2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 81 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
So, was Wortham the 2d or 3d signal? I keep thinking we are getting one more today??

Reaction Score
So, was Wortham the 2d or 3d signal? I keep thinking we are getting one more today??
I would agree we got more commits than the two announced today... who knows when the other kid(s) will make it public.

Reaction Score
I sure hope the last 2 are Durante Jones and either LB Manns or another LB none of us are aware of or slightly aware of but overlooked.

Reaction Score
I sure hope the last 2 are Durante Jones and either LB Manns or another LB none of us are aware of or slightly aware of but overlooked.

Manns is out... didn’t appear to be offered and headed to Western Carolina.

Reaction Score
Aren't we still waiting on a few more commitments to be announced?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Putterman decided to pull the cover off the two unannounced commits. Is this good judgement? Unless the kids have told you this is okay to do, I don't think the state's largest paper should be doing this....but hey.

• Remon Young, an offensive lineman from Colquitt County, Ga., announced his commitment Saturday, choosing UConn over Murray State, Savannah State and other mostly lower-level programs.
  • Devontae Houston, a multi-position athlete from Roanoke, Ala., announced his commitment Sunday afternoon. Houston’s other offers appeared to come from lower-level schools.
  • Tre Wortham, a defensive back who’ll transfer from Delta College, announced his commitment Sunday afternoon as well. He becomes the third junior-college transfer in the Huskies’ class.
  • LB - name withheld here
  • CB - name withheld here

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Putterman decided to pull the cover off the two unannounced commits. Is this good judgement? Unless the kids have told you this is okay to do, I don't think the state's largest paper should be doing this....but hey.

• Remon Young, an offensive lineman from Colquitt County, Ga., announced his commitment Saturday, choosing UConn over Murray State, Savannah State and other mostly lower-level programs.
  • Devontae Houston, a multi-position athlete from Roanoke, Ala., announced his commitment Sunday afternoon. Houston’s other offers appeared to come from lower-level schools.
  • Tre Wortham, a defensive back who’ll transfer from Delta College, announced his commitment Sunday afternoon as well. He becomes the third junior-college transfer in the Huskies’ class.
  • LB - name withheld here
  • CB - name withheld here

I think if kids waited this long to make their announcement then let them make it themselves. For some, the original signing day is still pretty sacred. Regardless I think HCRE did a great job recruiting and to be honest it might be his best one since he got back.

Reaction Score
I think if kids waited this long to make their announcement then let them make it themselves. For some, the original signing day is still pretty sacred. Regardless I think HCRE did a great job recruiting and to be honest it might be his best one since he got back.
If you go by ranking, it's pretty apparent its his best class since coming back.

Reaction Score
Looks like it's a wrap onto 2021.

UConn football added five new commits to its 2020 recruiting class this weekend, off-setting the loss of several older players who will leave the program.
  • Tui Brown, a linebacker from Monroeville, Penn., has also committed to UConn, according to a source. Rated as a 3-star recruit on 247Sports, Brown also had offers from Buffalo, Navy, Air Force and several other FBS schools.
  • Durante Jones, a defensive back from Atlanta, has chosen UConn as well, per a source. Jones, also a 3-star prospect, had offers from Boston College, Kansas, Toledo and others.
With those five additions, UConn is up to 25 members of its 2020 class, the maximum allowable under NCAA rules. The five new additions will presumably sign letters of intent on Feb. 5, joining the 20 players who did so during the early signing period back in December.
UConn’s class ranks No. 82 nationally according to Rivals.com, which has not yet factored in the recent commitments.

Reaction Score
2020 UConn Offer/Commit List (click on commit's name link for Highlights)
  1. Tyrik McDaniel (DB/WR) - Dutch Fork High School, Irmo South Carolina (ODU Commit 9/29/19>Decommit 11/14/19)
  2. Micheal Holmes (DB/WR) - Camden County High School, Kingsland Georgia (CMU Commit 11/25/19>Decommit 12/15/19)
  3. Nahree Biggins (WR/SB/DB) - Hillside High School, Hillside New Jersey (Temple Commit 5/30/19>Decommit 7/10/19)
  4. Jamel Potts (DB/WR) - American Heritage School, Delray Beach Florida
  5. Andre Fuller (DB) - Seminole Ridge High School, Loxahatchee Florida
  6. Chad Williams (OLB/DE) - McArthur High School, Hollywood Florida
  7. Giovanni Davis (DL) - Dr. Michael Krop High School, Norland Florida (Miami-Dade)
  8. Ra'Mello Dotson (DB) - Mainland High School, Daytona Beach Florida (UConn Commit 6/1/19>Decommit 6/2/19)
  9. James Pogorelc (OL) - Chantilly High School, Chantilly Virginia
  10. Mi'Quel Coward (Ath/DB/WR) - Niceville High School, Niceville Florida
  11. Eric Young (RB/SB/Athlete - Pine Forest High School, Pensacola Florida
  12. Jhalyn Shuler (LB) - Abbeville High School, Abbeville South Carolina
  13. A'maar Allen (DL/OL) - Central Catholic High School, Pittsburgh PA
  14. A'meer Allen (DE) - Central Catholic High School, Pittsburgh PA
  15. Joshua Guilford (WR) - Seminole High School, Sanford Florida.
  16. Owen Snively (DL/TE/OL) - Tilton School, Tilton New Hampshire
  17. Khiyon Wafer (WR) - Independence High School, Frisco Texas
  18. Tui Brown (LB/WR) - Gateway High School, Monroeville PA
  19. Kaedric Cobbs (RB) - Guyer High School, Denton Texas
  20. Ennis Rakestraw (DB) - Duncanville High School, Duncanville Texas
you can delete 18 ;)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Had a UConn offer at one time. Was rumored to be a Rutty lean. Maybe he has decided to follow Adazio.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Only if Nilay, the LS, is a scholly, which I hope he is not. Personally, I would love it if we left one spot open for a xfr.
Putterman is correct. With Brown and Jones we are at the cap amount of 25 new scholarship kids and that's with Nilay as a PWO.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Could be 2021 work but also the school of 2020 WR Khiyon Wafer.

I wonder if we are going to keep tabs on some of these kids post 2/4 in case some cap relief is passed this spring/summer.

Reaction Score
I still think bringing in one more QB will help us, if we can somehow make that happen around the start of Fall semester

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom