2019 UConn baseball tentative schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 UConn baseball tentative schedule

Reaction Score
I know Joe D and Fox61 are broadcasting some games this season. Have they announced which ones yet?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why the March 6 game @ Yale isn't listed on the UConn schedule? It's listed on Yale's schedule. Hope that mid-week game is still on (it's pretty much in my backyard). I'm looking forward catching that one with my son.

It should also be a good one to watch. Yale returns almost everyone from last season. The also have a tough non-conference schedule that includes trips to New Mexico St, New Orleans, UCF, Stetson and Florida.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why the March 6 game @ Yale isn't listed on the UConn schedule? It's listed on Yale's schedule. Hope that mid-week game is still on (it's pretty much in my backyard). I'm looking forward catching that one with my son.

Maybe it was a late addition to the schedule, and the change hasn't yet made the UConn baseball website. If accurate it would be the 56th game on UConn's schedule, the maximum allowed by the NCAA. Also interesting that is scheduled for 3:30, as March 6 is just before the weekend that the change over to Daylight Savings Time takes place, so it will get dark early. If the game does get played I would expect the game time might change to a little earlier that day.

These early March games are always iffy when it comes to actually getting played. Last year the UConn game with Yale was supposed to be played in early March, got postponed, and was never rescheduled.

Reaction Score

It should also be a good one to watch. Yale returns almost everyone from last season. The also have a tough non-conference schedule that includes trips to New Mexico St, New Orleans, UCF, Stetson and Florida.
Looks like the game on Mar 6 is not going to be played. I noticed it has been removed from the Yale schedule.

Reaction Score
Looks like the game on Mar 6 is not going to be played. I noticed it has been removed from the Yale schedule.

Also, the weather for the first week of March was looking dicey, with snow showers and high temperatures in the mid to high 30's. Now that's baseball weather, not.

Reaction Score
UConn home opener is supposed to be Tuesday, March 12 against Hartford. Have to think this snowstorm will put the kibosh on that. The Hawks play on a turf field, so assuming it gets plowed out, it wouldn't surprise me if the game gets moved to their home field.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UConn home opener is supposed to be Tuesday, March 12 against Hartford. Have to think this snowstorm will put the kibosh on that. The Hawks play on a turf field, so assuming it gets plowed out, it wouldn't surprise me if the game gets moved to their home field.
I just came here to say “so what are the odds they are playing baseball a week from today in Storrs?” I feel like March has actually been the coldest snowiest month recently. Thanks Obama.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I just came here to say “so what are the odds they are playing baseball a week from today in Storrs?” I feel like March has actually been the coldest snowiest month recently. Thanks Obama.

Last year was even worse with all the northeasters. Global Cooling! Sad!

Reaction Score

Not much better in Jersey. The field used to be clear for youth baseball by April 1st most years, now, we're lucky to have usable fields by mid-April. The folks who own indoor facilities are making a killing (when I first moved to North Jersey 8 years ago, there was only 1 such facility nearby, now there are 5).

From my own unscientific observations, the transition from winter to spring weather patterns appear to happen in early March instead of late March now. That transition generates storms. As the winter temps are still in place, especially just to the north of the Northeast in Quebec and Ontario and at night when temps are typically below freezing), we're getting more snowstorms instead of rainstorms. Plus, a warmer atmosphere (on average globally) supports stronger storms (warmer air holds more energy).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not much better in Jersey. The field used to be clear for youth baseball by April 1st most years, now, we're lucky to have usable fields by mid-April. The folks who own indoor facilities are making a killing (when I first moved to North Jersey 8 years ago, there was only 1 such facility nearby, now there are 5).

From my own unscientific observations, the transition from winter to spring weather patterns appear to happen in early March instead of late March now. That transition generates storms. As the winter temps are still in place, especially just to the north of the Northeast in Quebec and Ontario and at night when temps are typically below freezing), we're getting more snowstorms instead of rainstorms. Plus, a warmer atmosphere (on average globally) supports stronger storms (warmer air holds more energy).
Those sound like very scientific observations haha.

I know when I was playing high school baseball in the early 2000s we always had practice outside starting in very early March and had scrimmages usually starting around St Patty’s day. I can’t see that happening these last few years.

Reaction Score
That’ll help refresh arms and hammies before this coming weekend’s 4 game series...

With this schedule change, starting this weekend UConn now has four 5 game weeks in a row.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
With this schedule change, starting this weekend UConn now has four 5 game weeks in a row.
And we currently have 2 starters that Penders trusts. Load of opportunities for someone to take the reigns. Otherwise, Penders might have to go to the Opener route that the Rays made popular last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom