29 - Mark Williams
46 - Cliff Omoruyi
49 - Andre Jackson
53 - Andre Curbelo
54 - Hassan Diarra
82 - Demarr Langford
86 - Jaylin Williams
94 - Kadary Richmond
Nice to see Richmond crack the top 100. He's very underrated.

Reaction Score
17 - Cam Thomas
29 - Mark Williams
46 - Cliff Omoruyi
49 - Andre Jackson
53 - Andre Curbelo
54 - Hassan Diarra
82 - Demarr Langford
86 - Jaylin Williams

94 - Kadary Richmond

is this an accurate picture?

plus:
geronimo, cardwell, and maybe brown-ferguson in the top 150

Reaction Score
Any word on how we stand with Richmond? Is he more of a backup plan to Thomas, or Jackson?

Reaction Score
Any word on how we stand with Richmond? Is he more of a backup plan to Thomas, or Jackson?

i think
richmond is a backup to cam
geronimo is a backup to jackson
cardwell is a backup to cliff but we'll take the first to commit (or gethro or ferguson)

but richmond is also 6'5. even though he's a combo guard he could play as the nominal SF in three-guard lineups like bouk potentially

in other words, if we get a center and cam, i'd be happy with geronimo or richmond as the 3rd signing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice to see Richmond crack the top 100. He's very underrated.
From another article from ESPN breaking down the new rankings.

Which new members of the ESPN 100 do we expect to keep moving up?

Other newcomers, both to the ESPN 100 and the class as a whole, appear on our list after opting for a postgraduate year that took them from 2019 to 2020. The two most notable examples are Jalen Bridges (No. 72) and Kadary Richmond (No. 94). Bridges is a skilled perimeter forward and evolving athlete who can double as a big wing and face-up 4. Richmond is an ultra-versatile big guard with loads of versatility and playmaking ability with the ball in his hands. He debuts in the back end of the 100 but has the natural tools and talent to continue rising if he can utilize his extra year to become more consistent with his approach and production.

Reaction Score
Diarra just keeps rising in the rankings...

I know we have depth at PG, but we’re going to miss on him big time. He has that toughness and grit we need, and we’ll be wishing we had him in 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
I know we have depth at PG, but we’re going to miss on him big time. He has that toughness and grit we need, and we’ll be wishing we had him in 2-3 years.
I get what you're saying, but I'm not worried about ever looking back and missing a guard. That's one area we've never lacked talent

Reaction Score
yeah at first i agreed with most that hurley shouldnt be recruiting a PG like diarra or curbelo...but now we are down to 6 top 150 targets and more and more people are speculating this is gilberts last season

Even without Gilbert after next season we will have 2.5 PGs on the roster with a combined 7 years of PG eligibility remaining. And Gilbert could stay another 2 years theoretically after this one with a waiver.

Reaction Score
Even without Gilbert after next season we will have 2.5 PGs on the roster with a combined 7 years of PG eligibility remaining. And Gilbert could stay another 2 years theoretically after this one with a waiver.

How do you get 2.5 point guards without Gilbert? Am I missing someone besides Gaffney and Cole? I haven’t heard of any actual evidence Gilbert will leave after he graduates. Many (including myself) have merely noted that it’s plausible he could go, given his injury history. I don’t think we need to prioritize a PG for 2020, but if Gilbert leaves it wouldn’t be excessive to bring one in.

Reaction Score
How do you get 2.5 point guards without Gilbert? Am I missing someone besides Gaffney and Cole? I haven’t heard of any actual evidence Gilbert will leave after he graduates. Many (including myself) have merely noted that it’s plausible he could go, given his injury history. I don’t think we need to prioritize a PG for 2020, but if Gilbert leaves it wouldn’t be excessive to bring one in.
Some people are under the impression Brendan Adams can run the point at this level.

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying, but I'm not worried about ever looking back and missing a guard. That's one area we've never lacked talent

Counterpoint: Antwoine Anderson averaged 31.4 minutes per game and shot 39.1% from the field in 2017-2018. We have lacked talent at guard before.

Reaction Score
Counterpoint: Antwoine Anderson averaged 31.4 minutes per game and shot 39.1% from the field in 2017-2018. We have lacked talent at guard before.

Ouch. I made myself forget he played that many minutes. Such a painful season.

Reaction Score
I won't derail the thread with why that's irrelevant now. And that was only due to injuries he played so much

Reaction Score
Some people are under the impression Brendan Adams can run the point at this level.

I think he could develop into a combo guard who can initiate some offense by his junior year, yes. That's worth a 0.5.

Reaction Score
I think he could develop into a combo guard who can initiate some offense by his junior year, yes. That's worth a 0.5.
I think that's a stretch. I want Brendan Adams to be a useful player, I really do. But I don't think he'll be capable of running the point on a top-25 caliber team, which is what I think we all expect by 2021. Like every time I discuss what I perceive a player's limitations to be, I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I won't derail the thread with why that's irrelevant now. And that was only due to injuries he played so much
I don't want to derail the thread, either. And I don't expect us to be in that situation again. I'm with you there, believe me. However, the fact that Anderson played so much is an indication that a lack of guard depth can kill you in the case of injuries. When we have our full allotment of scholarships, I don't think having a third player who can run the point is necessarily a bad thing, whether it's two true point guards and a combo guard, or a true point guard and two combo guards.

Reaction Score
I think that's a stretch. I want Brendan Adams to be a useful player, I really do. But I don't think he'll be capable of running the point on a top-25 caliber team, which is what I think we all expect by 2021. Like every time I discuss what I perceive a player's limitations to be, I hope I'm wrong.

He was a freshman from outside the top 100 who arrived during a new coach's first season. Let's not write him off from running a bench unit in 3 years worth of development from now, especially considering the improvement his brother made in his time at St. Bonnaventure and the fact that he won the summer workout contest so we know he is a hard worker.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He was a freshman from outside the top 100 who arrived during a new coach's first season. Let's not write him off from running a bench unit in 3 years worth of development from now, especially considering the improvement his brother made in his time at St. Bonnaventure and the fact that he won the summer workout contest so we know he is a hard worker.
Just to be clear, I’m not writing him off as a player. I just haven’t seen any indication he’s a high Division 1 point guard. So my point was more about his position than his potential to be a valuable player. I absolutely love everything I hear about his work ethic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom