2019 Targets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clarke is the #1 recruit in the class of 2021.

He will likely be a 6'9" SF by that time.
The comment re: big men needing to be the priority is spot on. AG, plus Sid and incoming frosh may just give us best backcourt when accounting for depth in the country. Vital a distant fifth in that rotation imo. Add two quality bigs and we are almost certainly a top 20 and sweet 16 team next season.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I’m by far not a basketball scout, but there’s something about Mitchell that just doesn’t jump off the page. The piece about him possibly waiting until ‘20 to come out is interesting, as he just doesn’t look like his body is ready for the college game yet. Definitely a skilled kid, but an extra year would do wonders for him if he can start to develop his body

Reaction Score
The comment re: big men needing to be the priority is spot on. AG, plus Sid and incoming frosh may just give us best backcourt when accounting for depth in the country. Vital a distant fifth in that rotation imo. Add two quality bigs and we are almost certainly a top 20 and sweet 16 team next season.
AG and Vital are non-factors for Clarke, they will be gone by the time he would even be coming here. And as stated above, he's probably not going to college

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m by far not a basketball scout, but there’s something about Mitchell that just doesn’t jump off the page. The piece about him possibly waiting until ‘20 to come out is interesting, as he just doesn’t look like his body is ready for the college game yet. Definitely a skilled kid, but an extra year would do wonders for him if he can start to develop his body
He has short legs for his size and a lower center of gravity like Jared Sullinger/Baby Davis. Once he leans up he is going to be a great college player. He’s like a better version of Eric Cobb. Would fill Cobb’s current roll well. He already has all the skills, he’s not the project that akok would be. He’s also a really good shooter if he loses weight he can play the 4 even stretch the floor.

Reaction Score
PSA pound for pound has the toughest backcourt I’ve seen. Tyson Etienne, Charles Pride, Hassan Diarra, and Demarr Langford are formidable. Take Diarra right now and Pride is so underrated, hustles every possession.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
Hurley is there too.
1542572739286.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No idea how to embed tweets here but Serling Gibbs just had a great one in reaction to a Boutknight clip

Reaction Score
rivals has precious listed at 6'9 215 and espn at 6'8 210 so he's already bigger than polley, yawke and whaley. precious could easily play stretch 4 for us. think jimmy butler at marquette- a 4 in college and a 2 in the nba.

either way you're still burying Brendan Adams on the bench by adding another guard to the rotation, which aint cool for hurley's first recruit...

having said that, i'll welcome any 5 star with open arms. sorry brendan!

but my main point was that i'd rather get a 5 star big than a 5 star guard.

You have Never seen Precious play.

Reaction Score
Exactly

ok...super athletic college 4 is exactly what jimmy butler was too...

i know precious isn't a natural 4 but neither was jimmy. the point is he could play the 4 at uconn given his size, the great depth at the point and wing, and the lack thereof in the front court. how can you disagree with any of that?

call him what you want but you try to get your 5 best guys on the court. if its 3 guards, precious, and a big man then he's the de facto stretch 4.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ok...super athletic college 4 is exactly what jimmy butler was too...

i know precious isn't a natural 4 but neither was jimmy. the point is he could play the 4 at uconn given his size, the great depth at the point and wing, and the lack thereof in the front court. how can you disagree with any of that?

call him what you want but you try to get your 5 best guys on the court. if its 3 guards, precious, and a big man then he's the de facto stretch 4.

Precious is a 4. He will never become a 2. Jimmy had a much better handle and mid range game then him while he was at Marquette. Precious is bigger and more explosive then jimmy.

Reaction Score
Precious is a 4. He will never become a 2. Jimmy had a much better handle and mid range game then him while he was at Marquette. Precious is bigger and more explosive then jimmy.

you misunderstood me. i never said precious was gonna become a 2... i compared him to butler because he also played the 4 in college due to his team's roster construction. but once butler got drafted he played the 3 and now he plays the 2. and at 6'8 230 butler is much bigger than precious.

precious will play both forward spots in college but right now he'd be a 3 in the nba at around 200 lbs.

Reaction Score
you misunderstood me. i never said precious was gonna become a 2... i compared him to butler because he also played the 4 in college due to his team's roster construction. but once butler got drafted he played the 3 and now he plays the 2. and at 6'8 230 butler is much bigger than precious.

precious will play both forward spots in college but right now he'd be a 3 in the nba at around 200 lbs.

Precious was 6'9 215 a few months ago. I'd expect 6'9-6'10 and 230+ when he's done growing. He's a modern NBA 3-4. Could guard 2-4 easily. Super versatile.

Jimmy will never be as strong or athletic as precious when it's all said and done. But precious will never have guard skills like Jimmy either.

Not a bad comparison. But I'd say Rudy is probably a better comparison

Reaction Score
Precious was 6'9 215 a few months ago. I'd expect 6'9-6'10 and 230+ when he's done growing. He's a modern NBA 3-4. Could guard 2-4 easily. Super versatile.

Jimmy will never be as strong or athletic as precious when it's all said and done. But precious will never have guard skills like Jimmy either.

Not a bad comparison. But I'd say Rudy is probably a better comparison

that's fair. rudy could/can also play both forward spots but uconn had a huge frontcourt in 05-06 with armstrong and boone so rudy primarily played the 3

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Pick a player, start a thread. Two players means there's twice the likelihood it'll be highjacked with stupidity, and it makes finding info on a specific recruiting more difficult.

Bottom line: Sorry, but no multiplayer megathreads. Feel free to start a new thread for each and I'll try to move relevant replies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44