2020 UConn Football Commit/Transfer - Kevin Dunn (Berlin CT) | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Football Commit/Transfer - Kevin Dunn (Berlin CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

>>“Growing up in Connecticut my whole life and playing football, it’s one of those dreams you hope for,” Dunn told The Herald. “And some things fell into place and I got to take action with that and do it.”

Dunn will join the Huskies as a wide receiver after spending last season with Sacred Heart, a member of the Northeast Conference, which plays at a division lower than UConn does.<<

>>...But for as much as he has to do and get to know over the coming months, Dunn has been working all summer to make sure that transitions continues to go as smoothly as possible. Dunn spent time this offseason working on his route running and fine tuning other small details with former UConn and current Green Bay Packers quarterback Tim Boyle. “Tim and [Berlin assistant football coach] Max DeLorenzo were at UConn together for a year I think and they stayed in touch and one day Max just hit me up and was like, ‘Hey do you want to throw with Tim and get some work in?’ and I was all for that, to work with somebody at that level,” Dunn said. <<

>>“It’s a lot different,” Dunn said of working with an NFL quarterback. “Those first couple of slant routes really get up on you real quick and definitely took some time to get used to, but towards the end, it was great work. I got used to the ball speed, which was a big thing. I was able to work on my hands and my route running. At that level, the routes have to be so exact, so it make me focus on route depth and how many steps and when to get my head around.”<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom