2019 Recruiting: Nah’Shon Hyland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Nah’Shon Hyland

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some more info. Seems to be rising. Nah'Shon Hyland emerges as potential high major guard in 2019

Looking at older info he was 6’1, 2* Now he’s bigger, and coming off an injury is impressing. Still not sure it’s what we need next year. But...if two ships, I’m ok. Especially with a Grad Transfer big. I think 3 guards in one class creates future problems.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Is it me or does anyone else notice the more you scrape the bottom of the barrel, the more“unique” the names of these kids get. It’s weird.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Start with an emphasis on good character.

I was thinking the same thing when I heard about the fire and all he has gone through. He has a good handle can pass the rock and shoots okay. Not a back pickup at all considering how late it is, if he comes aboard.

Reaction Score
Big question on him was the competition he was playing against. Put up huge numbers but played for a regular vo-tech public school. Very similar in a lot of ways to Bouknight, 6’3 with the length of someone 6’5/6’6, skinny needs to add some weight, can shoot lights out.

What were his high school school ##s?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is it me or does anyone else notice the more you scrape the bottom of the barrel, the more“unique” the names of these kids get. It’s weird.

All about branding man. Be it game or otherwise, get yer name out there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Has anybody watched this kid in person?

Reaction Score
Watch "#5 St George's Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland vs Appo 37 pts Plus" on YouTube

Young keeps his head up and gives up the rock when he needs to.. He's got length... Something that is a nice luxury for a PG these days... Get him in a college weight program he'll be fine... I bet he's hungry too (not figuratively speaking).. in terms of the desire to have something to prove...

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
A poor man's Ja Morant?
This is a little overboard. Based only on the videos, he's a very good shooter, but notice he never finished with the left hand at the rim, and had little explosion even on breakaways. Currently his quickness is better than his ball handling in traffic.

However, I think he can develop both of those ball skills, and improve his leg strength, especially coming off an injury. Also, he sees the court very well, and is a better long-range shooter than anyone currently on the team.

Reaction Score
He can really shoot

Love the swagger. Nice touch from 3. Definitely needs to set up multiple meetings with SAL. I would gamble on him. Looks like he is an under the radar prospect. But we first need a big for next season. If a second scholly opens up take Nah'Shon

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can see why they call him Bones. As long as he's not a post with that build, fine.

Reaction Score
He shoots well, especially free throws (automatic in the game highlights), sees the floor and finds the open man well, has plenty of swagger, but does not handle the ball well enough when guarded tightly. We need swagger, shooting, free throw shooting, seeing the floor and hitting the open man, so if you believe he can develop better ball handling, what's not to like? Ball handling and maybe defense?

Reaction Score
I'll be the conrary guy, I guess.
I see someone who doesn't like contact.

I don't know. In the videos he drove inside and dished off to a big several times and at least once finished while getting bumped pretty hard. His ball handling wasn't up to Kemba/Shabazz standards and was the main issue of concern that I saw.

Reaction Score
This is a little overboard. Based only on the videos, he's a very good shooter, but notice he never finished with the left hand at the rim, and had little explosion even on breakaways. Currently his quickness is better than his ball handling in traffic.

However, I think he can develop both of those ball skills, and improve his leg strength, especially coming off an injury. Also, he sees the court very well, and is a better long-range shooter than anyone currently on the team.
He’s an accurate shooter but has a low release. That stuff is much more vulnerable to getting blocked in college. He kind of offsets that with a fairly quick release, and makes space with step backs. His ball handling is shaky with long upright strokes, meaning is vulnerable to getting stripped. He doesn’t look like he is very explosive off the floor. Good court vision. Good awareness of teammates and where they are going. He’s a solid B. I don’t see 4*, but good potential to be a contributor.

Reaction Score
Had the chance to watch him this weekend, and I was impressed. Very crafty and creative play maker, but does everything within the flow of the game, and does not turn the ball over. I think he will end up in the top 100 for all services here soon.

Frame is a bit lacking, but he reminded me of a poor man's Brandon Knight.

Will be interesting to see who the staff pushes for with the last spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom