2019 recruits? | The Boneyard

2019 recruits?

Reaction Score
We have Griffin and we know Horston went to Tennessee. Jones and Boston visit in November. Are there any other 2019 recruits we are still recruiting?

Amihere?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not likely. Amihere has two "unnamed" school that she is still considering. Unless one of those schools is UCONN and she shows up for an official visit at UCONN in the next 4 weeks I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Reaction Score
Ok that is what I thought. Fingers crossed that we are finalist for Amihere.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Cat and I have heard the same thing—UConn is no longer involved with Amihere. I wish it weren’t true, but I think it is. Jones and Boston are the only other options for 2019. Let’s get both!

Reaction Score
Amihere may not be the same after her injury and the UConn staff is no longer interested. You never know on which side the interest was lost.

Reaction Score
If Kentucky gets Amihere watch out. I would not want to face them with Rhyne Howard and Amihere along with Blair Green. A lot of athleticism, versitislity, and more talent that Mitchell has had in awhile.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Amihere may not be the same after her injury and the UConn staff is no longer interested. You never know on which side the interest was lost.
Right. I have no idea who lost interest.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Right. I have no idea who lost interest.
In going back and looking at this thread it not clear that UCONN was very interested. Amihere listed UCONN as one of 14 schools very early on but very little contact since, no in home visit, no campus visit, not uconn coach sightings at workouts, pretty much crickets. Some of that might have been due to her injury but not like UCONN to back off a player due to injury. I guess what I'm asking is: Was UCONN's interest in Amihere mostly a BY creation? @Sluconn Husky am I forgetting something with UCONN and Amihere?
Laeticia Amihere? UCONN recruit?

Reaction Score
Don't believe there was ever independent reports about her and UConn. There appears to have been some interest--I think that's likely--just not total immersion such as is the case with Boston and Jones.

who wouldn't be interested in this 6'3" defensive stalwart?................from a skills and aggression standpoint she appeared to be right up UConn's alley but apparently she didn't meet Geno's criteria.......................if she turns into the player many think she will he may have some second thoughts about that decision........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
who wouldn't be interested in this 6'3" defensive stalwart?......from a skills and aggression standpoint she appeared to be right up UConn's alley but apparently she didn't meet Geno's criteria........if she turns into the player many think she will he may have some second thoughts about that decision...
I have heard nothing about who thought it wasn't a good fit--Geno or Laetitia. Are you confident it was UConn who passed?

Reaction Score
I have heard nothing about who thought it wasn't a good fit--Geno or Laetitia. Are you confident it was UConn who passed?

well she had UConn on her list and they usually don't come off of a recruit's list till the bitter end unless UConn says not interested...................probably another one of those we'll never really know what happened recruiting mysteries....

Reaction Score
who wouldn't be interested in this 6'3" defensive stalwart?......from a skills and aggression standpoint she appeared to be right up UConn's alley but apparently she didn't meet Geno's criteria........if she turns into the player many think she will he may have some second thoughts about that decision...

This may not have anything to do with her play. Coach Auriemma looks at the whole package, it may something like her grades, how involved her parents are, how she interacts with teammates, work ethic, etc. Not spreading any rumors, just giving possible examples of why she wasn't considered "UConn material".

Reaction Score
Who says she wasn't considered UCONN material ? Is there absolutely no chance that Geno lost out on her to another HC ?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This may not have anything to do with her play. Coach Auriemma looks at the whole package, it may something like her grades, how involved her parents are, how she interacts with teammates, work ethic, etc. Not spreading any rumors, just giving possible examples of why she wasn't considered "UConn material".
That she wasn't considered "UCONN material" is itself a rumor woven entirely from the speculation that Geno said no to Amihere & based on the assumption that every recruit must want to come to UCONN. @MilfordHusky husky is questioning yet another speculation-"Amihere not a good fit for UCONN". I'm calling BS on the whole thing: the rumor, the assumption and both speculations.

Reaction Score
That she wasn't considered "UCONN material" is itself a rumor woven entirely from the speculation that Geno said no to Amihere & based on the assumption that every recruit must want to come to UCONN. @MilfordHusky husky is questioning yet another speculation-"Amihere not a good fit for UCONN". I'm calling BS on the whole thing: the rumor, the assumption and both speculations.

OK then I guess we may assume that two of the four supposed UConn targets have chosen to pursue their basketball/education elsewhere...................I sure hope that trend stops right there..........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In going back and looking at this thread it not clear that UCONN was very interested. Amihere listed UCONN as one of 14 schools very early on but very little contact since, no in home visit, no campus visit, not uconn coach sightings at workouts, pretty much crickets. Some of that might have been due to her injury but not like UCONN to back off a player due to injury. I guess what I'm asking is: Was UCONN's interest in Amihere mostly a BY creation? @Sluconn Husky am I forgetting something with UCONN and Amihere?
Laeticia Amihere? UCONN recruit?
The only time when UConn may have expressed a potential interest in Amihere was before Kia’s homecoming game in Toronto last season. During an interview, Geno mentioned that they were recruiting/looking at 2 kids from Canada. I assumed one of them was Amihere.

That is the only time there was any public reference to a possible recruiting interest. As there has been no other mention, I really believe that UConn decided not to offer, either because of questions about Amihere’s recovery from her injury, or they felt it wasn’t the right fit. I base that conclusion on the fact that given her three finalists, it’s hard to believe she would have eliminated UConn from her list.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
OK then I guess we may assume that two of the four supposed UConn targets have chosen to pursue their basketball/education elsewhere....I sure hope that trend stops right there.....
You can assume as you wish. UCONN targets decided to pursue their basketball/education elsewhere every year-nothing new there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom