2020 UConn Football Commit - Devontae Houston (Roanoke,Alabama) | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Football Commit - Devontae Houston (Roanoke,Alabama)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Houston has a bust out year as a senior.
Curious to see if we play him as a RB, WR or even as a CB.

Reaction Score
Do you think someone at Alabama calls Spanos & says ... Alabama HS kid deserves a schollie & will produce at your level !

Reaction Score
Welcome Devontae. The speed you show on your highlight video reminds me of Darius Butler who was a star cornerback at UConn, who also played as a wideout on some important plays, and then went on to a career in the NFL.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I know he isn't the biggest player but how is someone who runs as fast as he does not get a sniff from others looking for speed.

Just read this
But no one in the next line of Handley Tigers can do what Devontae Houston can. That 4.4 speed that Strain was reluctant to publicize? It was verified last summer at a college scouting camp at Troy University, where Houston ran under 4.4 twice in front the scouts there.

Welcome to Storrs, Devontae

Reaction Score
He reminds me of what Adrian Killins (UCF) is and can be for us here. He literally changes the game for UCF with his speed. No 3rd and long is safe for the defense with guys like this

Reaction Score
I think he sticks at running back. No way you can keep that speed off the field on offense. He has home run/take it to the house type speed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know he isn't the biggest player but how is someone who runs as fast as he does not get a sniff from others looking for speed.

Just read this
But no one in the next line of Handley Tigers can do what Devontae Houston can. That 4.4 speed that Strain was reluctant to publicize? It was verified last summer at a college scouting camp at Troy University, where Houston ran under 4.4 twice in front the scouts there.

Welcome to Storrs, Devontae

Because the south has plenty of kids who run his speed or near to his speed with more height and weight. You aren't going to see Bama or Auburn offer a 165 lbs running back too often. I would have thought Southern Miss, South Alabama or Troy would have given him a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom