2019 Recruit: David Skogman | The Boneyard

2019 Recruit: David Skogman

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard of this player? I first heard about him on Twitter from Cue the Music. We have not offered him but he still has not committed. He is from Minnesota, 6' 10" and can shoot the 3. He has a few decent offers and appears to be a late bloomer. I wonder if Kimani or Kenyon have him on the radar?

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard of this player? I first heard about him on Twitter from Cue the Music. We have not offered him but he still has not committed. He is from Minnesota, 6' 10" and can shoot the 3. He has a few decent offers and appears to be a late bloomer. I wonder if Kimani or Kenyon have him on the radar?

Did you send this to Kimani or Kenyon? You never know. He might be waiting for an offer from a perennial National Champion............

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Interesting. He has some decent offers- Minnesota, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt. And some lower offers like Elon, Rutgers, Canisius, etc.
Might not be a bad guy to take a flyer on, looks like he has a lot that the coaching staff can work with.
Still preferably would like a JUCO/Grad transfer big man and go for Omoruyi or Mark Williams next year.

Reaction Score
Interesting. He has some decent offers- Minnesota, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt. And some lower offers like Elon, Rutgers, Canisius, etc.
Might not be a bad guy to take a flyer on, looks like he has a lot that the coaching staff can work with.
Still preferably would like a JUCO/Grad transfer big man and go for Omoruyi or Mark Williams next year.
Valid point. But...he has a smooth stroke from behind the arc. Imagine the following on the court at the same time - two 6' 10" guys (JC & him), 6' 9"" Akok, AG and CV.
This would not be the starting lineup.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Can he rebound? Defend? Protect the rim? If he's capable of any of these I'd take him. If he's a 4 yr player hopefully he can develop into a good rotation piece.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Valid point. But...he has a smooth stroke from behind the arc. Imagine the following on the court at the same time - two 6' 10" guys (JC & him), 6' 9"" Akok, AG and CV.
This would not be the starting lineup.
He might be a good get only if we are opening 2 or more scholarships this summer. We could certainly use some depth/4 year players in the front court. But primarily, we need just high talent in the front court as well. We might have to go for experience in a grad transfer and then shoot for the big recruits in 2020, so we will see if that leaves room for a player like this.
Again, really depends how many more scholarships we are talking about for 2019.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if he's one of those guys we see for a Midwestern team I wished we had? Know nothing about him but love the story, love his size and the fact he can shoot. Interesting fact we reached out.

C

Chief00

I'm wondering if he's one of those guys we see for a Midwestern team I wished we had? Know nothing about him but love the story, love his size and the fact he can shoot. Interesting fact we reached out.
You can always use shooters, however he better be able to play pressure defense too, to fit into Hurley's system at his position.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This kid is like every power forward who has played for Wisconsin for the past 20 years.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom