2020 OOC Schedule? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 OOC Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The difference next year is that home town fans now have 10 quality/relevant Big East teams vs 3 quality/relevant AAC schools.
Yup. The thing that still bothers me about the AAC is that we play the meat of our schedule in November and December. This means most of the good home games take place before Christmas. We obviously played Wichita yesterday at home, but the next “big” game at home is Memphis on February 16th, then after that its probably Houston on March 5th. I will say that attendance is probably the best its been in a few years. There was a great crowd vs Wichita yesterday, and there was also a good sized crowd in Hartford for the game vs NJIT. The 10,000 that showed up to the NJIT game says a lot about the fan base.

Reaction Score
the next “big” game at home is Memphis on February 16th

It's Cincinnati the week before on 2/9 (from the ticket website it looks like Gampel will be a sellout), then Memphis the week after. Should be two great games back to back weekends. But your point still stands.

Reaction Score
Some Saturday night games would be nice again. Especially in Hartford. Is the Big East going to make this possible?

Reaction Score
Some Saturday night games would be nice again. Especially in Hartford. Is the Big East going to make this possible?

Number of Big East games on Saturday night for the rest of the season (compared to the total number of Big East Saturday games): 0/4, 0/2, 0/4, 2/4, 2/3, 1/3, 1/3, 2/5.

Reaction Score
Amore tweeted out today that they may still participate in the Never Forget Tribute in Newark, but that it's up in the air as it sounds like the opponent (not named) we were supposed to play backed out. Mention we could replace it with a home/home.

Reaction Score
Amore tweeted out today that they may still participate in the Never Forget Tribute in Newark, but that it's up in the air as it sounds like the opponent (not named) we were supposed to play backed out. Mention we could replace it with a home/home.
Hope we get a high profile home and home. We are already playing a ton of games in the NYC/NJ area.

Also be cool to see us do something in the Boston area in the next few years.

Reaction Score
Hope we get a high profile home and home. We are already playing a ton of games in the NYC/NJ area.

There had been some talk before the season of Hurley/Penny setting up a home and home. Between us and the women, we need to play four series with American teams as part of our exit from the league. Wonder if that could be looked at for next year.

Reaction Score
There had been some talk before the season of Hurley/Penny setting up a home and home. Between us and the women, we need to play four series with American teams as part of our exit from the league. Wonder if that could be looked at for next year.
You’re probably right. I forgot about the aac games.

Reaction Score
But that means we have to play on that god awful court again

Reaction Score

There should be a New England classic in the Garden with us, BC, PC and UMass every year.

Reaction Score
IDK - I travel a lot on business and the areas that are growing are in the AAC footprint. Eventually that is going to factor into things verses the areas people are leaving in droves.
So Chief. Are you saying we should have stayed in the AAC?

Reaction Score
Fun facts about those games:

* High Point is coached by Tubby Smith
* Siena is clearly the best team in the MAAC, but Monmouth could very well be the 2nd best team. Lots of their players returning and we all know they gave us a scare last time we played them. King Rice is another fun coach to watch.

Reaction Score
the games against highpoint and monmouth are exactly what the new scheduling rules are meant to stop. no more cupcake home games masquerading as part of a MTE.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
C

Chief00

The seeming lack of ability by the decision makers to differentiate between a good schedule and a good home schedule is disconcerting to this season ticket holder. They need to start applying that home filter in both football and MBB. When Benedict discusses scheduling he rarely if ever brings up the home schedule filter.

Reaction Score
The seeming lack of ability by the decision makers to differentiate between a good schedule and a good home schedule is disconcerting to this season ticket holder. They need to start applying that home filter in both football and MBB. When Benedict discusses scheduling he rarely if ever brings up the home schedule filter.
Even when I agree with you, your post manages to annoy me. Well done sir!

C

Chief00

Even when I agree with you, your post manages to annoy me. Well done sir!
Just curious, why does that post annoy you? I have taken the Myers Briggs personality type test a few times as part of team building exercises and I am always far in the analytical side (INTP). So if you have a “feeling” type personality that could annoy you? There’s no right or wrong type - just different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Just curious, why does that post annoy you? I have taken the Myers Briggs personality type test a few times as part of team building exercises and I am always far in the analytical side (INTP). So if you have a “feeling” type personality that could annoy you? There’s no right or wrong type - just different.
It's that you seem to imply you have sat at the table with the AD while scheduling discussions were being held. If that is the case, it's an annoying humble brag. If it's a lie, it's obvious why that is annoying.

C

Chief00

It's that you seem to imply you have sat at the table with the AD while scheduling discussions were being held. If that is the case, it's an annoying humble brag. If it's a lie, it's obvious why that is annoying.
I was referring to interviews in which he discussed scheduling. But, that’s consistent with how he talks about it in smaller group’s/private settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom