2019 Recruiting: Tre Mitchell | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Tre Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't let a player with CT ties escape..............
I've heard that before
This kid has a HUGE upside - like him a lot
Don't let him slip away DH

Reaction Score
I guess he cut his list to 6: Illinois, UConn, Louisville, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Villanova

Woodstock's Mitchell Is Sizzling This Summer | Prep Hoops
Newly-minted UConn head coach Dan Hurley, eager to resurge a putrid Huskies program which slogged through a 30-35 (16-20 AAC) record in the recently ousted Kevin Ollie’s last two seasons, has been a consistent presence in Mitchell’s recruitment. At the same rate, Louisville head coach Chris Mack and Notre Dame’s Mike Brey have been quite consistent. It’s been whittled down to those six right now, with no clear favorite emerging just yet.

Reaction Score
I guess he cut his list to 6: Illinois, UConn, Louisville, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Villanova

Newly-minted UConn head coach Dan Hurley, eager to resurge a putrid Huskies program which slogged through a 30-35 (16-20 AAC) record in the recently ousted Kevin Ollie’s last two seasons, has been a consistent presence in Mitchell’s recruitment. At the same rate, Louisville head coach Chris Mack and Notre Dame’s Mike Brey have been quite consistent. It’s been whittled down to those six right now, with no clear favorite emerging just yet.

Those are some big names

Reaction Score

Some harsh words for the program. 2 really bad years for sure but I wouldn't call the program putrid.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Once he gets his body in shape he's going to be a really solid college player. Can't keep losing these top CT kids.

Reaction Score

Impressive list of academic institutions... and Louisville

UconnU

Reaction Score
Heard they’re all over Wahab, but still I’m surprised too.
I would love to land Wahab, you think we're really in the conversation?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is probably 1B after Cockburn. I would not have an issue with his commitment at all.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is probably 1B after Cockburn. I would not have an issue with his commitment at all.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Do you see him as a center in college? I see him trimming some weight and playing the 4. I don't think he's an inch taller than 6'7.

Reaction Score
Do you see him as a center in college? I see him trimming some weight and playing the 4. I don't think he's an inch taller than 6'7.

I love undersized 4/5's who know how to play. These are the guys who destroyed us for years and years. Danya Abrams, Craig Smith, Demetri Hill, Dajuan Blair, Chevy Troutman, Mario Bland, Charles Minlend, Bonzie Colson, etc. If you are not tremendously athletic, are undersized, but still dominate it means you know how to play. Chances are you are not going to be an NBA player, but you can be Jeff Adrien. Sign me up for that.

Reaction Score
I love undersized 4/5's who know how to play. These are the guys who destroyed us for years and years. Danya Abrams, Craig Smith, Demetri Hill, Dajuan Blair, Chevy Troutman, Mario Bland, Charles Minlend, Bonzie Colson, etc. If you are not tremendously athletic, are undersized, but still dominate it means you know how to play. Chances are you are not going to be an NBA player, but you can be Jeff Adrien. Sign me up for that.

Good stuff boog and BC had one all the time it seemed - don't forget McCready. ;)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I always regarded Jeff Adrien as a two-fer: in addition to enjoying his contributions to UCONN success, I didn't have to endure him crushing us twice yearly if he'd played for a rival.

Reaction Score
Good stuff boog and BC had one all the time it seemed - don't forget McCready. ;)

The one that comes to my mind the most is Lonny Baxter of Maryland. We played them twice that year once in a pre-season tourny and he dropped 24 and 10 on us. Then met them again in the elite 8 and he dropped 29 and 9 on us. Just boddied a young Emeka all day. He was only 6'7 but 260.

Reaction Score

And I forgot a more recent one with Gary Clark. He was a double-double machine against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom