2019 Recruiting: Precious Achiuwa - Ervin's Crystal Ball to the good guys | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Precious Achiuwa - Ervin's Crystal Ball to the good guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really any kind of bread, actually. Nothing with the word "artisan" in the name though. Terrible for team chemisty
“Akinjo decommitted because he wanted to be the artisan bread.”
Are they just really good friends? I don't really get how that works lol
Must be really close. Both are from the Bronx.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not sure I could take all the Gollum jokes that would come with this kid.

Like that ↑ one.

Edit: See Post 42.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A legit 5* but wow. 175 lb. Hit the lunch line and weight room.

I remember reading some article way back when about Shawn Bradley and the diet they put him on to gain weight, and being so jealous of him.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
What source is saying lecque is reclassifing and considering uconn? Only place iv seen it was here.

Reaction Score
People already feel good about our '19 class. There are a lot of connections to a lot of really good local talent. I just want to know where the scholarships are going to come from. Right now we only have 2 for 2019

How do you not understand this? In addition to the two you just mentioned, you will have (i) any of our three available schollies at the moment saved, or used on a grad transfer and reopening, and (ii) players who figure out that as we improve the talent they are not going to find the court and leaving. There is no reason to think that the staff wouldn't have at least four schollies available after next season if they want them.

Reaction Score
How do you not understand this? In addition to the two you just mentioned, you will have (i) any of our three available schollies at the moment saved, or used on a grad transfer and reopening, and (ii) players who figure out that as we improve the talent they are not going to find the court and leaving. There is no reason to think that the staff wouldn't have at least four schollies available after next season if they want them.
See my other post ITT

Reaction Score
What source is saying lecque is reclassifing and considering uconn? Only place iv seen it was here.

There are articles all over saying hes 5050 on reclassifying.

Uconn interest is just on here.

C

Chief00

Hurley will use all of his schollies this year. That leaves him with 2 for 2019, but these problems have a way of taking care of themselves. I think regardless we’ll end up with a 3-4 man class for 2019. Worrying about scholarships is how you end up with 8 healthy players in February.

#ChiefCertified

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Reaction Score
Hurley will use all of his schollies this year. That leaves him with 2 for 2019, but these problems have a way of taking care of themselves. I think regardless we’ll end up with a 3-4 man class for 2019. Worrying about scholarships is how you end up with 8 healthy players in February.
Yep, I don't know why we always go through this especially considering we've gone years without a full roster.

Reaction Score
No, I’m saying to get Lecque you have to take Silverio, so you take him. They aren’t going to take Silverio without Lecque.

But in Diarra/Diallo’s case, I would have taken Diarra either way. He was top 100 on ESPN’s list, certainly no slouch.

In defense of Silverio, Pat Lawless noted he has really improved since last summer. Some kids are late bloomers. We shouldn’t treat a kid as a throw away when at most we’ve seen a couple minutes of highlights on him. He also averaged 9.5 PPG on 38% 3P shooting last summer, which really isn’t bad to begin with.

That may be true, but since he decommited from Santa Clara on Tuesday, here are the schools that have reached out to him:

Fordham, St. Bonaventure, Dayton and Hofstra"

Not great.

NYCHoops.net - Omar Silverio Re-Opens Recruitment

Reaction Score
He seems like he can shoot the basketball. He’d be a perfect role player on a team with talent like Lecque, JA, AG, etc. I personally like him

Oh yeah I'm totally fine with him provided Lecque comes here and Silverio is guard #5. I just would not want him thrust into any serious minutes. I could see him being a solid player by the he's an upperclassman.

Reaction Score
7DC53365-126B-4616-84E0-FC2CBA0DD1C7.jpeg

Reaction Score
Oh yeah I'm totally fine with him provided Lecque comes here and Silverio is guard #5. I just would not want him thrust into any serious minutes. I could see him being a solid player by the he's an upperclassman.
Yep, I don’t think it’s too ridiculous to say he could have a Niels Gifffey type trajectory. Which would obviously be great.

Reaction Score
It's nice to see the Uconn logo on so many recruits. I don't want to get too excited, but it really feels good to be in with these high recruits.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Have to disagree here. I like Diarra. His injury threw him off course, but he could be really good for us as an upperclassman.

I think people are sleeping on him given how Ollie's developed big men in his time (lacking). Hoping Hurley can get the most out of him. He's got the necessary motor and aggression.

It's easy to forget that he's got three years to go too.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
In defense of Silverio, Pat Lawless noted he has really improved since last summer. Some kids are late bloomers. We shouldn’t treat a kid as a throw away when at most we’ve seen a couple minutes of highlights on him. He also averaged 9.5 PPG on 38% 3P shooting last summer, which really isn’t bad to begin with.

How many people here have seen him (preferably recently)?

Can the kid play here?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yep, I don't know why we always go through this especially considering we've gone years without a full roster.

Couldn't even have a full 5 on 5 scrimmage last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom