2019 WNIT Tournament Central | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2019 WNIT Tournament Central

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
56-42 final. When you hold your opponent to 26% shooting you don't have to score much to win.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Absolutely. This WNIT run has been the best possible thing that could happen to Arizona. Coach Barnes is winning over the local fanbase big time. They bring back almost everybody next season. I imagine interest and excitement for women's hoops will be sky high for UA next season.
Interest, excitement and expectations. They should certainly make the NCAA tournament and probably win at least a game once there.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Watched the 2nd half from our Vegas hotel. We want to wander the exhibit hall some more (this is a glass expo, not so much art, but booths selling or demonstrating glass art supplies, my wife is a glass artist as a hobby).

Tonight we are seeing a Cirque show, "O" (that's the water one) and dining at Buddy V's (that's the Cake Boss from TV's restaurant). Our only visit to the strip this year, in deference to my wife's health.

Back on-topic - GREAT GAME, very happy, my wife is watching the post-game on the phone. Already looking forward to next year.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
With a sell out of 14K+ I wonder if Arizona recruits might stay home now than leaving the state. Wish her the best.

Reaction Score
Congrads to Greenwich High School's Abby Wolf for a respectable 10 minutes in the championship game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Watched the 2nd half from our Vegas hotel. We want to wander the exhibit hall some more (this is a glass expo, not so much art, but booths selling or demonstrating glass art supplies, my wife is a glass artist as a hobby).

Tonight we are seeing a Cirque show, "O" (that's the water one) and dining at Buddy V's (that's the Cake Boss from TV's restaurant). Our only visit to the strip this year, in deference to my wife's health.

Back on-topic - GREAT GAME, very happy, my wife is watching the post-game on the phone. Already looking forward to next year.
Hope you enjoyed your stay here in Vegas. Arizona should be in the thick of things next year, and maybe they can win the PAC 12 or the PAC 12 tournament so they can get into the big dance instead of the NIT.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
maybe they can win the PAC 12 or the PAC 12 tournament so they can get into the big dance instead of the NIT.

They certainly don't need to do either to make the Tourney. 6 teams from the Pac 12 did this year. I would think it's NCAA Tourney or bust for Arizona at this point.

As much as they've improved, I would be absolutely stunned if they won the conference regular season crown. Cracking the top 4 would be a worthy goal and should certainly be enough to get them in the Big Dance.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They certainly don't need to do either to make the Tourney. 6 teams from the Pac 12 did this year. I would think it's NCAA Tourney or bust for Arizona at this point.

As much as they've improved, I would be absolutely stunned if they won the conference regular season crown. Cracking the top 4 would be a worthy goal and should certainly be enough to get them in the Big Dance.
I'd be shocked if Arizona didn't make the tournament next year. They only lose Destiny Graham to graduation, and she was a fairly minor bench player. McDonald could be an All-American next year, and I predict that McBryde and Reese will be very good as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McDonald could be an All-American next year

I was fairly stunned she was only Honorable Mention this year. Not sure what else she could've done. I guess that's more about Arizona's record than anything about her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I was fairly stunned she was only Honorable Mention this year. Not sure what else she could've done. I guess that's more about Arizona's record than anything about her.
It's almost unheard of for a non-NCAA tournament team to get a player on the AA team.

The competition was especially fierce this year. Who would she have replaced?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's almost unheard of for a non-NCAA tournament team to get a player on the AA team.

The competition was especially fierce this year. Who would she have replaced?

There were a lot of good players across the country this year.

Reaction Score
A lot depends on reputation. Playing second fiddle to Plum two years ago didn't help any. Also being in Sabrina I back yard worked against her being chosen for the McDonalds game her senior year in high school. She also did not play for a visible AAU team either.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Playing second fiddle to Plum two years ago didn't help any

She wasn't even second fiddle, that was Osahor. After those two it was just whoever might be hitting shots in a particular game. McDonald was solid for a Fr. but a bit up and down and didn't really scream future superstar to my eye. She had a few 18-20 point type of games but only averaged around 9 ppg during the season.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Arizona didn't make the tournament next year. They only lose Destiny Graham to graduation, and she was a fairly minor bench player. McDonald could be an All-American next year, and I predict that McBryde and Reese will be very good as well.
And are adding a number of European players.

In fact, I just donated to a fund for a 2020 European trip of the team. Holding off a year because they want the recruits to go with them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom