2020 UConn Commit Jonathan Senecal to Univ. of Montreal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Commit Jonathan Senecal to Univ. of Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I said cancelling the season would hurt us and now it begins. The SEC and Big12 are just going to get stronger by playing and be less of a risk attending cuz the recruit knows they will have seasons.

Just wait until there is 1 death due to covid - a player, a coach, a concessionaire, a fan.... then the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 (and AAC... LOL) will at best look like the money grubbing conferences they are and at worst will lose millions in a wrongful death suit .... and most likely will not complete an otherwise meaningless season.

In the meantime, recruits will know exactly which schools place their health above money.

Stick to calling MBB recruits chief...

Reaction Score
We couldn’t have manned up and made a brand statement by playing - but didn’t.
Of all the stupid you say and yes there is an endless list daily this could be the absolute stupidest. This isn’t the time to prove your a tough guy. Idc what you’re stupid graphs or pie charts say there are more important things in life then college sports. As much as I love and live for being a fan and supporting my teams now is the time to make smart and rational decisions not time to ‘man up and make a brand statement’. I know we bicker and most of it’s in good fun and jest but get a grip here man.

Reaction Score
We couldn’t have manned up and made a brand statement by playing - but didn’t.
As an independent, can you please list who we would have played to make the season worth it? And I don’t want banter back, reply with a list of games and then tell me you still believe your statement is true.

Reaction Score
One thing to remember with this kid. He is an incoming freshman who is already 20 years old and turning 21 this fall. Thus, if he redshirted this year, he would have turned 22 as a redshirt freshman and would be graduating as a 25 year old. With COVID, his injuries, and his age, I would think he rethought his decision to play football at UConn.

Reaction Score
One thing to remember with this kid. He is an incoming freshman who is already 20 years old and turning 21 this fall. Thus, if he redshirted this year, he would have turned 22 as a redshirt freshman and would be graduating as a 25 year old. With COVID, his injuries, and his age, I would think he rethought his decision to play football at UConn.

why would his age matter?

Reaction Score
At some point in your life, you have to get on with life after football. Or, if he has ambitions to play Canadian pro football after college, it would be better to complete your first pro season before you are 26 years old.

Reaction Score
At some point in your life, you have to get on with life after football. Or, if he has ambitions to play Canadian pro football after college, it would be better to complete your first pro season before you are 26 years old.
Completing your first pro season at 26 is better than never playing pro to begin with.

At some point in your life, you have to accept that what you think is best for someone doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
5 to play 4 rule? I assume that would be the case here. I don't know how BYU gets away with it unless they get some kind of religious exemption. I'm not that knowledgeable regarding all of the eligibility rules.

Reaction Score

completely disagree.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We manned up and cancelled before the lemmings started. We care about our players, that's our "brand statement." The ACC lies to their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom