2019 UConn Commit: Russ Dixon | The Boneyard

2019 UConn Commit: Russ Dixon

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Looks like he was originally part of the 2020 class and reclassified to 2019. Wonder which position he’ll play

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like he was originally part of the 2020 class and reclassified to 2019. Wonder which position he’ll play

FWIW he camped here in June, so the staff knows what they are getting.

Reaction Score
Nepean > Ottawa, eh?

Yeah ... but

His 11th Grade film is Edmonton

So. Here’s what going on. Talented Sized Fast Canadians (mostly everything is sliding East) ... are going to the CEGEP (QC) Collegiate (Ontario) Level. Dixon is going to a notable prep near Ottawa

The CEGEP Garneau kids? That school is near Quebec City. And I’d be shocked if those kids lived proximate to the building & field. The Andre Gresset school is Catholic and in Northern town on the Island of Montreal - URBAN. Near the Italian strong community of Ste. Leonard. Senecal plays there plus a bunch.

1. 20 years ago when I first started doing business in Quebec, Football wasn’t that big a deal. In 2003, I worked for a major RE brokerage firm in Montreal ... and all the young guys spent every Sunday watching NFL. And a Monday night & other games.

My friend coaches there. He said Top kids are going to Florida now or a few other noted prep.

Shares 24 hour Sports Radio with Hockey now

2. Needless to say ... kids see College Football as their path to the NFL. And they’re not gonna care about a lot of side crap American prospects do. Great educational opportunity? Not too far for family & friends to drive.

Reaction Score
Anybody know what position this young man is gonna play this fall? Roster updates aren't on the website for him yet...

Reaction Score
I guessing WR...
ur probably right... and from his highlights, I kinda hope he pushes for playing time early.. at his size, he'd be a major asset for us early on...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ur probably right... and from his highlights, I kinda hope he pushes for playing time early.. at his size, he'd be a major asset for us early on...
Yeah, He’s gonna help us keep the WR horse barn full. The group is rather unknown/untested - so more options the better.

Reaction Score
There’s no doubt a Newbie could come in & take a lot of downs today - given the relative experience status of the entire group. Wide open.

A Matt Drayton or Cam Ross (Ardell Brown already is getting kudos) ... or Russell Dixon

Reaction Score
I'm still rooting for one guy that came in with some accalades, but, unfortunately, he had to end dealing with all the coaching changes over his playing career here. That young man is Quayvon Skanes... He showed promise out there. After the last few seasons, and his lack of production last season, quite honestly, I thought he'd be the guy transferring out, not Keyion Dixon. I sure hope he's able to have a strong close on his playing career here. Being a redshirt JR, it's probably make or break time for him.. He definitely has the ability to contribute. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he comes out shines in the slot for us this season, as well as in the return game on special teams...

Reaction Score
We are gonna throw. Someone has to catch.

Skanes has the most productive profile. Cameron Hairston & Jay Rose & Donaldson all showed they could make a play. But ... we blossomed at one time with a Rifleman QB & a slew of fleet pass catchers. Deja Vu

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom