2020 UConn Commit - Durante Jones (Atlanta Georgia) | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Commit - Durante Jones (Atlanta Georgia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per a Putterman Courant article (I usually wait for the student athlete to announce before posting but it’s public now):

Durante Jones is a 6-2 170lb DB from Mays High School in Atlanta Georgia. Other offers from Akron, ArkState, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Colorado State, Delaware State, Eastern Tennessee State, Howard, Kansas, Kent State, Kentucky, Liberty, Marshall, Ohio, South Alabama, Tennessee State, Toledo, Troy, UAB (Decommitted 11/25), UNLV, Western Michigan and BC.

Highlights

Reaction Score
Per a Putterman Courant article (I usually wait for the student athlete to announce before posting but it’s public now):

Durante Jones is a 6-2 170lb DB from Mays High School in Atlanta Georgia. Other offers from Akron, ArkState, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Colorado State, Delaware State, Eastern Tennessee State, Howard, Kansas, Kent State, Kentucky, Liberty, Marshall, Ohio, South Alabama, Tennessee State, Toledo, Troy, UAB (Decommitted 11/25), UNLV, Western Michigan and BC.

Highlights
Holy crap. This kid had decent offers. What the heck is Randy selling? I’m thinking playing time which every kid wants right away and a better schedule?

Reaction Score
Nice Get! According to 247 he would be our 2nd highest rated recruit.
1580153848827.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Jones could be a key cog for this team in the years ahead. I think the expectation is that he is a starter by the middle of the 2021 season (maybe sooner). He has the size and tenacity.

Btw - looks like he plays some baseball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He was very active on twitter, now seems too have gone real quiet.

Reaction Score
What the heck is Randy selling? I’m thinking playing time which every kid wants right away and a better schedule?

Yup and Yup, and don't discount the number of kids coached by Randy who have done well in the NFL, at the end of the day what these kids want more than anything is to be coached up to their highest potential.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Durante!!! :cool:

(and screw BC...)

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Awesome! This young man is going to excel at UCONN! You made the right choice, sir!

Reaction Score
Great to see kids making smart moves looking for PT at high quality schools like UConn.

Reaction Score

>>"I didn’t go into the visit planning to commit because I had to choose between two schools, but on the visit I was blown away with what Connecticut has to offer, the turn around that is going on and what’s about to go on up there," said Jones.

Jones said Connecticut beat out Boston College, UNC Charlotte and Wake Forest.

The Huskies came on strong last month and that played a role in his decision too. "I have been talking to them since August, but they kind of turned it up in December right after the early signing. I started to think Connecticut could be the school for me after the back to back home visits.

"They came prepared and they have kept it real with me since day one. They never had me guessing. Everything they said, they did. Even when I was visiting Power 5 schools, they still hit me up constantly and the opportunity to come in and takeover is what really did it."<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom