was decent with pass protection but did not have the nasty side to pancake guys and move on to the next level.

Reaction Score
If the JUCO's Wyant and Walker aren't legit, I could see this unit being very very poor.

The younger guys just aren't physically ready imo. Tough for a 19yr old 2star recruit to be ready to play D1... not their fault, just need realistic... they need time to mature.

Reaction Score
You’re like the old record with a scratch. Do u tire of posting the same thing over and over?
Wait. 68 is not a part of the boneyard app programmed to insert the same comment whenever a new thread is posted to drive continued activity?

Reaction Score
If the JUCO's Wyant and Walker aren't legit, I could see this unit being very very poor.

The younger guys just aren't physically ready imo. Tough for a 19yr old 2star recruit to be ready to play D1... not their fault, just need realistic... they need time to mature.
Let’s give them a chance before we say they aren’t ready. Van de mark started as freshman and was outstanding

Reaction Score
Let’s give them a chance before we say they aren’t ready. Van de mark started as freshman and was outstanding
Personally, I'm excited about this OL... No way we go into this next phase in worse shape than we were in the past 3 years...

Reaction Score

Van Denmark was not outstanding as a freshmen, not sure where you are getting that. Starting freshmen on the o and d line is a recipe for disaster.

Reaction Score
Van Denmark was not outstanding as a freshmen, not sure where you are getting that. Starting freshmen on the o and d line is a recipe for disaster.
Veteran Redshirt senior Tommy Hopkins was taken out after Vandemark’s second game his freshman year. that’s pretty outstanding as a skinny 265 pound kid.. and he never lost the position from that point on.,

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Veteran Redshirt senior Tommy Hopkins was taken out after Vandemark’s second game his freshman year. that’s pretty outstanding as a skinny 265 pound kid.. and he never lost the position from that point on.,

Part of that was Hopkins being unable to move at all due to his multiple surgeries.

Reaction Score
Part of that was Hopkins being unable to move at all due to his multiple surgeries.
Yes true but they could have put in a kid with more experience than VanDemark and they decided to just throw him in there. Had to be a more experienced player than a freshman but In Edsall we trust and it worked out good for Van Demark., now a senior and one of our more experienced players..

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom