2019 UConn baseball tentative schedule | The Boneyard

2019 UConn baseball tentative schedule

Reaction Score
Tentative schedule for the upcoming season was also available at the alumni game. Coach Penders said that the schedule will be released in about a month, as a few things still need to be ironed out, including the opening weekend opponents.

Feb 15-17 - @ Clearwater, where the AAC tournament is played. Opponents still to be determined, could be 3 or 4 games. At least one of the games is expected to be against Louisville.
Feb 22-24 @ College of Charleston
Mar 1-3 @ Conway, SC
Mar 1 vs Indiana
Mar 2 @ Coastal Carolina
Mar 2 vs Ball State
Mar 3 vs Illinois
Mar 8-10 @ Texas State
Mar 12 Hartford (the attempt to play a really early game in Storrs, it rarely seems to work)

Mar 15-17 - @ Greenville, SC - 4 games vs Michigan State
Mar 19 @ Virginia
Mar 22-24 @ Houston
Mar 26 Boston College (Storrs)
Mar 29-31 @ Central Florida
Apr 2 @ Fairfield
Apr 3 UMass Lowell (Storrs)
Apr 5-7 Cincinnati (first two games of series in Hartford, Sunday game in Storrs)
Apr 9 @ Bryant
Apr 10 Northeastern (Storrs)
Apr 12-14 Memphis (Storrs)
Apr 16 @ UMass
Apr 18-20 @ East Carolina
Apr 22 CCSU (Storrs)
Apr 24 Rhode Island (Storrs)
Apr 26-28 @ Sam Houston State
May 3-5 Wichita State (first two games in Hartford, Sunday game in Storrs)
May 9-11 South Florida (Storrs)
May 14 @ Rhode Island
May 16-18 @ Tulane

Reaction Score
I count 56 games (assuming clearwater is 4 games) which would be a full spring schedule. It's too bad St John's is not on the schedule, I would love to play them every year.

Reaction Score
I count 56 games (assuming clearwater is 4 games) which would be a full spring schedule. It's too bad St John's is not on the schedule, I would love to play them every year.

Coach Penders said the schedule is currently at 55 games, and they were hoping to add another game in Clearwater to make 56. We'll see what happens.

I agree St. John's would make an excellent regular season opponent. They don't need to be on the schedule every season, but I would like to see them show up on it semi regularly.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Lots of trips to Texas this year! SHSU is always good, Texas State not so much.

Wish we would play Rice someday.

Reaction Score
All the "good wins" are away from home. Save USF the home schedule is weak.

Wichita State is a solid team as well, I would not sleep on them. As for the other two home conference series, I would agree. Memphis was the worst team in the AAC last season, and Cincinnati probably will never remind anyone of Houston, East Carolina, or UCF when it comes to college baseball.

Reaction Score
All the "good wins" are away from home. Save USF the home schedule is weak.

I was talking more about the OOC schedule, where most of our games are away every year. It's unfortunate that the best AAC series are away, but it's not like it's gonna affect attendance in Storrs.

With that said, I can't wait for the Wichita series at Dunkin Donuts Park!

Reaction Score
Wichita State is a solid team as well, I would not sleep on them. As for the other two home conference series, I would agree. Memphis was the worst team in the AAC last season, and Cincinnati probably will never remind anyone of Houston, East Carolina, or UCF when it comes to college baseball.
I am not sold on the shockers. They were a middle of the road team at best last year with 12 kids drafted last summer (including a 1st rnd and 2nd rnd pick in Bohm and Jenista) .

Reaction Score
I was talking more about the OOC schedule, where most of our games are away every year. It's unfortunate that the best AAC series are away, but it's not like it's gonna affect attendance in Storrs.

With that said, I can't wait for the Wichita series at Dunkin Donuts Park!

Out of conference schedule is littered with teams from the ACC and the Big 10, plus solid baseball schools such as Coastal Carolina (can't complain about playing at team that won the College World Series a few years ago) College of Charleston, Texas State, and Sam Houston State. It is a very competitive schedule with some very solid teams, to say the least.

Reaction Score
I am not sold on the shockers. They were a middle of the road team at best last year with 12 kids drafted last summer (including a 1st rnd and 2nd rnd pick in Bohm and Jenista) .

Hmm...It does say something about the quality of AAC baseball that a team can have 12 draft picks and finish in a tie for seventh in the conference.

Reaction Score

I woudl liek to see Seton Hall on the schedule as its close by to me (yes, its selfish), the usually have a good team (back in the old Big East, Hall and PC were usually two of the better teams) and a lof of local kids on the team play for Hall.

Overall, a pretty good schedule with some solid OCC teams on the list. Just hope that Conway (Coast Carolina) has dried-out from Florence by then. Their campus is still closed and the rivers are still rising.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The Louisville Cardinals baseball schedule is now up on their website, and it shows Louisville opening the season with a three game series against UConn in Lakeland, Florida. Louisville was 45-19 last season, so that is UConn jumping right into the fire to start the season.

2019 Baseball Schedule - University of Louisville Athletics

Looking forward to seeing Feole face Logan Wyatt that Friday night.

Reaction Score
Amazing!

Sam Houston, Coastal, Louisville, Indiana, and UVA are all headliner games / series, while the College of Charleston and MSU series will be fun as well.

I concur with the above. Remember, Coach Penders says in the story on the UConn website that the AAC is annually one of the top three or four conferences in RPI in college baseball. So, in addition to the 24 game AAC conference grind, toss in six games against Big 10 teams and five more against ACC teams. Then you start adding in games against such schools as Charleston, Sam Houston, and Coastal Carolina. No question this is a tough schedule for UConn. Opening with your first three games against a team like Louisville will be a really difficult considering a northeast school like UConn doesn't get much in the way of outdoor practices during the month of February.

By the way, I count 55 games on the schedule, instead of the maximum 56.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How common is it to set up 4 games against another team at a neutral site like UConn is doing against Michigan State in Greenville, SC? It makes sense due to the weather up north but I was wondering how common this was. It looks like the Spartans are participating in a tourney in Greenville the weekend before.

Reaction Score
How common is it to set up 4 games against another team at a neutral site like UConn is doing against Michigan State in Greenville, SC? It makes sense due to the weather up north but I was wondering how common this was. It looks like the Spartans are participating in a tourney in Greenville the weekend before.

It happens. In 2017 UConn opened the season with a four game series against UMass Lowell in Florida.

Reaction Score
Overall, looks like a solid schedule and avoid games in Storrs for the most part until its better than 50/50 if there will still be snow on the ground. On that note, is this the last season games in Storrs before the team spends a season (or two) on the road while the new stadium is built?

On a selfish note, I do wish the team was staying in Clearwater a bit longer. Taking my boys down to the Gulf Coast for their school vacation week to catch some Spring Training games in Fort Myers (my oldest is a Sox fan :mad:) and Tampa and would have loved to catch UConn. The Sox actually play Northeastern U on the 22nd and then host the Yanks on the 23rd in Fort Myers.

Reaction Score
Overall, looks like a solid schedule and avoid games in Storrs for the most part until its better than 50/50 if there will still be snow on the ground. On that note, is this the last season games in Storrs before the team spends a season (or two) on the road while the new stadium is built?

On a selfish note, I do wish the team was staying in Clearwater a bit longer. Taking my boys down to the Gulf Coast for their school vacation week to catch some Spring Training games in Fort Myers (my oldest is a Sox fan :mad:) and Tampa and would have loved to catch UConn. The Sox actually play Northeastern U on the 22nd and then host the Yanks on the 23rd in Fort Myers.

This is definitely the last season for the baseball team at JO Christian Field. I'm not sure at this point if the baseball team will have to play off campus in 2020.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom