2019 Recruiting: Kareem Reid - Reclassing from 2020 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Kareem Reid - Reclassing from 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't forget Sid Wilson, Blocking shots from the wing may be his best attribute.
If I were Hurley, I would start the post-season meeting with Sid with a question. What are your plans for the summer? If the response isn't, "live in the weight room with coach Sal", I would suggest that he move on.

Reaction Score
What is true, is that we need power at the 4/5. If the coaches think Kareem Reid will develop and be that player, a solid piece for the frontcourt, then I hope he signs. Right now it looks like this is plan B in the current one schollie Precious sweepstakes, and I'm reassured that the staff appears so prepared. Waiting to see if Achiuwa schedules an OV.

I think he's probably more like a plan D. Precious and grad transfers are likely ahead of him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If I were Hurley, I would start the post-season meeting with Sid with a question. What are your plans for the summer? If the response isn't, "live in the weight room with coach Sal", I would suggest that he move on.

Good coaches like Hurley don't ask a kid like Sid what his offseason is going to look like; he tells him.

Reaction Score

Thank god you are not Hurley. If it was all about being big than David O. would have been an all american. Sid needs much, much more than just putting in work with Sal all summer.

Reaction Score
We need to wait to see how many schollies open up. This will dictate on where the staff will go. I am a little nervous because it's awfully quiet in regards to any player leaving the program.

Reaction Score

EA9A11BC-B880-4B2A-A8A3-620C85897F01.gif

Reaction Score
My guess is Hurley gets Sid in his S&C program and a program to improve his shot form.

After that, learning to pivot well and fight pressure will be key. I'd like to see him learn to drive the ball more too

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Yep thats why you are an engineer and Dan Hurley is a head basketball coach

Reaction Score
Reggie Miller too. And Ray was pretty thin (except for his Popeye calves)

Not saying we should ask a kid to move on--that's insane. But those guys are two of, if not the, best shooters of all time. Sid can't hit a free throw.

I do think he needs to have a reduced role if we'll be successful. Unless he buys in and makes a major jump skill wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom