2020 UConn Commit #12 Jhaylin Embry (Jacksonville Florida) > Decommitted 12/11/19 | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Commit #12 Jhaylin Embry (Jacksonville Florida) > Decommitted 12/11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kid can cut, kid can catch, kid has speed and bonus, kid can punt too. See the last two plays of his senior highlight tape. Surprising he doesn’t have more offers.... FL diamond.

The short pass he catches over the middle and takes to the house at the 35 second mark, WOW. SPEEEEEEEEEEED KILLS son. Let's get it. This dude with Cam Ross and Matt Drayton, the. defense is going to have some. problems.

Reaction Score
Cool the jets. We'll see. Afterall his only other offer was UMass. Would like to see better programs interested.

Reaction Score
Eh. Let's try and not be dicks in this thread. Let's save that for the Randy threads.

Point taken. But a look back three, four, five years and we see the announcements for kids that are 1-11'ing, 2-10'ing for the Huskies now. Recruiting has been a problem, hope this kid is a step out of that hole.

Reaction Score
Cool the jets. We'll see. Afterall his only other offer was UMass. Would like to see better programs interested.
Sandalwood is a top high school football program loaded with FBS talent. There are 2 4*s on the roster, QB committed to FSU and CB committed to Alabama. They have 2 WRs committed to FBS schools, Kinsey to Bowling Green and Embry to UConn. By the way, UConn recruited Kinsey and it appears he did an official visit in June. Kinsey is rated 3*s and he is 6'4", 205 lbs.

Based on the stats that I saw, neither Embry nor Kinsey were among the top receivers in 2018. The top 3 from 2018: 1 at JC, 1 at Florida A&M, and 1 playing baseball at North Florida. Thus, I would say Embry was under the radar.

The stats I saw for 2019 show:

Embry: 41 catches, 675 yards, 9 TDs, 16.5 ypc
Kinsey: 33 catches, 440 yards, 6 TDs, 13.3 ypc.

The UMass coach, Walt Bell was the OC at Florida St. and recruited the Sandalwood QB which is probably why he knew about Embry.

Thus, I would say Embry was an under the radar recruit that popped up this year which is why he was under recruited.

Reaction Score
I like that he is a track star as well.
His Long Jump is 22'5"
His Pole Vault is 13'3.5"
Triple Jump is 43'11.5"

The quarterback is a 4 star going to FSU.
For now... With the coaching change maybe (by some miracle) we give it shot and jump in the mix for that kid's services...

Reaction Score
Sandalwood is a top high school football program loaded with FBS talent. There are 2 4*s on the roster, QB committed to FSU and CB committed to Alabama. They have 2 WRs committed to FBS schools, Kinsey to Bowling Green and Embry to UConn. By the way, UConn recruited Kinsey and it appears he did an official visit in June. Kinsey is rated 3*s and he is 6'4", 205 lbs.

Based on the stats that I saw, neither Embry nor Kinsey were among the top receivers in 2018. The top 3 from 2018: 1 at JC, 1 at Florida A&M, and 1 playing baseball at North Florida. Thus, I would say Embry was under the radar.

The stats I saw for 2019 show:

Embry: 41 catches, 675 yards, 9 TDs, 16.5 ypc
Kinsey: 33 catches, 440 yards, 6 TDs, 13.3 ypc.

The UMass coach, Walt Bell was the OC at Florida St. and recruited the Sandalwood QB which is probably why he knew about Embry.

Thus, I would say Embry was an under the radar recruit that popped up this year which is why he was under recruited.

UConn also offered Sandalwood RB Kyjuan Herndon who committed to Ole Miss.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looks like 100 other HS receivers in Florida. Not meant as disrespect. There is so much talent at most schools very good players don't get a chance to he the man until senior season. It's very easy to find legit D1 players without major offers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll add characteristics of RE recruits include service academy offers and track performers.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We need speed and athleticism like I need beers at tailgating. Welcome aboard Jhaylin.

Reaction Score
Looks like 100 other HS receivers in Florida. Not meant as disrespect. There is so much talent at most schools very good players don't get a chance to he the man until senior season. It's very easy to find legit D1 players without major offers.
There are more d1 prospects in Florida every year than there are d1 scholarships available in the state. And when there are that many some will be missed and others will be under rated. My nephews school a few years ago had more d1 scholarship players on the team than were found in Connecticut. One school. 8 defensive players.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There are more d1 prospects in Florida every year than there are d1 scholarships available in the state. And when there are that many some will be missed and others will be under rated. My nephews school a few years ago had more d1 scholarship players on the team than were found in Connecticut. One school. 8 defensive players.

See it every week with HS football in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom