2019 NCAA in Hartford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA in Hartford

Reaction Score
Are you still of the opinion that Gilbert will not play another minute for this team?
He may play another minute, but I don't think he will make a difference as he will not be 100%. Maybe not even 50%. Don't think I don't feel for him, but I don't believe that he will a difference maker for UConn basketball on the court.

Reaction Score
Sure thing. I’ve given close to 5 figures to the athletic department annually for about 10 years now. That doesn’t make me a big deal or a high donor but I’m not sure how me not forking over 3 hundy for NCAA tix that UConn is not involved in is any way an indictment on the fan base. Hell I can’t stand basketball but I was there at last year’s AAC tourney when we embarrassed ourselves as a fan base. Were you there?
Yup I was. The first game I saw with my dad it was against UMass. They had a kid named Dr. Jay or something like that. Been going to games ever since. Went to the NCAA when the parking lot people were gouging. Doesn’t matter to me what teams are. That is the problem with the base. They won’t travel in 1 inch of snow in they don’t care about games. Watch what happens when Geno leaves And see what happens to that program. If you only care about the concussion sport why are you posting on this board. And yes, I do go to football games

Reaction Score
Yup I was. The first game I saw with my dad it was against UMass. They had a kid named Dr. Jay or something like that. Been going to games ever since. Went to the NCAA when the parking lot people were gouging. Doesn’t matter to me what teams are. That is the problem with the base. They won’t travel in 1 inch of snow in they don’t care about games. What 20 women’s coach leaves And see what happens to that program. If you only care about the concussion sport why are you posting on this board.

Bully for you. You can’t blame people for not supporting a corrupt model. I’m at a crossroad where I’m contemplating if my donation is even worth it every year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Where will this be held as I thought the naysayers assured us the XL Center was not going to make it past this summer.

Reaction Score
Where will this be held as I thought the naysayers assured us the XL Center was not going to make it past this summer.

You missed the latest bond commission meeting. They approved placing a dome over the Rent for this event

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You missed the latest bond commission meeting. They approved placing a dome over the Rent for this event

Huh, that is too bad because outdoor spring ball at the Yard Goats facility could have been great.

Reaction Score
Huh, that is too bad because outdoor spring ball at the Yard Goats facility could have been great.

They wanted to but the city was still considering a tax on tickets

Reaction Score
This is a bad idea for Hartford in my opinion. The Wichita st and Nova games are perfect examples of why it’s a bad idea....
-bathrooms not working
-15 min bathroom lines for the ones that do work
-bathroom lines into the concourse causing massive traffic jams
-what else did I miss? Gotta renovate that place or rebuild it before we think about hosting these events

And there was a car fire in one of the parking garages.... Sums up Hartford

Reaction Score
$300 for NCAA tickets?!?!? Sorry but that is absurd. Anyone who is paying that has no right whatsoever to complain about how corrupt the NCAA is. You’re part of the problem.
$300 for 6 games on the best weekend in sports? Well worth it.. Corruption aside

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom