OT: - 2019 NHL Playoffs | The Boneyard

OT: 2019 NHL Playoffs

Reaction Score
Playoff hockey is so sick.

Columbus just roared back from a 3-0 deficit to take a 4-3 lead on the road against Tampa. Wild.

Reaction Score
Rangers fan, but watched the watched the Pitt/NYI game.

Love how NYI is flying two lines (Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck ; Komorov-Flippula-Kuhnnackl) that are checking the heck out of Pittsburgh's stars.

The M-C-C line in particular is a blast to watch, their energy level is through the roof. F the Penguins!

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Columbus gave up getting major assets for not trading Panarin and Bobrovsky and I hope it pays off. They have played great hockey last 15-20 games.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
A couple of game 1 observations:

1. Toronto forwards are going to expose Chara each and every shift that he's on the ice. Sooooo much speed.
Hoping Toronto can take game 2 and get back up north in pole position and make quick work of the Bruins.

2. There is no better home ice playoff atmosphere than Nassau Colisseum. LOVE watching games played in that barn. But I (still) don't think they're getting past the Pens.

3. Tampa will be just fine...for now.

4. Washington should worry a little bit....but they will ultimately win the series.

5. I'm embarrassed to say this but I need to hold myself accountable: I learned that Nashville is in the CT zone the other night. Was so confused that puck drop there was 9:30 so had to google why. Still, 8:30 is pretty late to drop the puck there.

6. Matthew Tkachuk will end up on one side of a very serious injury before Calgary is eliminated, whenever that is. Plays too much on the edge like dirty playoff agitators of years past: Esa Tikkanen, Dale Hunter, Milan Lucic, Claude Lemieux, etc.

7. Speaking of Calgary, are babies born with Flames jerseys already on up there? Would very much like to garner Flames' fans opinions of our beloved UConn "rainbow white/blue outs". :)

8. I'm rooting like hell for the Blues. First, I like the way they play: fast and physical. Second, I can't bring myself to root for Paul Maurice.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
A couple of game 1 observations:

1. Toronto forwards are going to expose Chara each and every shift that he's on the ice. Sooooo much speed.
Hoping Toronto can take game 2 and get back up north in pole position and make quick work of the Bruins.

2. There is no better home ice playoff atmosphere than Nassau Colisseum. LOVE watching games played in that barn. But I (still) don't think they're getting past the Pens.

3. Tampa will be just fine...for now.

4. Washington should worry a little bit....but they will ultimately win the series.

5. I'm embarrassed to say this but I need to hold myself accountable: I learned that Nashville is in the CT zone the other night. Was so confused that puck drop there was 9:30 so had to google why. Still, 8:30 is pretty late to drop the puck there.

6. Matthew Tkachuk will end up on one side of a very serious injury before Calgary is eliminated, whenever that is. Plays too much on the edge like dirty playoff agitators of years past: Esa Tikkanen, Dale Hunter, Milan Lucic, Claude Lemieux, etc.

7. Speaking of Calgary, are babies born with Flames jerseys already on up there? Would very much like to garner Flames' fans opinions of our beloved UConn "rainbow white/blue outs". :)

8. I'm rooting like hell for the Blues. First, I like the way they play: fast and physical. Second, I can't bring myself to root for Paul Maurice.

I bet the Blues heavy in G1 and have them tonight too. WPG just didn’t look right down the stretch and STL is absolutely rolling right now,

Tampa needs to make a statement tonight. We take a guys trip each year to CBus for a Pens game and, while I despise their fan base, they create a crazy environment. I think CBJ gets one at home, so Tampa absolutely has to have this one tonight.

My Pens were awful on Wednesday and they still nearly won. Sid was uncharacteristically quiet, so I look for him to get it going tonight. Sullivan sitting Johnson for Maatta was beyond dumb, so we’ll see if he fixes it tonight. Pens take it 4-2 tonight

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I bet the Blues heavy in G1 and have them tonight too. WPG just didn’t look right down the stretch and STL is absolutely rolling right now,

Tampa needs to make a statement tonight. We take a guys trip each year to CBus for a Pens game and, while I despise their fan base, they create a crazy environment. I think CBJ gets one at home, so Tampa absolutely has to have this one tonight.

My Pens were awful on Wednesday and they still nearly won. Sid was uncharacteristically quiet, so I look for him to get it going tonight. Sullivan sitting Johnson for Maatta was beyond dumb, so we’ll see if he fixes it tonight. Pens take it 4-2 tonight

Agree with everything.

I hate Maurice from his days in Hartford. The old Whalers brass LOVED him even after he made puzzling move after puzzling move. Probably had more to do with him being young back then and everyone is so desperate to find the next up-and-coming young guy in professional sports...no matter how mediocre that guy actually is. He's a decent coach, don't get me wrong. I'm just irrationally holding an old Whaler fan grudge against him.

CBJ does have a nice home ice atmosphere in the playoffs and it's a good test for TB if they have any deep run aspirations like everyone thinks they do. I admit that I thought TB would sweep rather easily so I will enjoy seeing how the Bolts respond. I think they'll be ready to play closer to 60 mins tonight.

The Pens had some spurts of good pressure the other night. I do get nervous about their D when teams hound aggressive forecheck styles like the Isles did the other night. Seem a little too prone to turnovers whenever I get to watch them. That said, I think the Isles D is in the same boat: prone to bad turnovers under pressure. I also think the Pens will even the series tonight.

Reaction Score
Penguins look significantly slower than Isles.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Those were some crazy sweeps and story lines so far.

Tampa Bay with a .780 winning % and a huge favorite to win the cup gets swept by Columbus - wow. Some people are saying that Tampa Bay got unlucky by playing Columbus - not an 8 seed - analagous to the NCAA tourny.

The Isles without Tavares, were pretty much written off before the season and now have swept the Pens (winners of 2 of last 3 cups).

And Vegas is doing its thing again - one win from taking the series vs the Sharks.

Ovechkin vs Svechnikov (2 fellow Russians) fight and Ovi drops him.

I'm really enjoying the NHL playoffs .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom