2020-21 Overseas Play | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Overseas Play

Reaction Score
I find the eurobasket.com website to be very helpful. There is usually a day or so between when the game is played and when the stats go up, but they are a good source for rosters, results, box scores, scoring averages, etc. They do have the stats for Kyla`s first game up. She scored 8 in a lopsided loss and had a surprisingly tough night from three, going 0-10.

From my limited perusing, the team websites are not all that helpful. For example, the ones I have seen don`t include stats at all. Different perspectives of what is important I guess. Twitter feeds can be good and sometimes track in game progress. And canalfeb broadcasts a lot of games.

Lou had 18 and Tiffany Hayes 15 in a tough 63-58 win yesterday for Perfumerias Avenida, who remains undefeated at 6-0 in Spain. Lou also jumps center, leads the team with 17.8 ppg and also leads the team in rebounds at 6.4. Hit two huge threes down the stretch to seal the victory. Arica Carter from Louisville played for the other team.

eurobasket.com can be useful, but quality varies greatly depending on whether they have a hired writer for that country and how serious that person takes their job. Germany has Juliane Hoehne, who may be the best on the site. I do not know if she will interview Kyla at some point, but I always find her interviews to be quite insightful. To me the only useful thing about eurobasket is checking to make sure that the information is available so that I can track down the primary source.

The German league used to have a pretty good website and a fairly good statistics platform. They changed it last season and it has been torturing me ever since. Right now, the federation website has full stats for 4.5 of the 6 games this weekend and it is irritating me since I would rather finish off this article today than tomorrow or whenever.

Team websites and social media are useful for figuring out whether traveling players have arrived yet. Also, this season, they are pretty helpful in figuring out whether games are being postponed due to the virus.

Do you know why Dolson isn’t playing? She got on a plane to go to italy

The team website was pretty vague about it. It was probably a medical concern. It is harder to quickly replace players in most places in Europe due to roster rules so if there was any reason to think that she might not be at her best all season, they probably had the ability to make a change immediately.

Reaction Score
Kyla's game was postponed this weekend and only two out of six games in Germany were played.

An unprecedented event happened in Spain as a game was called off at halftime when one team got positive results back.

France called off games in the top division for a week, but it feels like they will probably postpone at least another week's worth. All of that happened after the last two teams were finally able to start their season on Wednesday because they had enough healthy players.

Iceland and the Czech Republic are also not playing any games right now and probably not until after that national team break in two weeks.

Reaction Score
Yikes - Molly felt “embarrassed, worthless and alone....crushed under the weight of constant failure in a UCONN Women’s Basketball uniform.” Geez...

Sad to read that and that's why UCONN WBB is not for most people. I wonder how the coaches think reading that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sad to read that and that's why UCONN WBB is not for most people. I wonder how the coaches think reading that.

It is important for people who feel depressed to ask for help. I am guessing Molly kept her feelings bottled up and secret. I am just happy (and the coaches probably feel the same way) that she seems to have put her life on a fulfilling and happy path.

Reaction Score
It is important for people who feel depressed to ask for help. I am guessing Molly kept her feelings bottled up and secret. I am just happy (and the coaches probably feel the same way) that she seems to have put her life on a fulfilling and happy path.

Easier said than done (about asking for help).

It probably sounds very contradictory but as much as I love watching Uconn WBB plays, if I have a daughter I would never want her to play for Uconn.

Reaction Score
In case anyone is interested, you can watch Kyla’s team play live at 11:30/eastern.

Gee I am too excited and forget this game. Is there a replay available?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I remember Geno saying one time that Molly spends too much time in the gym, I think it was on one of his Geno Auriemma show's on SNY. I also think that in Molly's Senior year she seemed to be in better spirits and more relaxed, which led to the best year she had at UConn.

Reaction Score
Evelyn dressed for Great Britain, but did not play in their EuroBasket Women qualifying win over Poland.

Reaction Score
EuroLeague stats links for the players involved:

Reaction Score
I know the Italian tean Familie Schio that Stefanie Dolson is playing with. Her name is on the roster, but I have nor seen in her in the stats or if she has played in any games. When you bring up starting five and reserves Stefanie is not listed.

Reaction Score
I know the Italian tean Familie Schio that Stefanie Dolson is playing with. Her name is on the roster, but I have nor seen in her in the stats or if she has played in any games. When you bring up starting five and reserves Stefanie is not listed.

She def is not overseas. From her IG, she's at Courtney Vander Slooth's home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom